1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Tea Party in NY

Apr 18, 2006

1. Thanks Pam, this is going to make a lot of people happy.

Gery

2. The "Another Yourself" is the photo book Volks is currently taking preorders for. This is the one with the chance to get second editions of Liz and Shirou, and the SD16 school uniform.

3. Thanks Valentine ...
      Isn't there meant to be a unique or limited doll offered to? do we know anything about that?

Oh this is exciting will be my first event and meet up. If anyone wants to meet up earlier in the day feel free to pm me.
      I guess once we get our email invites we can start a chat thread ! Now I just need to decide what doll to bring!!! New York might be a good place for my moody Toppi boy!

4. Supposed to be - nothing's been released so far. I think that's set to be revealed with the new issue of FDQ.

5. The events allot shorter than I had imagined just 3 hrs I guess we better not be late and enjoy every second of it.

6. Can i ask what the dresscode is? [for me , not my doll ]
      thank you ^^

7. Am - I tried to contact the magazine to check about the subscription deadline and haven't gotten any reply. Their site says that May 8th was the deadline.

Are you SURE that the 15th is the real deadline? It looks like a cool magazine, but I'm short on funds at the moment, so it'd really suck for me if I subscribe only to find out I'm not eligible.

8. Absolutely positive - just called Pat to double check it. (Her website has not been updated).

Deadline to subscribe to FDQ is May 15th .

If anyone is having problems subscribing online, you can send your email to: [email protected]
      And, you may want to let them know you want to be eligible for the Tea Party.

Thanks,
      Am

9. The blog has updated with new info! -- http://blog.volksusa.com/

----

Dolls Party in New York City 2006

Date:
      Saturday, July 29, 2006

Time:
      3:00 pm to 6:30 pm

Place:
      The Reeves Great Hall,
      Fashion Institute of Technology New York City

Co-host:
      Fashion Doll Quarterly

Admission Fee:
      $10 (Payment upon entry)

Eligibility:
      1. Volks USA members
      * Registration must be completed by May 31.
      2. Subscribers to FDQ
      * Members who have completed the registration by May 8.

Only members who have completed both registrations are eligible to attend.

Application. period:
      May 22 to May 31 2006

How to Apply:
      We will take applications on the Volks USA blog.

* 250 members will be invited to the party.
      If we receive more than 250 applications, we will possibly hold a lottery.

How to Be Recognized As A Member:

Volks membership is a registered membership club for the customers who have purchased at the LA store or Volks USA website. An original Volks ID card will be distributed to the members. Currently, we are awaiting the new 2006 editions to be produced. There are some customers who have not received a card yet. We will distribute the new cards as soon as they are received.

* Customers who purchase from the Volks USA website will have their information automatically registered.

* Customers who purchase and apply at the LA store will be registered as well. Membership is free of charge.

For the customers who are registered on the SD Owners List at the Volks International site:

We are going to combine both systems of the Volks USA membership and the USA SD Owners List. The customers who are registered on the SD Owners List by May 11th of 2006 will become members of Volks USA automatically.

* As stated previously, the Volks ID cards will be distributed later, so please be patient until then.

If there are any questions upon your registration, please contact [email protected]

10. In case you missed my earlier post ....
      The Deadline to subscribe to FDQ is May 15th .

If anyone is having problems subscribing online, you can send your email to: [email protected]

-Am
      FDQ Magazine

11. Yes, I noticed Volks seemed misinformed on that part. ^^ Lucky we have this thread to compile the correct info from all sources. :daisy

12. Wow that does look bad for them, I am sure they will be rushing to renew for months ahead!!

FROM post 52:

Reminder:
      Deadline to subscribe to FDQ and be eligible to attend the Volks Tea Party is May 15th. If anyone is having problems subscribing online, you can send your email to:
      [email protected]

13. Did anyone else notice Toppi's blog changed? It now says that you must be a Volksusa registered member before May 31.

14. Does anyone remember what info you need for the subscription? I am attempting to register through email because the site is still down.

15. Guys, just a reminder - this is the news thread. Please continue your chatting in the General Discussion thread. Several recent posts have been moved to that thread.

16. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Unoas a category of doll we are allowed to bring? If I go I want to take Tasuki (SDC Arashi) and Lucien (Unoa B-El).

17. Unoa aren't produced by Volks, so I would guess no, it wouldn't be polite to bring one to the tea party.

18. This is a Volks event so I think the best will be to bring a Volks doll. The day Luts or someone elee does an event then take a luts doll.

Geri

19. I just remembered somebody bringing an Unoa to the LA Tea part, so I thought I'd ask. I know better than to bring any other type of non-Volks doll thanks. What does Luts have to do with anything? I guess I'll just take SDC Arashi and YoSD Piccolo with me.

Maybe I've missed it, but has there been any additional news on how the application process is going to work? I assume there will be information on Toppi's Blog eventually, but thought I'd ask here, thanks.

20. Hmm, I don't think I saw Unoa but I did see an Unoss, maybe that was it?

There doesn't seem to be any more additional news at the moment. Looks like we'll have to wait until the 22nd to find out.