1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting room frustration

Sep 22, 2017

1. I don't buy direct from Dollshe...ever. Their wait times are notorious, and there is no doll I've ever seen that's worth plopping down that kind of money and then twiddling my thumbs for a year or more. The majority of companies are two to six months, so yeah, there are serious production issues that Dollshe needs to address. For me, it's the MP or nothing...and that's rarely a problem, since most (admittedly not all - but most) of their sculpts are available within a couple of months of starting to search.

2. With almost perpetual 30% off and so many wonderful resin colors and beautiful sculpts, I can't resist Dollshe. He gave a 30% coupon to those of us who waited for a year.
      Do you think I'm not going to use that on top of the sales price? Mr. Kim always lures me in....

:kitty1

P.S. for the most part, the year-long wait is for prototype dolls shown as a work-in-progress.

3. My collecting buddy waited over thirteen months for a Saint. But...she said she'd do it all again, because she loves him so much. :sweat With so many doll companies and beautiful sculpts out there, I don't get it...but I do admire it!

4. [QUOTE=" I understand that situations arise and deadlines need to be extended, and I'm patient about the wait times because I'd rather them take the time to produce a high-quality doll instead of rushing through orders and sending out something of lesser quality.[/QUOTE]

I do agree that the wait is worth the while for the best quality from Dollshe.

5. I was incredibly lucky and got my Grant in about two months, back when he was first released. I think the starts must have been in alignment. :lol: I get the impression that Mr. Kim would rather be sculpting and making new things. Maybe he needs more staff for the mundane stuff.

6. Omg. Gonna buy my first doll soon this month finally, and the waiting times seems crazy! I am generally an impatient person especially when buying stuff online. One month shipping is like ugh. But after looking around this site for a while, a lot of doll companies take like 2 to a year and a half to finally get it! Scares me now! qwq

I plan on ordering a spiritdoll snowdrop from off of dolkus

7. SpiritDoll's wait times aren't even in the same league as Dollshe's, thankfully. My Ulmus and Olea both came in at about three months. Order from them directly, though. Dolk is a disaster as a dealer.

ETA: Here's Spirit's own web site....
      Spirit Doll

8. Oh dear, I hope you have seen some of the terrible reviews Dolk US has gotten recently. If not, you should hit up the Ordering and Shipping Questions subforum and Service Review subforum and review the issues folks have been having with Dolk before you make the plunge. Their customer service is frankly abhorrent.

9. Oh dear! Gonna check it out! Thank you for letting me know!

10. Ugh, apparently my latest doll is lost. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday, contacted the delivery company today and got, “can we call you back?”
      “Where’s my parcel, it’s expensive!”
      “Errr... can we call you back?”

Their entire job is to deliver parcels and they can’t do it.:|

11. Man seeing the reasons on why dollshes's backuped, makes me glad I havent order any. I dont think i can pay x amount of money just so it can be delayed for 12+ months cause i might even forget that I had bought one

12. I knew Dollshe wait times were notoriously long, and that ordering Honey resin might make it longer, when I ordered. So far its been 2 years and 3 months. I'm ok with waiting, but this is a bit ridiculous.

13. @Leo Pheonix I've never heard of a 2+ year wait, I'm completely baffled! You are incredibly patient; I hope you are compensated somehow for the immensely long wait. Courage!

14. I’m a little relieved to hear that I’m not the only one waiting for two years, but I’d feel better if I heard that someone else waiting that long actually received their order.
      I’m waiting for Dollshe Aramis in Oriental skin.

15. My oldest Dollshe order is from October 2018.
      I'm also relieved to see that others have been waiting over 2 years, but if it makes it to the 3 year mark i might just have to consider getting a refund. I couldn't resist the sales and made several other purchases... But the wait time is absurd.
      I also havent seen anybody that has received the old original 18m boys.
      I ordered Van, Hound, and Bernard.
      At this point I'm worried I will be so upset when I get the dolls that I won't be interested in them anymore.

I adore my Dollshes. But when I received my Mystic Berman I was disappointed with the quality. He doesn't stand, he doesn't hold poses. He is much thicker than I thought he would be. Overall I just wasn't impressed.
      I like my Rosen, and my David Kuncci much better.

16. How can one get a refund after over two years out?