1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXXIII

Sep 12, 2022

1. Thank you very much! It's not the best picture, I think I should make a better photo of my Volks crew soon!

2. Y'all so I thought you could cancel Volks lottery entries before the lottery entry time period was over? It says that in their rules. I ended up seeing a lot of owner photos on twitter and decided Ludo wasn't right for the character I want him for.

I went to cancel just now because its about 8am JST and the lottery period ends at midnight tonight. But the system wont let me cancel as it says items are in "Cannot be canceled because it includes items that are in preparation for shipping or that cannot be canceled." theres actually a button now that is allowing me to add to cart (but I can't actually add it because it says an identical item hasn't been shipped yet). Did I win? lol. I haven't got a "winning" email those aren't supposed to even go out until May 25th.

I have only participated in one other Volks lottery and it was on the USA site but the "add to cart" button didnt pop up until I won. I messaged Volks asking to cancel I hope they don't blacklist me. It says in their rules too that I can cancel before the order period is over. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I mean if I have to buy him its not the end of the world (I kinda wanted his wolf parts still regardless) but would rather not have to go through the hassle if possible lol.

3. I think you may be confusing the cancelation of the payment section of the rules with the actual entry. The payment charge will post as pending, then will fall off until you win. If you lose, that is what will be canceled. You cannot cancel lottery entries:

The good news is, if you do win and change your mind, it will not be difficult to find him a new home! He was extremely popular at Dolpa and sold out in A group, and there were very few available at the After Event. He seems quite popular!

But, for the sake of your experience, may the odds NOT be in your favor! :XD:

4. It's in the "shopping guide" for lottery not on the actual lottery page but it says "The contents cannot be changed or canceled outside the lottery application period. Please be careful not to make a mistake." I took that to mean I could cancel within the lottery application period. But I took what you quoted to mean if you won you couldn't cancel your application or your order. I haven't won yet and it was still within the application window so I feel like based on what they said on the site I should be able to cancel. Haha now I am a bit confused.

But in this lottery period like last when I entered for Regulus since I used a credit card (at least with Capital One) the initial payment charge only lasts as pending for 2 days and falls off. That doesn't mean they can't still charge it if you do win but its not currently held. The money only comes out of your account fully if you use a debit card.

Yeah I think I could sell him easily enough though, I didn't know he sold out so fast ty! :)

5. Thanks for that info! Makes me wonder if Volks may have done a smaller run of Ludo than, say, Lady Oscar 2nd edition, being unsure of his popularity. At any rate it confirms for me that getting anything less than an A or B group ticket would be a waste of time standing in the C, D, E etc. lines; better to go wait in the General Admission line (speaking from experience in December ;).)

6. Yeah I feel like that would be contradictory, because once you've won its no longer the application period anyways. The details on the actual lottery page are always the same for every lottery doll regarding application cancelations, so I wonder if it's just a weird translation on the shopping guide!

@beamlette how I wish Volks would give us numbers! It's always entirely possible they saved more for online too, but we shall never know for sure! Good luck if you're going for him!

7. I have only entered VolksUSA lotteries before, but with the current exchange rate it's very tempting to try the international site (especially since I also have the CA sales tax). Best luck to everyone who entered! I look forward to the photos :)

8. I don't know if the mailing list changed for VolksUSA but I wandered on to the site the other day to discover a sale on books including Another Yourself 2009?!?! I ended up buying enough books to get a little Shirokuma Setsuchan! Another Yourself 2009 is MASSIVE. I'm so glad I caught it on sale :dance ...but it doesn't fit on any shelf so I have no idea where to store it.

[​IMG]

9. Sweet photo! "Another Yourself" is an absolute treasure, a must-have for the Volks enthusiast. I believe it came with a DVD with charming footage. If memory serves, some soft-focused Sato footage, a segment of Valico (retired Volks faceup artist) restringing a Michele, and there are cute "commercials" for Tokyo Boys and Kohya? :cool:

I took advantage of the same sale. I purchased a bunch of older issues of Haute Doll and FDQ (a buck each!) and have been enjoying the nostalgia, reading articles about BJD veterans, written by BJD veterans. :whee:

10. Mine didn't come with a DVD, but I'd love to watch that someday! Perhaps it was a different book? Or maybe I haven't discovered its hiding place. It did come with a very old lottery entry form for SD16 Pearl though! Am I too late? :lol:

I'm glad you scored too! These old publications are so much fun to look at and it can't get much better than $1. I'm looking for the issue of Haute Doll with Aimee's omukae photos (August 2005?), but I didn't see it in stock. Someday!

11. Good news: a nice person uploaded the videos on YouTube. You will see that restringing tutorial I mentioned (done by another Volks employee, not Valico, who actually is featured in different segment).

12. Wow those videos are incredible, I’m so glad they were posted and so glad you shared them. Thank you! I can’t believe they go all the way back to 2006- I got into dollfies in 2007 so it really takes me back to that time. It makes me nostalgic for the simpler early era of dollfies!

13. Did someone mention the simpler early era?
      Let me contribute - this girl just arrived today.
      Taisho Romance Megu (circa 2000). Her outfit is currently undergoing a vinegar treatment (so musty!) so she's modeling almost-as-old BTSSB

Please forgive.. pretty much everything, she'll be 23 this year! (She is in desperate need of work but I need to make some decisions before anything else can be done)

[​IMG]

14. I love her! Old Volks... :drool:drool

15. @eleniel, congratulations on scoring that fabulous old Megu! That attitudinal expression, so typically Megu, which is what I've always loved about default Megus <3

16. My Megus have always had attitude - this one is no different!
      I do need to restring etc her though otherwise her head just spins around her neck in a grumpy imitation of the exorcist head spin.
      I do have so much love for this ancient thing.

17. Your Megu is so gorgeous! :love

18. Thanks! I was going to get her repainted (this faceup is patchy and sort of a mess) but I can't actually go through with wiping her right now. I might consider it if I could get Volks to repaint it exactly as it was when new but as it is the faceup is almost entirely original so I'm leaving it.

19. @eleniel Your Megu is so beautiful! Is this her old default faceup? If it was the original, I would keep it :D
      I remember when I got my old Sara (1999), her faceup was part default but also enhanced (they didn'd take out the eyes and just painted over the default, maybe they also changed the lashes - it looked terrible). I repainted mine, but still feel sad because I had removed the old faceup which still got this ancient feeling.

20. It is!
      The eyelashes were changed out but that doesn’t bother me.
      When I first got her there were smudges and such all over but once I cleaned her up she came out pretty nice! I need to try and repair a tiny bit of unbalanced eye shadow and her lips aren’t missing paint? But the paint that is there seems to have been really watered down so you can see places where the coverage is uneven. Her eyes aren’t the original set but she came with these not so great acrylic mess eyes (and 20 year old cement putty in her head - that was fun getting out) so these are just temporary. I’m going to give her eyes much closer to the original.
      Otherwise she’s in amazing shape for her age. She needs new string but I’d expect that from any used doll. Her wiring is pretty good it just needs adjusted.
      If I make it to another Dollpa (here or Japan) I’m definitely going to bring her.