1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXXIII

Sep 12, 2022

1. @eleniel You are so lucky, I‘m happy to hear that Megu is in such good condition! Please share pictures of her from time to time, I love such old precious gems so much, especially the Four Sisters

2. I will. She rapidly and unexpectedly launched herself to the top of my favorite doll list!
      I’m not surprised really - this is the doll that made me interested in this hobby to begin with. I had a pure skin Megu (2005) but she bored me so I sold her. I was a little worried it’d happen again but nope!
      I saw her pop up for sale and hit that buy now button faster than I ever have.
      I did miss the hakama Megu and an old swd Nono but I don’t think I would’ve been able to get this one if I tried to get a second.

3. Maybe you fine folks can help me....

Has anyone ever been able to compare an Alice in Labyrinth white skin to a Volks white skin? It was asked in the AiL thread ages ago but no enough people really traffic that thread and so I thought I'd try here as well.

4. Maybe it's just me but I feel like back in 2006 - 2014?, no one really wanted the really old dolls or let's just say fewer people coveted them. These days I feel like the really old Volks dolls are all the rage! I'd love to get one of the girls with the really old, giant ball joints (one of the 4 sisters) for an idea I've had kicking around but right now, I have had no time for dolls! Just going to enjoy them through here! :D

5. Back in those old days many people (like me) wasn't able to get expensive dolls from Volks, now those old ones from that times show up, mostly for good and reasonable prices. I remember when I started, my first love was a Four Sisters and Shiro Tachibana, but no way for me to get them. Now I'm happy to own a 1999 Sara, Shiro and some other big eyed old ones (my F06 old FCS got the biggest eyes among my Volks), I still love that old aesthetic, it brings back the good times :)

6. That's how I feel @Sadomina ! I always wanted some of these classic dolls, but at the time I was a student with very little fun money. Now I can afford some of the secondhand prices for these classic beauties (yay for Shiro appreciation!) and finally have some of the sculpts I admired way back when. Plus the nostalgia gives me good feelings. :lol:

Doll Tax (a very windy Shiro):
      [​IMG]

7. Aiko-chan, your Shiro has a fantastic faceup! <3

Linda S.
      galatia9

8. @Aiko-chan Your Shiro is wonderful, such a beautiful faceup! Thanks so much for showing :D

9. Thank you @galatia9 and @Sadomina ! He had the faceup when I adopted him and it's just too pretty to redo. One day, maybe, but for now I love admiring it. :whee:

And doll tax of my F-17, Link, because outside of dolls and video games right now, I have no life :lol:

[​IMG]

10. Old sculpts truly do have a certain magic! Sharing my Chii, Anka on theme!

[​IMG]

11. Ludo and Regulus look very different! ;)
      [​IMG]
      Height difference due to Regulus on his bare feet XD

12. @tiyama, thank you for the pic -- and a very nice one of them together, too! :love

13. This is the first time I've seen them next to each other. They are gorgeous and compliment each other really well!

14. And even more excitement, Sapphire is being re-released! She will be available at Nagoya Dolpa, After Events in stores, online, AND at Volks USA and Korea.

But wait, there's more!! They are also releasing the "Flaxen Hair Maiden" (Princess style) version. She is limited to Japan only at this time.

スーパードルフィー リボンの騎士

I hope many more people can bring Sapphire home!

15. I’m so excited for Sapphire’s re-release! I lost the lottery for her when she was first released and was very upset about it, so I’m really happy there’s a second chance to get her!

Will she be a lottery release again or is she available for everyone who wants her? I didn’t really see the clear information, though from the info available it seems like she’s gonna be available for everyone.

16. It should be a lottery for any online website and a first-come-first-serve for Dolpa attendees.

17. Wow! When it rains, it pours dollfies! :D Awesome that Sapphire is going to be re-released and yikes ... one offs!! :chibi

18. Have you seen a GL member from Volks Japan win a one-off lottery? I'm unsure whether it's worthwhile to join GL. I've been a member for awhile and have some time to think about whether I want to keep it or not... it's been about 4-5 years and never won the one-off type of lottery.. how do you think?