1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

wanting a BJD thats your body type?

Oct 1, 2016

1. Yeah, to an extent I do this. None of my female characters really have large breasts, they're either small or medium. I'm super short and skinny with not much curve to speak of. I'm really insecure about it and I guess it helps me to see it reflected in dolls, which are pretty much beautiful no matter what. That being said though, I try really hard to have diversity in my characters - different genders, race/ethnicities, and body types. I really want a chubby doll, and whenever I draw up concepts of dolls I'd like to someday sculpt (we'll see if I ever have the courage lol) they're always chubby haha.

2. Yesss me too! That's what drew me to BeYours. I have a 65cm boy from them and he has a soft lookin tummy which I love.

3. I'm an overweight dude that needs to get off his butt instead of being on the computer all the time...

Since all of my dolls are girls and most of them are the cutesy type I think it's safe to say I don't want a doll of my body type xD

4. I think if anything I'm more attracted to dolls that DON'T have my body type? I tend to gravitate toward tall-looking slender girls whereas I'm very much a pudgy pear shape! :) Although, I have to admit, I have a real soft spot for Atelier Momoni's 'Momoni' because she IS pear shaped! It was kind of awesome seeing a doll that did look like me and still look so beautiful?

5. To be honest the minifee moe body resembles mine a lot. Especially in the torso region. Even my non doll friend saw her and without me saying anything said that her body looked like mine (obviously the moe body is in perfect condition and mine needs a little work haha).

6. not really most of the time i look for body sculpt based on the face sculpt of my doll plan.

7. I don't particularly care to just own dolls with a similar body shape to me. In general, I try to have as diverse a range of body shapes as I can with my characters and I tend to look for bodies that can reflect that diversity whenever possible. However, that said, I'm short with somewhat wide shoulders and a pretty lackluster hip area (at least in my eyes) and I don' really feel like I see that too often in girl dolls, so I'd actually be interested in a doll like that, if just to have one in my collection.

8. Personally, knowing how hard it is to find clothes that fit Human!Me well... I wouldn't want to deal with the headache of trying to outfit a Doll!Me. No way. Not even. :lol:

Difficult proportions of my own aside, half the fun of having girl dolls for me is being able to dress them in things that I could never get away with myself. Kestrel's black leather cat-suits, Ophelia's antique frufru, Ming's mori-girl layers and lace, Daisy's Lolita dresses... I'd look absolutely ridiculous in any of that. But they're fabulous. XD

9. I think it would be nice to have a mini me! I don't think I will considering I am quite chubby and curvy. Usually dolls like that don't have face types that interest me.

10. I don`t think it`s weird. Also i think that would be cool but for me I like more skinny dolls or oddly proportioned. I`m just a normal size with kinda big thighs cause i`m athletic.

11. Yes! But I have seen almost no dolls in my body shape, so i just decided to sculpt my own. Which, was the plan since I joined the hobby. Of course, since I want to scuplt a plus size doll she wont have as wide of a range of movement as other dolls, but to me aesthetic matters more than posability. I think its more about me finding that body shape more attractive than wanting a doll to resemble me, though.

12. Weirdly enough my girls are all incredibly close to my body type.

13. I like replying to myself. 2016 would mean I said this in my year off, just out of high school, and I think it shows a little. The Ringdoll isn’t quite apt—it kinda shows more how I saw myself. Now I’d probably say I’m either the Angell studio 58 cm body, because of the rib cage and hipbones (though the chest is wrong), or the argodoll female body, small chest. Both really nice bodies, and I really like them. I’d totally buy either (though now I can’t un-see the comparison!). I’ve gotten a lot better self esteem since my last reply!

one of the bodies I own has some of the features I share with these dolls, but is way thinner, in that sort of art doll aesthetic way (dc y-06) but a lot of the others are different. I (5’3) am no where near what my 80 cm doll would be in human size, and she’s be loads stronger. My collection still takes all kinds, but I think I’ve changed enough that I’d let my own body type be one of those as well.

14. Goodness no. I hate my figure.

15. Most bjds fall into my body type since I am skinny as a stick and flat everywhere. However, I do love getting me some dolls with a little shape that I wish I had.

16. Loved your reply to your past self, I just had to say it! :D

17. Thank you so much!!! I really like being on here for this long and having half a time capsule of old replies!!

18. I like to think that a body shape like mine inspired an artist to sculpt it. Any time I see a female doll, with large hips and a smaller upper body/rib cage, I smile!

19. This has never happened to me. When I was young, I was slim like stick, now, I am old and fat. My dolls are mostly slim although I have non BJDs that are chubby. It’s a mix. At some point in my life, I wanted dolls with body that is perfect, especially girl dolls because I never had a perfect body. I have small busts, so I liked dolls with big busts etc. Opposite from me. Never the same as me. Tastes change. I like girl dolls with tanned skin with freckles, the outdoor sun loving type of character, again my opposite.

20. I have one that is quite much like me back in the age the doll is supposed to represent (16), the Dollshe Diana. She has skinny long legs, relatively slim hips and very wide shoulders. Apart from her bust size she is much like I am. I am skinny but have wider shoulders than my man, and I really didn't need the struggle of finding good-looking clothes for a doll with a challenging body shape when I already have my own struggles, but here I am. My Diana also has really long hair, very much like I had when I was in high school.