1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie ~ SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16, SD17 & FCS - Part V

Jun 15, 2012

1. Thank you! You can be sure that I will post photos of him here as soon as he arrives home. I don't expect him for a few months yet, since there is quite a few people ahead of me, but that's okay! I will have way too much fun buying stuff for him in the meantime. haha.

That is so pretty! I love what you did with the sleeves. :D So talented!

2. Here a better pic of my girl Lilith.
      [​IMG]

3. passionasfashion - Thanks for starting the new thread. Wow, Miss Edith is even more beautiful in this period costume. Why does she remind me of Olivia de Havilland? The rose print really brings out her gorgeous red lips. I actually like this more than the 40s outfit she photographed in before. Thanks for sharing.

XiaoCream - you have one beautiful doll. Love her high color face up! great outfit and picture.

elsii - Your Kira is so soft sensual looking. I wasn't aware that there is a SD17 Kira.

Tetradeka - Daria is gorgeous. Impressive job on the gown. It literally has bell and whistle in a good way.

ladydeath2007 - Lilith is so cute with her animal friend :D

And all the hot boys(you know who you are) has brought Anouk out from being a recluse. Hello boyz ;)
      [​IMG]

4. .......and there she is, Anouk, my my most absolute favorite girl doll!!!! I love you and miss seeing you here!!!!!

5. Finally change out Mia to a pair of Dollflower garnet eyes, think I like her better in the red than the icy blue zouks from before.

[​IMG]

6. Oh they are so gorgeous! I just want to eat them up :3

7. That is the perfect red for Mia!! She looks stunning!

8. Does anybody have any photography tips for getting your not-so-stellar camera to photograph colors correctly? .... Shinji's got this gorgeous grape-purple kimono here, but it always comes out blue-violet in photos!

[​IMG]

(More here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?524014-The-violet-hour-(Shinji-Volks-SD17-Genji))

Cranking up the yellows in Photoshop helps some, but I don't want his skin to go overboard on the yellows while I'm fixing the purples. Cranking up the reds made the purple look good, but his skin looked awful. I even tried holding something white next to Shinji while I took the photo, so that the camera could get a good white-balance & figure out a proper purple from there... but no luck. My little Canon Elph keeps seeing purple wrong. I might just have to settle for a Virtual Violet kimono. (At least it matches his eyes. ^^)

9. I don't have any suggestions for the camera itself, since I'm terrible with my own, but for Photoshop suggestions, you could select only his kimono using the polygonal lasso tool, ctrl-h to hide the selection once you're finished (so you can see the edges), and then you can go in and adjust just the colors on his kimono. It takes a little work but I played with your photo doing as much, and it seems to work out decent. You probably already know all this though!

10. Nope, I didn't know any of that-- Cavegirl has only rudimentary Photoshop skills & didn't know how to use the Lasso tool at all. Nor have I any clue about Layers. :blush But thank you so much, those little tips are an easy place for me to start tinkering! :>

11. Lovely photo of Shinji nevertheless Jenny!

12. [​IMG] one of my favorite dolls, carol....

13. Lol, figures the only email notif I get in 3 days is from a thread that's been closed! Well, found #5, and here's a pic of the two Williams we had at our meet yesterday. One Hatter version on SD13 body, one SD17 body, and face modded some. (Yay, all it takes is a wooden stand base to equalize the heights!)

[​IMG]

We also had a Masamune head sharing the SD17 body, and a sunlight F34 and an F31. Big boys-wise. We also had the usual horde of Yo's, and any number of lovely ladies in various sizes.

14. [​IMG]

I swear the moment this boy is outside his resin reflects all the green in the area possible...
      (He really needs to get some new tops, haha)

15. Thank you very much ^^ Love your kira too

Thank you Jescissa ^^ told your advice & tried on to see the effect, I love these mouch better than the icy blue ^^ thank you again

16. Speaking of Syo girls, here's mine :D

[​IMG]
      photo.JPG by cunninglanguage, on Flickr

@JennyNemesis, your Genji looks stunning in that kimono and wig!

17. Thanks for the compliments guys, bells are lots of fun! They twinkle and jingle every time I play with her. Something satisfying about that.

Aznbutterfly- wow! That's the perfect cat for your girl. I love it! I literally laughed out loud when i saw your picture it is so awesome.

yagamijo - twin Lorinas? Well I am just brimming with envy. I can't wait to get my hands on the SDGr body.

JennyNemesis - I think the lasso tool tip is spot on... I think it's your best bet for only adjusting the color of his kimono :)

calebb- Carol is one of my favorite molds! (But I sure love a lot of volks' molds!) :D

hobbywhelmed - that looks like it would have been such a fun meet to go to. I wish I was in the area and seen such handsome men.

revien- I think Volks should have used you to take their promotional pictures! Just lovely.

whisperingtree - I love Syo girls. It's too bad I don't see them as much as I like. I think they are like a more grown up f-01.

18. I have a question about the SD-16 Megu dolls. Does anyone know what type and size clothing fits her? Volks said that she is different from previous dolls, but I don't see any clothing listed for her on their site. Her clothing is pretty, but it looks like lingerie or bedroom clothing -- not something to take her out in. Thanks! *_*

19. She will fit into all SD16 girl clothes. The only difference in Megu is that her shoulders are rounded and improved elbows. So no worries there.

20. So picking up from the last thread, I'd been asking about going to Tenshi no Sato, and somebody mentioned Tenshi no Mado, which I hadn't been aware of. Is there an info page out there in English for Mado? Google and DoA search aren't bringing anything up but a few offhand comments and a couple dolls that are listed as Mado exclusives. With the yen rate right now getting from Tokyo to Kyoto might be impossible so it'd be cool to check out something in Tokyo that's more special than a normal Sumika.