1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXXIII

Sep 12, 2022

1. Drive-by spam of my Anna, May, in the amazing Starbucks apron that @kuro gifted her!
      [​IMG]

2. Hey there! I was there a month ago. Do you have Global Membership, or just an online account? If you have Global membership (anyone can purchase one online for around 800 yen, or around $6-7 USD), you don't need a reservation. You can bring a guest along as well. They don't need an account.

If you don't have a membership, you need to make a reservation prior to your visit. They are only open on weekends, so plan accordingly! Your purchase history doesn't matter in either scenario. It's only about having a membership # vs not. Also, make sure you have your passport on you (a requirement in Japan anyways).

3. I just have the online account! I made it yeaaars ago when I started dabbling into DDs as well, but somehow never purchased directly from them.
      I was actually a bit confused when I logged in and saw there was no purchase stored, I could have sworn I had at least bought from them directly once :lol:

The rest I knew already, I was just worried whether my order-less account would be an issue/what are the restrictions for my guest.
      Hmmm the membership fee IS pretty low though, maybe I take it just to be a bit more flexible on the day when we have to show up :ablink:

4. Does anyone have any idea what the general odds are for Volks limited edition items that you must enter a lottery for? I just entered the lottery to get the new SD17 Ludo. :ablink:

I need another doll like I need a hole in my head, but his whole vibe and the outfit he comes with fits an OC I was hoping to turn into a doll eventually and I figured with the exchange rate being pretty decent at the moment, I might as well give it a shot. All that to say, I'm just curious how likely it is that it might work out? I've not done a lottery doll before so this process is new to me.

5. The odds would depend on how many people trying for it, right? But it doesn't hurt to try your luck! My personal anecdote: I entered the lottery for my DD Miku, sure that I would have a low chance to get her since it seemed like a lot of people were trying for her. And I asked my then-bf to put in an entry to increase my odds, hoping maybe I'd get one! To my surprise we both won, so I was on the hook for two Mikus and sold one at cost :abambi: Either I was extremely lucky, or the odds are pretty favorable!

6. Is the US getting an after event for Ludo?

ETA - I just saw it. Was on the wrong part of the new site, got turned around lol. Dates are TBA though.

7. I honestly didn’t look. The international site didn’t bar me from entering, and I had gotten the GL membership a couple weeks ago, so I just figured I would try there before waiting for the US event. With the way the exchange rate is right now it comes out a bit less spendy so I figured I might as well take a chance.

8. @romancedinthepast Oh for sure. I’m in the US too and I just entered the international one.

I was mostly just curious as I hadn’t seen anything announced for the US yet and last year both international and US lotteries overlapped. I thought maybe due to the new site they might have skipped it this year but looks like it’s just delayed.

But yeah it’s a lot cheaper! I’m hoping I will win international lottery cause even last year it was $200 cheaper even with international shipping and you get your doll in a few weeks vs the fall (I won US lottery last year lol).

9. @romancedinthepast, for sure you won't win if you don't enter, lol! Good luck! Ludo is soooooo handsome.

BTW, is it just me, or is Ludo a WS version of Maximillian/Regulus?

10. @beamlette he has different lips and a different nose, but those 3 definitely will all compliment each other nicely on your shelf ;)

11. Got my oldie goldie girl her original (?) body but do sculpts of that age need neck donuts? Her neck hole (in the bottom of her head) absolutely dwarfs her neck circumference.

12. Old heads had the elastic strung onto the hook in the headcap, so the neckhole isn't necessary to keep the s hook in place and thus can be large. Volks used to sell neckdonut like things for this. But they all came without it originally. And if you don't use the hook in the headcap the headcap will rattle around or drop of even when held on with a separate elastic band (i taped my ancient f-01 shut because of this)

13. Those old dolls often came together with a resin neck donut which could be glued inside the head. One of my old Volks got a metal disc instead of a donut (not sure if this was added by the pervious owner). The strings go through the tiny hole in the head and the donut and is fixed by the S-hoook. Another difference to later Volks heads is, that the headcap should be connected to the neck donut or S-hook with a rubber band to close the cap (or directly closed with the S-hook: [​IMG]

#653 Sadomina, May 10, 2023
      Last edited: May 10, 2023
    14. Thank you both! I've gone with the path of least resistance and purchased a neck donut from Cool Cat. <3

15. I need help, if possible: is there a way to tell the approximate year of a one-off? I got a cute old SD Michael girl which sadly didn't come with the one-off information sheet. All other items were included, fullset outfit, shoes, wig and eyes still glued. The eyebrows are not carved like my Michael from 2002, the faceup is very beautiful and simple, but not as simple compared to dolls from 1999-2003. It reminds me a bit of Shiro Tachibana After School release. The box was one of the golden ones, but without any sticker.
      The body is newer than my very old Volks from 1999-2003 (hands and feet have those tiny silver discs, connected with the usual elastics, not those old versions with thread connected).
      Here is the first picture I took of her (I need to take more pictures of her in her outfit, which is a very cute Japanese/Chinese/modern kimono/skirt-style):

[​IMG]

16. What a lovely Michael girl! While I don't know the exact year she came from, that appears to be a K. Mayura faceup. She looks to be early pureskin, and Magical Michael (only pureskin LE release thus far) was released in '05, so perhaps she is around to be that time period.

17. Thanks a lot for your answer! I also had this feeling, something around 2005. My old Michael from 2002 is oldskin Volks which looks quite different to my Michael girl. I searched a little and with this kind of faceup style it really feels like 2005 (earlier it was more simple and later they were more detailed with more blushing).
      Anyway, I'm so happy with my new old girl, it was love at first sight (and I have a soft spot for the Michael sculpt^^). I will share pictures of her full dressed soon :D

18. Adding my two cents waaaayyyy after it would be helpful but I'd definitely date her 2005-ish. She's gorgeous by the way!

19. Thanks so much!! :D

As promised, here is picture of her in her dress and sourrounded by her new friends:

[​IMG]

20. @Sadomina your collection is fabulous! All those beautiful classic sculpts!!! And your girl looks incredible in her dress! :love