1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Tea Party in NY

Apr 18, 2006

1. Wow, that sounds like it'll be really fun! Too bad I can't go, not having any Volks dolls or a subscription. ^_^;;

Hope everyone going gets the dolls they want! :D

P.S. Are us New Yorkers welcome to any meet-up events afterwards, even if we can't go to the party? <3

2. Achi I believe you are. Check the Nametag etc threads in the Meetup Forums.

3. Hi, Achi!

Check here for what Sher's planning:

http://209.59.173.169/forums/showthread.php?t=68469

I am soooo looking forward to this coming day!! Whatever Volks comes up with for fun, for one-offs, for prizes and gifts, it'll be the people in attendance - and their lovely resin companions - who'll make the day special!!!

~Bruce

4. I don't have time to read the whole thread so could someone just give me the basic facts about the tea/

I would really appreciate it

5. Go to the first page in this thread and read Am's post, that should get you started. Basically, if you're not a subscriber to FDQ and or a Volks Member (i.e. shopped through Volks, or registered your Volks doll on their site), you'll have to see if someone already attending will sign you up as their guest by July 15th. If you unable to attend the Tea Party, we will be having a gathering ourselves at the Gershwin Hotel. Search for posts by Sher to get info on this. Hope this helps you.

Juli DC

6. Hi All,

Am has already posted how we may pay for Olivia Morgan, but she and I weren't sure what Volks policy was. So I emailed them earlier today to ask what forms of payment they would accept for the one-offs and such, here's their reply:

Thank you for your inquriy about the payment options.

Unfortunately, we only accept the credit card payment
      or cash at the Dolpa in NYC.

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience
      for this time.

Sincerely,

VOLKS USA Web Service Center
      VOLKS USA, INC.
      URL: www.volksusa.com
      E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this info is helpful to everyone attending! See you soon! :D

Hugs, Juli DC :D

7. Too bad I can't make it all the way to NY.. but you guys are going to take pictures, yes? :D (if pictures are allowed that is.)

8. Pictures are not only allowed - but encouraged. I expect we'll just spam up the boards with them - lol.
      -Am
      (Only 1 week away .....)

9. For those of you who don't have the actual invitation, please print out your confirmation email from Pat, just in case. You may be asked to present it at the door.
      Thanks,
      -Am

Less than a week away - !!!!

10. I really want to go, but I don't have a membership, or a Volks doll.
      Can I sign up for it now?

11. Definitely too late. You had to register for the Tea quite a while ago and RSVP to the invitation that would have come out. Besides you have to be registered with Volks and have an FDQ subscription. Hopefully there will be another one next year. Crossing fingers....

12. Whew, thanks - I was starting to sweat since I'm still unpacking from a move and hadn't come across it yet :sweat

13. appropriate dress? just a quick question. Is anyone wearing jeans? I know they wouldn't be the best choice for atea party, but I will be coming directly from the bus and they are they have the best pockets for safety of keys, cash, etc. Guessing I could wear slacks that aren't jean fabric. - Barb in MA

14. Hi Barb,

I'm hopping the hound as well, but I'll probably be wearing black trousers styled like jeans. Just a little more polished than regular blue jeans. ;) I plan on wearing a dressy top and jewelry to make the ensemble appropriate for the party. Can't wait to see everyone!

Hugs, Juli DC :D

15. Im going to be wearing a nice shirt i just got specifically for the tea, a nice neat pair of jeans and my dress shoes Lisianthus :3nodding:

so at least if you DO wear jeans..you wont be the only one ^_^

16. Jeans... I'd be sweltering in jeans. It's like 94 degrees and 10000% humidity here.

17. Mmm... I'm probably going to be wearing jeans... or maybe some black cargo pants. Since there was no dress code set by Volks, I'm just wearing everyday stuff.

18. Perhaps this is a stupid question, but this is in regard to One-Offs in general. Are there only SD/SD13 sized one-offs available? Or are there sometimes YoSD and MSD sized ones? As such, is there like a wide or narrow price range on them? Thanks to anyone who can answer some of my questions. =^_^=

19. There were MSD One offs in LA, but I don't remember anyone mentioning Yo's.
      :)
      Michelle

20. Have there ever been any Yo one-offs ever? At any of the Volks events?