1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie ~ SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16, SD17 & FCS - Part V

Jun 15, 2012

1. Somehow I agree with that. My old sd17 bodies weigh heavier than my newer bodies. And sdgou is pretty light for its size. I thought its cos I'm too sensitive. XD

2. @Biggy, your Kenny is absolutely adorable! :cake: Those big soft eyes are wonderful. I love his cozy knit headband underneath his hair, too, it's so cute.

Fun trivia! :D

But I thought I noticed that the newer SD17 body weighs more than the older-- I assumed it was something to do with the newer knee-joint construction. Then again I haven't weighed them.

For sure the old SD13 body is noticeably heavier than the current one; I can feel them get lighter as they get younger and thinner (Shiro 1, Sakaki, Tony...). I never measured the resin thickness inside the heads of my 2 Isaos & 2 Shiros, but they always felt the same capacity inside to me (re eye changing); maybe because those guys are both 'old'. ^^

If you ever get up the nerve to practice with a glue-gun... I swear it's worth it, just to be able to stabilize that head-snap without having to tweeze KIPS out of the neckhole! In fact, I don't know why I don't automatically do it on every new doll right away. It seems I give each new doll's KIPS a chance, for a couple months, a chance to really annoy hell out of me before I replace it with glue. :lol:

3. ...and to answer the question about Williams, mine likes to look like he belongs in the 18th century...

[​IMG]

4. Great, now I need leather pants or at least something that fits like those...

5. @Biggy, @fransyung: *droooool* Also my favorite styles: casual and classic/turn-of-the-century. Although if you look at my wardrobe I'd seem more of Dollhearts nut (Ok yeah, I'm a Dollhearts nut).

I've been shopping around for outfits for my Williams so he won't have to be nakey when he comes. Obviously the SD17 would fit him, right? How does the 70cm outfits fit? Too long?

6. XD Doll Heart! That is more like 18th century. Hahaha... XD

Yes. 70 cm would probably be too long at some places, especially the pants. But the shirts might fit. :3

7. :3nodding: Sadol's whole line of skinny-pants should fit like that. As you can see it's a super-snug fit, especially at the hips (the snap is fairly straining at the fly), but it's like a glove.

DollHeart's 70cm outfits are pretty big; a little long, a little loose; I think they use SSDF as their 70cm size standard.

But SD17 can manage.... I have put Shinji into one of those many-layered confections from the Solomon Grundy series, and he worked it OK. Coat and pants are a little too long & loose, and the corset is loose, but it generally worked.

[​IMG]

DollHeart's 70cm shoes are ginormous , & have been known to fit Iplehouse SIDs, so I'd stick to the 13/17 shoe sizes.

8. ​JennyNemisis - You are simply killing me with those pants! *drool*

Fransyung - Your Williams looks devine! There is just nothing better than a sharp dressed gentleman (unless he's panted himself into leathers that is). ;-)

9. Fran~ Beautiful pic of your Williams.....I also adore this style of dress.

10. After seeing everyone's pictures of their lovely dolls. I just like to share 2 pictures I took of my girls and Toshi when I visit Jo77 ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LoL I hope Toshi wasn't doing 'that' in front of the girls? ;)

12. No, *looking at the location of the sofa* definitely not in front of very sweet yagamijo's girls, but probably in front of the other girls such as the photographer and assistant ;)

Oh and fransyung, I love your Williams in this 18 century style ^^

13. Wow, those pictures are all so hot!

I've been busy myself! I added a rotating thigh joint to my Rinon. Ebi came over and helped me. She was my coach and cheerleader, I couldn't have done it with out her! This is how cool it turned out!
      [​IMG]
      Lute! by designbasia, on Flickr

and here is the mod journal ;)

14. ^Nice!!! She looks amazing!!! I love her pose and styling!

15. Rinon! *grabby hands*

16. Love that mod Tetradeka! No way I could do that myself, but it was interesting to see it!

17. Thanks guys! It was very terrifying. But something that I wanted to do for quite a long time. I love my Rinon... Volks USA restocked her recently for those of you who have been waiting :D

18. Biggy : Your F16 is so cute :aheartbea That mold never fails to make me swoon.

JennyNemesis : Those pants and legs look hot hot hot! XD I must be very weird but I like it better when dolls and humans have less of a butt. ^ ^ Clothes tend to sit better on them. Unless of course it is meant for curvy males/females but that's a different story. XD

Fransyung : Aurrggh Lovely boy! I love the old style clothing very much. ^ ^ He looks simply dashing. :aheartbea

Yagamijo, Fransyung and Kshusha : LOL you guys are hilarious.. I only just noticed the button was left open.. does that mean I am not as big of a perv as I should be? hahaha. XD Love the photos of your twin lorinas. They look so lovely. :)

Tetradeka : Wow *o* I love what you did. Just went through your mod journal and it is quite a complicated process hahahha. There's always that danger of messing up in one of the stages but you were able to do it pretty much perfectly! I doubt I would ever be brave enough to do it on my sd bodies. I can be quite clumsy. @_@; Great job and congratulations on a very successful mod! :) Glad it turned out well.

19. Hahaha, no no no Toshi would not do that infront of the girls. The girls has went off to mingle with Joey's Megu and Kana XD

Hahaha yea, he's Joey's (jo77) 'bf' so he's probably trying to tease her ^_~ (he's usually very sober at home, its rather unlike him that day at Joey's house hehe)

Nurie : Thank you so much for your kind words about the girls ^^ and you are definately not pervert haha, my stupid boy is being weird and silly that day hahaha

Wow, you did a superb job and I am sure Volks would look at your work and should they improve the SD13 girls leg joints in future, you will know it would have originated from you ^_~ Kudos to your great skill and work XD