1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. My first doll was a girl, but she was a gift and I didn't actually choose her (I would have though, I absolutely love her). The first doll I actually bought was a boy though. I've got an even amount of both boys and girls now though.

2. So far, all six of my dolls are girls. I usually think they're more fun for me to dress, but the next two dolls on my wishlist are boys, and I've been surprised by how much fun I've had looking for their potential outfits and accessories.

3. my first Doll is a boy. :)

4. My first doll was a KDF Darae, so girl. And then I sold her, and rejoined the BJD hobby and I got a Lati Sissi also a girl. Hahaha.

5. A boy, but he could easily pass as a girl! When it comes to doll preferences, though, I am not biased towards any gender or type. Variety keeps boredom at bay for me.

6. My first doll was a girl. I sold her to get another girl :-D

7. Definitely a Girl

8. My first doll was a girl, too ^^ A KDF Ani~

9. My first doll was a girl, now I own four girls and two boys.

10. I love femmy boys, but I'm also interested in getting a girl. My first bjd was a boy though. : )

11. My first doll was both a girl and a boy. He was originally a girl but now he is a boy. I have mostly boy dolls but I like both.

12. My first doll is a girl. Dollzone Hal msd comes in both genders but I had to get a girl first because my dad and I didn't feel comfortable with a boy for my first.

13. My first doll was a boy. Most of my dolls are boys but I really would like an MSD girl. Or maybe an SD.

14. My first doll was a girl. Even when I was shelling them with little 27cm obitsus, I have always made my dolls to fit existing characters, and I knew that I would love to had a doll of this particular character, Alena, who of course is a lady :)

My next doll will be a boy.

15. My first doll was a girl, I just find that I connect better with them.

16. My first doll was a girl. I just find it easier to sew dresses and cutesy girly things.

17. Mine was a girl as well. ^^
      I didn't decide on a gender for my first doll. It just so happened that the first doll I really liked and wanted to start with was a girl. ^^

18. Same here. I still prefer the boy dolls, but only have the one girl.

19. My first doll is a girl, a socheon of dollmore, as soon as I see her, I fall in love !

20. My first will be a girl but my second will defiantly be a boy :love