1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to take your dolls places, but can't?

Nov 6, 2009

1. I so far haven't actually run into a place where I -can't- take my dolls.. I take them to work, they're quite a spectral for customers and co-workers - Otherwise, I've brought them to school and to various other things. I did have a girl tell me "people might think you're "special" if you carry dolls around" ... I just grinned n_n

2. I usually take my dolls out a lot, and I don't really think any of the places were dangerous if I was sure that I could take care of them right.
      Well I usually keep them in the bag if there are any danger :)

3. The place I would love to take photo's with my boys but am to scared to take them is the beach. I would love to photograph them on a stormy day with the ocean behind them. With sand, sun and water though I think this will never happen.

4. I have taken my dolls many places and I would love to take them more places....however...the only thing I cant do right now is take more than one..possibly two.

Since I have no car in Japan and I use public transport...its very difficult to carry them around. I don't have a carrying case, though I think it will be easier once I get one, so I plan to do that after payday! My biggest issue is that I fear that they will get broken in transport because people in Tokyo are not careful at all about not bumping into your bags and whatnot.

So for me transportation and them being so heavy to lug around downtown is why I cant...

I can be a little embarrassed about taking them out in public places at times if I think the place isn't appropriate, but I have taken them to Namja Town in Ikebukuro and to Bob Evans back in the states.

5. I can't take my dolls to work with me... They'd be the perfect companion to have by my side as I keep doing repetitive tasks, but there are so many potential hazards for BJDs there that I will never dare risk it.

6. My answer would be: All the time.
      I would love to take my dolls places, take them with me on family trips or holidays. Sometimes I do. But most of the time I just can't take them with me. And it makes me sad to be parting with my dolls. I'm already deciding who to take with me on my Christmas holiday and how I am going to manage it so they will survive the trip. >_<' (train rides, little kids, sigarettes, cats etc )

7. I'd love to carry a doll around with me all the time but I'm way too scared something could happen and destroy my doll. I'm not embarrassed to show them but they are too expensice to get broken...

8. I have taken my boy out shopping with me a few times, I would rather have him safe in my hands then left in the car, even if chances of him being stolen out of a car are slim. He will probably hang out at home till winter is over, unless I take him outside to get pictures in the snow (if we ever get any) I have no issue taking him out, peoples stares don't bother me. I was in theater and my boyfriend does parkour so getting stared at is nothing new.

9. I could take my dolls back home fine, my grandma thinks they're cute. And the rest of my family, I've disowned anyway, so I give to clucks about them. But I don't think I'll be taking mine out often simply because, there's not many places TO take them where I live, save for parks, and it's brutally hot, sunny, and windy where I live.

10. I've never really been afraid of taking my doll out because I was afraid of damaging her as so much I've been afraid to take her out because I am a very self-conscious person. I know that most people either ignore you or are friendly and curious about bjds (at least according to stories that I've read and heard), but it's the small percentage of people out there who are less-than-kind that keep me from taking my doll out in public. It's silly, I know, but that's what keeps her inside most of the time.

11. I'm in the "Not too many places to go to" camp.

I would likely take them out more---I used to---but they tend to get heavy after a while. I'm more comfortable with taking my MSD or YOSD as they are lighter and can be stowed away much easier. I really need to make a better bag to carry them.