1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. Wow that's a lot of dolls how long have you been in the hobby?

I have all boy things: my anime figures, stuffed animals, and random things n my house I give a gender to.....don't know why

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

2. I am into yaoi that might explain things.....

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

3. My first doll is a girl.

4. Girl :aheartbea No boys yet! Maybe one day!

5. My first doll was a boy but he is the only one. Soon I will have 5 girls and 1 boy, so he is quite lucky here~

6. My first was a boy~ ^^
      For a couple years I had only boys. It was difficult for me to find girls I liked enough to own. Even though I finally found the girls I liked, my favorite dolls to shop for are still the boys. XD; Boys 10 Girls: 8

7. My first doll was a girl and my current collection is mostly girls as well. ^^ I had many boys in the intervening years, but except for 2 (and they're the same character in MSD and SD forms) they all ended up sold.

8. My first 3 dolls were boys, haha!

I definitely prefer boy dolls. Even as a child, my toys were generally male rather than female. I'm not sure why! 14/26 human dolls are boys in my current collection, and 5/6 anthro dolls are male. I am also waiting on the arrival of another boy doll, and I have one more on layaway.

9. Boy. Out of the 93 I own 68 are males, and 25 are females. 37 males are SD sized, 23 males are tinies, and 8 males are MSD sized. In the females I have 8 SD sized, 11 tinies, and 6 MSD sized.

10. I like both, but I've only ever owned girls so far.

11. The first doll I ordered was a boy, and the first doll that arrived to me was a girl. I have mostly boys though, they are my preference :)

12. my first doll was a boy and even though i have more girl dolls boy dolls are still my favorite

13. My first doll is a girl. I think it's because there is more clothing options for a girl than a boy and so I love dressing her up. But I do have a boy doll on the way and my plans have more boys than girls in it.

14. Definitely girl. I don't know if I'll ever have a boy doll lol.

15. my first doll was a boy. Nanuri 07 event. I love him still so much.

16. The very first doll I bought was a Mystic Kids Lillian...she was so cute and perfect and I just loved her so much.

17. My first doll was female, but my second was male, and I alternated back and forth for a while. At the moment, though, I do have more female dolls than male dolls - I seem to find it easier to create female characters, which makes it easier to justify buying female dolls. Also, I'm a bit fussier about what my boys look like. I'm not a fan of super feminine guys, but I'm alsonot a fan of super masculine guys. There's a sweet spot I have to hit to want a male doll, and it's rare to find it in this hobby.

18. My first doll was a boy, like a few others here I also thought I'd only ever have one, well one turned into two, then a surprise 3rd when a friend gave me a problem doll they just could not deal with, I got her straightened out. I'm up to 12 now... le sigh... but I love them all!! <3

19. My first was a boy and all that followed are boys. I now have 15 and I don't want any girls. Some of my boys are pretty/feminine looking and others are not. I don't feel at all limited for clothing though as some wear everyday cloths, some wear fantasy outfits, some are rockstars and dress as such and some crossdress:)

20. A boy crossdressed as a girl for me! Pretty cliché, right? :)