1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie ~ SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16, SD17 & FCS - Part V

Jun 15, 2012

1. Thanks Juli!
      My first Ran (to the right) came like that from Volks as she was bought at the Dolpa by a shopping service and shipped directly to me. The second one I don't have previous history on, but since everything else was pristine and there is no signs of any alterations I think it's safe to assume that she is also completely default still.

I'm just baffled at the big differences in their face-ups. I have twin Kurumis as well, from different releases even, and I can't tell them apart by the face up - it's almost exactly the same on both of them.

But as you stated, it's probably just an example of the individual artistry of the face-up artists at Volks.

2. Some LE releases are like that - your doll has a faceup that looks pretty much like the sales photo, your friend's doll also has a faceup that looks pretty much like the sales photo, but your two dolls couldn't look less alike! Isao, Yukinojo and Arashi were all like that; they were 3 of my first dolls, and they all had such different faceups compared to the same dolls I saw at meetups, so I was a mite confused about which of us had the 'real' faceup, until I got used to it. ^^

I especially remember there were a lot of us confused over what the original Yukinojo face was supposed to be like-- seemed like half of them had what could only be described as a soul-patch under the lower lip; the rest of us got ones who were obviously clean-shaven, with a delicate shadow instead of a definite dark-brown patch. It depends on which artist you get.

3. Yup, I remember this. I was so afraid mine was going to be clean shaven when I got him...LOL

4. The last thing I wanted was a hipster-dipster beard on my beautiful blond boy. :XD: I was so happy mine came with just a light touch of blush under his lip!

5. @macaroon tea: Thank you!! :D I wonder why Vic's head really that big (_ _);;;

@timid: I love Fabian new face up! :D ahahahah he looks sexy with red undies on him :XD:

Congratz on your twins Ran!! Ahiru :XD: they both really looks different even they are twins ;)

6. I saw some photos from Sendai DP's guidebook just now, it seems there is a new historical figure SDGr boy named 支倉常長/Hasekura Tsunenaga (I think) http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/支倉常長, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga (with new FCS hands),has relation to 伊達政宗/Masamune Date ....and a new DDS part (new one upper body piece so in a swim suit the bust and waist is one piece) and some new DDs (with open mouth like SQ lab heads) O_O

7. Ahiru : They are so cute together! :D That's an awesome twins! ^^

8. New dolls for sendai are up!
      SDGr boy Hasekura Tsunenaga
      YoSD Ehime,
      YoSD Bontenmaru (which is another name for Date)

9. Are pictures available somewhere of these new dolls? :D

10. Thanks timid!

11. The new YoSDs
      http://twitpic.com/a221k2
      Bontenmaru is so cranky!

On the subject of the thread:
      The new boy is really pretty from what I've seen. I do NOT need another boy right now...

12. Wait wait wait, there's going to be a YoSD Date?!

13. YoSd Date will be coming to join my family no matter what!!!! He is to die for. So curious to see pictures of Tsunenaga.

14. Yes, Adrian....always have loved him! My boy has a slight shadow, but very slight as well.

15. Ahahaha! mini-date is so adorable! I can totally see him as a younger form of the SDGr version. I think it's in the eyes!

timid, may I ask what the doll you linked us to is? (Hasekawa Tsunenaga??) He looks so much like Williams!:O

16. Hohoho....little date is cracking me up:D volks did a fantastic job.and the new sdgr boy is gorgeous.drools.

17. Messy, that is Tsunenaga! ^_^

18. XiaoCream Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Williams? Haha!

19. messymessness, I think... he looks like williams yet cecile at the same time... correct me if I'm wrong @_@;;;