1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Tea Party in NY

Apr 18, 2006

1. Call it laziness, or a lack to re-read this thread again and me just not remembering or whatever.... but is there a limit to how many VOLKS dolls we can bring with us to the tea? Besides of course the number we can physically carry that is. >_> I was also wondering if there would be anyone doing re-stringing or something similar because certain boys do NOT want to stand for me. -_-

2. The doll doctor will be there and watching him restring is pretty amazing to me.

I don't believe there is a limit to how many dolls you can bring but you might want to keep in mind that you'll have to either lug them around or be okay with where ever you can put them. At the LA Tea Party they were all over the tables. I'm a little protective of mine so would want to be able to keep an eye on them - not because of worrying about someone taking them but because I don't like my faceups touched but not everybody feels that way.

3. Ok, I understand that I snap when people touch my dolls faces. My concern is mostly that I have 3 very loose Volks boys that I wanted to get restrung, but wasn't sure of the cost or if we were only allowed to have one doll restrung.

4. They don't charge for their services. I would imagine they will limit how many dolls they work on for each person unless there isn't a huge demand. Maybe you would have to keep getting in line for each one.

5. I had my Shiro and Arashi done at the IFDC convention last year and they didn't charge, also because their table was pretty much empty, they had nothing for sale so I guess it gives them something to do.

Geri

6. Oh great! Kohana just loves to collapse. She needs a little stringing help!

7. They actually had so many people wanting to get their dolls re-strung at the LA tea party, that they had to make a list of people and call them when their time came up. I went in the room several times to try and get Kurai re-strung, but they were always busy and they kept making announcements for everyone to gather to see the President speak, or the anouncement of the lottery winners, etc.

I am really hoping to get Kurai re-strung early on at the Tea Party. I've tried re-stringing her myself, but failed. :(

8. Does anyone hope that they raffle off some of the Sei-Tenshi or am I just in la-la-land?? heehee

9. I don't think they actually raffle the Sei Tenshi, but they give them away!
      The one-offs are sort of a raffle....you put your name in a box for each doll, then you "win" the chance to pay for them.
      :)
      Michelle

10. *coughs and spits out drink* They give them away? Just randomly?

11. In LA we all got a number when we came in. They drew numbers and if it was yours, you went up and pulled a piece of paper from a basket. It said what you won. There were Sei Tenshi's, outfits, wigs, shoes. I got called and thought my heart would pound out of my chest walking up there. I won an outfit (so close to Sei Tenshi but so far away) and they let me pick what kind of doll I wanted it for. My Mikey got a new trench coat outfit.

Sei Tenshi's are never for sale from Volks. They are always gifts from Volks which makes them even more special to those that have one.

12. Indeedy :) All I had to do was sign a form when I received Lottie via lottery (see: my user icon), didn't cost anything.

PS. Good luck anybody who has the #26 raffle number, if you do raffles for other than just the one-offs :) (That was my winning number, so let's hope it's lucky again!).

13. I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I read in the new FDQ magazine that there will be a special FDQ issue at the tea party all about Olivia. Is there a way for non-attendees to buy it online?

14. OMG so excited (faints away)

15. OK All, I have some details and answers to your questions.

1. People not attending the Tea can purchase the FDQ Special Issue from our website. They will not be shipped untill after the Tea. They will also be available for purchase at VOLKS LA the following weekend.
      http://www.fashiondollquarterly.com/

2. How many SD can you bring to the Tea?
      As many as you can carry.
      The VOLKS Doll Dr will restring and check as many as he (they) can. It's really an amazing thing to see cause he's soooo fast! Anyone who wants to see the Dr. please have your doll ready once you know you're next in line (in other words, strip that doll). We're hoping that every slightly ill SD gets their turn. At the mansion/opening day last year, VOLKS didn't charge for this service.

3. Dress Code???
      There is no dress code. Business casual or neat attire has been suggested. The room is air conditioned but it's also July in NYC so it's very humid. If you tend to get cold easily I would suggest bringing a sweater (sometimes the AC is just too much). I would also suggest comfortable shoes - New York is a walking town.

4. Dolls must be VOLKS. However you can put your SD 'son' in an Ajumapama wig with masterpiece eyes in a LUTS outfit with Doll Heart boots ... just as long as the doll is by VOLKS.

5. What you need:
      In order to enter you will need to have your invite and a photo ID. Your name (and your guests name) will be on a list at the door. Please do not forget your invite! Which reminds me ....
      if you haven't RSVPed you have 1 more day - all RSVPs are due by July 15th, that's Saturday! you and your guests name must be on the list.

6. The admission fee is $10.00 per person, this is CASH ONLY.

7. If you order SD16 Olivia or wish to purchase an extra FDQ Special Edition (invitees get one free, guests will need to buy one) - you will pay FDQ directly. FDQ accepts Visa, MC and AMEX, as well as checks, cash, money
      orders and Paypal. Checks and MO should be payable to FDQ or Fashion Doll Quarterly. (Volks will handle payment for the one-offs.)

Now.....
      what you can expect (based on what took place at the 2005 LA Tea ...)

You'll arrive and get your FDQ Special Issue, One-Off Lottery form and Door Prize Entry form (and anything else VOLKS comes up with).

You can display your SD on the tables and mingle.

Olivia and the 24 One-Off Models will be on display. The One-Offs will have cards next to them with their info (artist, head mold etc) along with the price & number. Decide which one you want to go for and fill out the form (I don't know how many enties each person will get - guests are not elidgeable).

In the meantime food will be served, you can meet the VOLKS FOLKS, see the SD Dr, take pictures, order Olivia.

Eventually we'll all sit and you'll hear from Mr. Shigeta, possibly Akari (the artist known as Mikey) and Pat of FDQ. Then Volks will ask to hear from you to see if you have any questions or comments. To help some of you shy people along - FDQ will provide each table with some index cards - you can write out anything you want to say to Mr. Shigeta and we'll do the talking for you.

Then the One Off raffle begins. They go doll by doll till they're all gone.

Door Prizes: Since there aren't enough dolls to go around ... VOLKS gives away clothes, wigs shoes and (in LA) 10 Sei Tenshi. Will they do the same here???????

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.
      -Am
      FDQ Magazine

16. Do you know if the One-Off Models will be available to view online in advanced? I know this was the case for the last LA Tea Party.
      Thanks!

17. omgomgomg i hope i win a sei tenshi!! I am notoriously unlucky though. poo.

18. I was told they won't be available to see online. Hopefully that will change!

I don't think Volks will do the door prize/raffle as they said they will be doing bingo. So any clothes, wigs, Seitenshi -- they will most likely be won through bingo.

19. Thanks for the update AM - it looks like it will be short, BUT FUN!!! Alex

20. Bingo! I love Bingo!