1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Tea Party in NY

Apr 18, 2006

1. Hi Stella,

When is your FCS coming? Is Volks sending it directly to you? They would have your name and address already since you paid for it.
      May 15th is the cutoff for the FDQ subscription.

Volks hasn't explained their registration/membership requirements offically. We are all speculating til we get offical word.

2. funny thing is that when you sign up on the site where you add your volks doll pictures they say you will get a card, but I never did get one.

3. Hey Ginarolo, no or I don't know since Aimee ordered her for me.

4. I never got one either. And I never got one from the Volks USA site, though I've place 4 or 5 orders with them.

5. I have placed 2 orders with Volks USA, (1 clothes and 1 for a Kyoto Dolpa doll) both orders have been received and neither had that card in with them. I was invited to the LA Tea Party, but did not enter the lottery as I knew I could not attend, and have 1 of my dolls listed on the Volks Owner's List.

In Japan, I know that was the 2005 Membership card if one was a Volks Supporter or Volks VIP. One of my friends in Japan got a card so I could get Volks News.

About 2 weeks ago they just started sending the new 2006 cards to Volks VIPs and Supporters in Japan. My friend got the new card with the Spring Volks News.

Perhaps, those of us who didn't receive our cards will get one of the new 2006 ones.

6. I got the same card at the LA opening. When we went down there a month ago, they asked for my card or my number. I don't know if they actually track purchases, although I would assume a computer system would, but I know my info is attached to the card number. I didn't say my name but they new it from the card.

Now if your only order was placed by someone else, I would guess you might have a problem because they would have no record of you.

On the other hand, if you've ordered off the website they would have you in their system because they charged you and shipped to you.

It will be great when everyone knows for sure and the guessing and speculating can stop.

7. Okay I got an email from Volks regarding the card and eligibility to the Tea Party - here is what the email reads:

Dear Ms. -------- -------,

Thank you for your inquiry about your memberID
      card.

We have checked our detabase under the ID number,
      then there was your name for that card, so you are
      a member of VOLKS USA. Please do not worry.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

VOLKS USA Web Service Center
      VOLKS USA, INC.

From that email at least, it seems to be that you must have the ID card mentioned in this thread ("Volks ID Card '05") - so basically you have to have purchased a doll in a manner that wouuld allow you to receive some version of this ID card - I imagine if you purchased a doll then you would be counted in since I've heard talk of the '06 ID cards taking much longer to be produced. At least to me it seems that this ID card is what is allowing entry. I hope that they make an official announcement soon so all this can be confirmed or denied :)

8. Gina's kindly confirmed that you just need to have made a purchase through VolksUSA, not necessarily a doll. :daisy My friend also made a purchase through Volks recently for eyes and she still received the 2005 version of the ID card. I hope we get some confirmation soon too!

9. Ok so one person above said she did order and got no card. So what would she show if she turned up at the event.....

10. I got one from Volks Japan ages ago (which I can't find) but I've never got one in all the times I've bought from Volks US...

*shrug*

11. I don't know because my first order with Volksusa website was for a few accesories and I never got a card, but a couple of weeks later I ordered Toppi and that is when they sent me the card.
      I am very upset that Volks hasn't put any information on their site, the way they do bussiness is suck. They should it explain this by now.

Geri

12. Your invitation from FDQ :daisy

I really doubt you need the card -- you just need to be in the VolksUSA database. Volks are not the ones who are selecting people, they're just sending FDQ a list of VolksUSA members. FDQ will be the ones comparing the lists of members and subscribers, choosing the people, and mailing the invites.

13. I would think if you have a doll listed in the volks owners album which I do have that should be enough after all this is meant to be for volks fans!!! of which nearly all my dolls are volks. I would think they would take that list as well as the list from volksusa and the LA shop.

Ok - well I just ordered from volksUsa two sets of chibi underwear and ordered my subscription like a good little girl now I will take out war drums if I dont' get the invite!

14. Did you place your order before May 8th? I think it said you needed to be in their database before then...

I really think they need to clarify what's going on with membership, this is very confusing*_* I have an ID card and a subscription.... I really want to go too!!

15. Post number 22 said the 8th and post 51 by the same person said the 15th.

NO I didn't place it before the 8th for the volksusa.com - UM!! I think its till the 15th for the mag invite and 8th for the volksusa.com order invite :(
      Well I guess I had better phone them.

I did add a comment to my subscription extra info field to the effect of sign me up for that event and also the same for volksusa.com shop.

The event is only 3 1/2 hours long, I am going to have to write down some shops to shop ! its quite a long trip for me to get there and back and I will have to stay over at a hotel.

16. Well I haven't purchased anything directly from VolksUSA by May 8th. So I guess this means I can't go. ;-; I really wish they would use the SD owners list and not the Volks USA membership.

[edit] well I did get my Hewitt 2nd edition through the Volks USA lottery event. That should count...at least I think it should. :)

17. Hey everyone...just wondering if there is how long you have to the subscription for..is the minimum one year?

Just making sure.
      Thanks

18. Yes, I believe the minimum is a one year subscription.

19. Some news from VOLKS about the Tea Party direct from Mr. Kajiwara, Manager Volks USA (this may already be on the Volks Blog or will be sometime soon). Please excuse some of the english, I took it direct from their email.

1. What is VOLKS USA membership & how can I get the it?
      Website shoppers are automatically registered.
      The application form is also available at the LA store.
      Registration is free of charge.

2. What is a membership card? Is that something I can prove as membership?
      Yes. A membership card is distributed.
      Currently we are producing a version for 2006,
      and we will send the cards as soon as we are ready to distribute.

3. What is the difference between "VOLKS USA membership" and "SD Owners list"?
      The VOLKS USA membership is a registration service for the customers of VOLKS USA. (Only for the customers who live in USA, Canada and Mexico.)

The SD Owner's List is a registration service for SD Owners, hosted by VOLKS Japan. It used to be only for owners who live in USA, Canada and Mexico.
      Now, the registration for that service is closed. (05/12/06)

It will be reopened as INTERNATIONAL SD Owner's list in June.
      International SD Owner's list will be different service and accept to register from all over the world. It will still have SD pictures, owner's names and other information uploaded on the web site, but it will not have other special services, such as membership ID card.

4. Which list should I do I need to be registered on to participate in "Dolpa in New York 2006" (the Tea Party)?
      "VOLKS USA membership" OR "SD Owner's list", which is now closed.

Due to the closing of "SD Owner's list for USA, Canada and Mexico owners",
      we decided to combine both names of "SD owners list" and "VOLKS USA membership". So if you sent us an email and registered your SD on the owner's list before May 12, 2006, your name will be combined to VOLKS USA membership.

If you want to be a VOLKS USA member because of "Dolpa in New York 2006", please come to Tenshi no Sumika LA for free registration or do shop in our shopping site.

5. Is there any way I can get confirmation that I am in the membership?
      Please inquire at VOLKS USA Customer Service
      [email protected]

If you have any questions about the membership and SD owners list, please send us an email.

6. I ordered FCS in January (still waiting...) am I VOLKS USA member and eligible for an invitation?

Yes. The owners of FCS Super Dollfies are automatically registered. Please do not worry.
      - - - - - - -

And from Pat of FDQ , some more info about the Event:

"You will be happy to know that VOLKS will have the "Beauty Salon" at the tea party, Dollpa bingo and sale of "Another Yourself", and autographs with Volks artists.
      The event is listed from 3 - 6:30pm."

Keep in mind you also must be a subscriber to FDQ Magazine, (and it is a yearly subscription) by Monday May 15th.

I hope to see you there!
      -Am

20. Thank you for more solid info!!!

SD owners list ! OK well I have been a member there for a while. I guess I didn't need to buy the two chibi underwear sets LOL. However I bet my yo-sd's will enjoy at least one of them. The other you may see in the market place.

I am a subscriber now ;) lets hope for Sei Tenshi at the bingo!! yep big hope.

The "Another Self" do we know anything about this doll?