1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks USA Website Now Open

Nov 29, 2005

1. Wheew! I second that on them not using DHL!

(Although UPS isn't much better...)

2. Ooh Kun and sweet dream Suzuna...so tempting. (no money for 'em, but still tempting)

I hope they get pictures and the other doll stuff (clothes, wigs, etc.) on the site soon...

3. They were not sold out during the opening.*sweat*

Magical Michael is really gorgeous if you see it in person!!
      MUST BUY!! RECOMMENDED!!

Volks had their schedule update again....
      They even open on Christmas weekend!:o

4. I just ordered last night using the new website. What bothered me was that when I was choosing shipping there was no insurance option. -__-;; I hope that it's included, because if my boy arrives damaged I don't know what I will do.

I wonder how long it takes them to ship. X3

5. yay! i <3 volks

6. Excellent website! Very well designed and easy to use. I just placed and order and it was so quick and simple. Bravo Volks!!! [​IMG]

I can't wait for them to add clothing, wigs, shoes, etc.

7. I know I woundered this too. It does seem that it would be cheeper to order from the Japanese site even with shipping and the exchange rate fee. With the exchange rate(US $$ to Yen) now a Super Dollfie shouldn't coast more than $580 with shipping and the excahnge rate fee.

8. The shipping may be a bit more because they have to ship all of the items from Japan to the US, and then from Cali. to your house when you place an order.

I am sure that if anything happens during shipping via UPS, Volks will work with you and UPS to take care of it and make things run smoother. They are a very nice company and I have never heard of any hugely negative shipping issues from them. If you are concerned about them shipping via UPS and how the package would be handled, I suggest you email Volks and ask them if there are any other shipping options, or if they could explain the shipping method to you. Volks packages everything very carefully (so much bubble wrap!) So even if UPS does not handle the box properly, the doll should be ok.

9. Oh man, they don't sell the Kyotenshi... ;_;

10. *eyes American friends who could receive and forward a doll to me :|*

11. Um...I never have problems with UPS o_o I guess it just depends on where you live...

12. Perhaps so, but Volks is doing a lot of a people a HUGE favour by allowing us to easily acquire limited release dolls. It probably isn't worth it so much to buy a standard, but having You-SD's as well as Kohya, Enn 2, Yuni, Toppi, and Sweet Dreams Mimi available to buy without having to put up a fight... It's worth it. Not to mention, the prices for those dolls are the lowest you'll find anywhere.

13. Well, I'm going to use the US Volks site to get normal Dollfies, I think. I think the difference in shipping costs there would make it cheaper getting them that way. Also if the Volks USA site starts selling eyes or clothing maybe.

14. Well, yeah, I never said anything about the limiteds or dollfies or random bits. XP

Just that it's not worth it to get a standard. Especially if you live in California and get slapped for $75ish in tax. :lol:

...Though for a limited, I'd REALLY rather be able to have some way of getting it shipped EMS from Japan or at least Priority. :lol: I, again, don't trust UPS at all, even if it COULD be worse. XD

15. *is slapping herself for buying a Sweet Dreams Suzuna the day before the website went up*

16. I believe all UPS packages are insured up to a few thousand in general. Could be wrong though.

17. Ups automatically insures the packages up to a 100$ the rest is extra. I wish they sent me a tracking number for Topppi but nothing yet, I hate the idea of the ups man living her outside if I am not home.

18. I am still a newbie to much of this; especially the MSD line. I was looking at both the Japanese & USA sites so I could see what the MSDs look like. Toppi is much more expensive than the other MSDs. Does she come assembled and with her white dress?
      Thanks!
      Sheri

19. GRARRR - I so very much apologize for not mentioning loudly everywhere that I was going to Volks in Torrance last weekend - I could have picked her up for you!! (I picked one up for someone else, as a matter of fact!)
      Yes, she's assembled, with her wig and pale blue dress and stockings, undies and shoes etc. in the box (though not on her). ^^ (Bought Toppi last weekend, for my daughter's B-day. ^^) Her cost reflects that she's a Limited Edition instead of a Regular. (Regulars also don't come with clothes.)

20. i didn't want to start a new thread for something not so major, so i think it fits here, volks posted the days they are going to be open at the la store for december. every weekend! i was so so so worried they were going to post it and say that they weren't open the weekend i'm going to be there.

i'm happy!

http://www.volks.co.jp/en/event/volksusa/sumika_usa.html