1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to take your dolls places, but can't?

Nov 6, 2009

1. I've been lucky to have an enormous park nearby that you have to buy a pass to get into. It has a lot of rugged spaces where a person could be alone with their dolls to take pictures of them.

Still not sure if I'd want to go there in the wintertime. Not sure if I want to see what effects the cold will have on my Bobobie or my vinyl hybrid dolls.

2. Ah, I wish I could take Reika with me EVERYWHERE! But then I'm really scared something would happen to her or that people would tug at her joints! *paranoid..?* my mom also doesn't want me to be taking my expensive doll to places...awwh.

3. I'm still too chicken and too n00b to take her anywhere alone.

I'm fine if I've got a friend or two with me to help or watch out for her (it's what we did for the Bird Park trip), but if it's just me and Jade, I'd be really nervous about taking her out - not so much because I'm shy (I've cosplayed before, that pretty much cures any shyness you might have XD), but more because it's just a bit of a hassle to juggle her, her dollbag, my 'handbag' and what not.

The only time she comes out with me alone is if I'm going to one of the two doll shops in town to get her some clothes, shoes or wigs and I need her there to see what's going to fit/look good on her... and even then she stays in her carrier till we reach the shop.

I don't think I'd care to bring her out when I'm running general errands or such... to the movies? well, again, if I had a friend with me to help watch her, then maybe...

However, I do plan to take her to some of the tourist attractions (yay for living in a tiny country) with friends.... and out to the city for some Christmas photos with the Orchard Road light-up.

I'd rule out taking her to the beach though... Dont think I fancy cleaning sand out of her joints, and I'd rather not find out what sea water could do to the metal S-hooks and resin... actually, that goes for any body of water...

4. I don't think there is a place I would my future doll, with condition willing. Rain would stop me but I'd take them another day. I have no concern for what others think of me so being embarrassed would never be an issue.

5. I don't like taking my doll anywhere . . . too afraid of other people being rude and messing with him. :/

6. I don't really take them out, but not out of a fear of damage! I paid so much for these guys, and they mean enough to me, that I want to enjoy them to the fullest. But 90% of the time, it's just a bother to take them with me unless it's somewhere full of super photo ops, or a trip over a couple of days.

7. I wish I could take my Słasica (Soom Amber) to Bieszczady. I plan to go there for two years now and still can't find the time :)
      It is really depressing since there are such wild forests in Bieszczady and this little fawn would have it's freedom and make beautifull photosessions.

8. Yeah, I wanted to bring them to my cousin's house to show them off... but there was a SLIIIIIIIGHT problem.
      I live in Pennsylvania, they live in Ohio. 6 hour drive. They have a new puppy, and a very lazy cat that likes to lay on everything! Aaaaaand my Grandma's car is really small, there's 4 people in the car and my aunt has... umm... mental problems and if I say "Don't touch that, please!" she'll respond, "Don't talk to me like that! I'm your AUNT!" (She uses that line to get what she wants... and she's spoiled ROTTEN, what she wants is what she gets.) Did I mention that she's rough with things? I still have scars from when she tried to 'tickle' me. *Shivers*
      But, yeah, I wouldn't dream of it.

9. I want to take my dollies to work but if I did they would either be mistreated by the immature miscreants or be covered in food cause I work in the food business. Still, sometimes I want to bring one of them to sit on the back desk so that anytime I'm feeling glum I can run back and get a glimpse of their pretty face and remember that I'm working such a job so that I can get them more things to make them happy! xD

10. I've been wanting to take my doll to my boyfriends house. But his family would think I'm weird and/or immature (they're real uptight). It sucks cuz I think his little sister would be interested in BJDs, but I can't share with her about them.

I also like bringing my doll to my different relatives houses. They all think I'm weird, but I've been the black sheep since I hit puberty. What bugs me is when they tease me about having a BJD. It's really kind of hurtful. So I stopped bringing him to their houses.

The only publicity my BJD gets is the occasional trip to the bookstore with a friend that is also an owner. Those trips are few and far between, and usually include a lot of funny looks from people.

So while I'd love to take him places, all of this just really discourages me from doing so.

11. I myself am a guy, and it's both frustrating and awkward when I want to take Reina places. I want to bring her with me because I don't like her out of my sight as she's special to me. But at the same time there is always that fear... Depending upon the weather, where I am going, who I am going with, etc... I will use these factors to determine if bringing Reina is a good idea or if the damage risk is too high. Some places seem like a great idea at first, but then, out of paranoid fear, I starting listing all the bad things that could happen. Such things as worrying about someone trying to take her if I took my eyes off her or people trying to make a scene because I'm carrying a doll around...

One of my biggest concerns is that due to my car getting totaled some time back and I'm currently trying to save up for a new one, I'm riding my bike everywhere. I want to bring her with me to my g/f's place and show her mom and possibly just have Reina with us to hang out, but there is this spot where people tend to run into trouble, and I myself have had at least one run in since I am now forced to travel through it just to see her, that just makes me think twice about bringing her... I would feel terrible if she were to get damaged...

12. I'm in the same boat there. >o< I don't really like explaining things, so I don't mind taking them out with other doll owners who can do the explaining, but tend to shy away from it myself. xDD I should take my puki out more often though since he's really portable. :o

13. There are very few places I wouldn't take my boy. I think the beach if my biggest no-no, which I have to drive out of state for anyway. For now, I only have one so it's not difficult to take him, he's small enough to, a mini. However, I rarely put him down, and when I do I'll pick him right up again if someone goes too close to him.

Yesterday however I brought my doll with me to like a teen lounge-type of thing. One of the girls there touched his face, started rubbing the corner of his eye despite my 'Don't touch his face, don't touch his face' warning. And then she got annoyed with me for being upset that she purposely ignored me. Not to mention, she then proceeded to touch my friend's doll's eyebrow. The nerve of some people. -_-;

It makes me reconsider bringing him along for sure sometimes, but for now I don't think I will unless it's raining or really hot out ^^; However as for people, I don't think I'm going to let anybody touch him at all now D=

14. The only time I've taken them "out" was at a doll convention. Even then I was worried about them. I don't want to damage them.

I'm also paranoid about other's peoples reactions too. Which I shouldn't care about but I still do =P. I had to build a website for a class. I did it over dollfies. People were freaked out about the dolls and their "soul-less eyes". Yea, some of my peers in that class couldn't handle it :)

15. I don't have my girl yet, but I know that I will be a-ok with taking her to meetups, conventions and photosessions.

I carry my roommate's doll around when we go to the art supply store to buy her dollie stuff :D

But.... other than that, I don't know. I'm really nervous too about bringing her home because my parents really didn't want me to get one AND they just bought me a new DSLR camera that I promised to pay half for. Bad timing because Cey is going to arrive in about two weeks and they're gonna flip,

Maybe I can hide her until we leave the apartment in May. hmm.

Anyways, I carried my roommate's doll into the grocery store last week because it was really sunny outside and we left the bag for her at home. It was both really neat and really awkward because I was like , "Hi, I'm 20, I look like I'm 15, and I'm carrying a doll that's 1/3 of my size around on my arm."

Yeah.

16. I'd love to be able to take my dolls everywhere. Usually I stick to cosplay conventions and doll meets.

17. I only recently got my first doll, and so far there's no place I won't take him. He's been with me to a few stores and today is his second day at school with me. I'm a Senior, as well as having carried my own handmade dolls and stuffed animals around. The joint idea of Seniority respect from the underclassmen and that people are used to me being weird and carrying around toys, they sorta don't really care that I have a large doll in my arms. (though Nika's only an MSD)

The kids usualy heed my warning about not touching his face/he's expensive/he can break easy and so far almost every class period I've been asked to take out his eyes. XD But today a girl grabbed him by the HEAD with her fingers on his FACE, and the girl who was holding him at the time reacted like I would have, and pulled Nika away from the Grabby Girl and handed him back to me right away. Because of that, the black paint around Nika's eyes is now chipped. T_T

So I don't see myself taking Nika to school again anytime soon, or at least not taking him back to the class with that girl.

18. I would love to take one of my darlings to my work. But I am so paranoid because i am a checker at Wallgreens and just anyone can walk behind the counter and grab anything. Plus my co-workers will try to grab em. So I think for now they will just stay at home :3

19. Sadly, I can't really take my dolls almost anywhere =_=;; Even when I go to A-Kon (an anime con near me) I only take them out and around on the day of the panel (even then I keep them in the protective carrier until I get into the room).
      The reason I think they're so unsafe though is because I like to move a lot and I'm so scared of dropping them or accidently bumping them into stuff.. only a part of my fear is other people running up and messing them up. When I start working after I graduate, I'll probably bring them to work sometimes >.> I'm sure I'll be in some type of cubical anyway.

20. I'm terrified of taking them anywhere outside. Inside I feel fine. I take either Pippin or Whisper to school almost every day. But concrete sends shivers down my spine when I think about carrying resin across it *shudder*.