1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl? - Part 2

Dec 28, 2018

1. All my arrived and ordered dolls are boys. I have a couple cool female bjd in my wishlist, but they are completely overshadowed by all the boys I want as soon as possible, and I can't help it.

2. My first is a boy, and the rest of my future dolls will be boys ^^

3. My first was a girl, my second was a girl but I'm hoping to get a boy next, unless I get sidetracked by a pretty limited edition sculpt that takes all my money and I have to start saving up all over again.

4. My first doll is a boy, second doll’ll probably be a boy, probably most of my dolls will be boys but I hope to get a female Kid Delf someday.

5. My first doll was a female and I have had mostly female dolls since then. Honestly I think a lot of that comes down to the fact that I’m so much pickier about my male dolls than my female dolls. I appreciate more styles and types and sizes of female dolls but I only really like a few styles and types of male dolls. When I do find a male doll that I like I almost like it more then my female dolls, almost. I tend to bond really strongly with my male dolls and tend to have more fleshed out characters as well which leads to me customizing my male dolls more. I really love my female dolls I just like to make them pretty and change there clothes, wigs, and poses but I do not tend to customize them as much as in general.

6. My first doll was a girl. A souldoll Yeon bee

7. my VERY first was a Girl Vinyl doll, though first resin was a boy.... (resin came after Vinyl)

8. My first was a boy, a Luts KDF Bory.

9. The first doll I ordered was female, however, the first doll I received was male.

10. At first I really wanted to have a female bjd. I even started a layaway for a Charmdoll ViBia, but unfortunately was not able to finish it. After a few months, I got myself a secondhand hybrid, which is a male bjd. After that I got another male one, and another male one is soon to arrive TvT. At this point Im not sure If Ill be able to add another bjd, more so a female bjd in my crew.

11. my first doll was a boy, I used to only get male bjds, after about 3 years in this hobby I finally got my first girl

12. My first was a boy! I love girl dolls, but I think my preference will always mostly be going out to boys ;u;

13. My first doll was a girl - a Resinsoul Ju that I brought from a seller at a local con. I have a pretty even mix of girls and boys in my collection though.

14. My first doll was (is) a boy, a DZ Megi. Since I was a little girl, I always preferred playing with male dolls and toys. I think it was because all the cartoons and books I liked had male leads, and the female characters never got to do anything cool? I was about 19 when I got my first BJD, but getting a boy still felt right. Years later, I've been thinking about switching up his gender lately. He could easily be a girl with just a wig change.

15. I order a girl first but she's still on order.
      I have a boy with me now whose a second hand I bought 3 days after order my girl.:lol:

I think I will balance my crew in the future and tend to have both boys and girls.

16. My first doll is a boy, and only boys since then... But sometime, these has girls temporarily visit my house as guests...

17. My two first dolls are both girls, Iplehouse Carina and Eva. I haven't yet found the perfect boy, but I'd be happy to get one some day.

18. My first doll was a girl, but I'm starting to really want a little YoSD brother for her. And then a little sister. Maybe I'll end up alternating 50/50!

19. To be perfectly honest, the first dolls I wanted were all boys, but the first I got was a girl.
      A centaur girl. (45cm, Resinsoul Twilight)
      And my second is an elf boy. (45cm, Doll Family A - Julian )
      And I bought them within weeks of eachother and they might just arrive at similar times.

So I guess the answer is an unhelpful 'yes'.

#119 Mutation, Feb 7, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    20. Girl! My 4 BJDs are all girls!