1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. My first doll was a girl.But have added a few boys since then.

2. My first doll is on his way and it's a boy! I seem to have a soft spot for boy dolls but will definitely get a girl in the future!

3. My first was a girl, because I figured it'd be easier to find clothes and the line I was looking at-- Dollmore's 16" (I didn't want to start off nuts with the price and size)-- only has girls.

4. I prefer male dolls and it's very rare for me to like a female. I do, however, like some female scuplts by Dollzone and Soul Doll.

5. My first doll I`ve been planning on getting is a boy, though he is somewhat feminine.

6. This is kind of complicated, actually. You see, the first head I ordered was for my boy, but the first to arrive was for my girl, but the body I am finally getting is for my boy.

7. My first doll is a girl, but I didn't plan the gender beforehand. I just went with the one I liked the most. : 3 My next one is going to be a boy, but I didn't choose him based on his gender either, I just like him. =w=

8. I have never owned a boy doll. But am tempted by some of the handsome bjd boys out there. Someday.....

9. A girl! But a monster girl. :)

10. I prefer males as well, not really sure why.

11. My first doll was a gift from a couple of friends of mine. It was a graduation present in 2006. Oh wow, it's been that long! lol
      His name is Clive. He is a Mini-Fee Shiwoo. He is a boy but he is a drag queen so he dresses in girls clothes all the time!
      Come to think of it, I have never dressed him in boys clothes before.

12. A boy. My first, and only at this point is a gift from a friend too. So far I don't really have my eyes on any girls but it may happen at some point

13. A male, but just the head lol. Sadly I won't be keeping him, but he's technically my first.

14. My first doll is a boy Resinsoul song. Love dolls boys, but now my collection has appeared on a few girls. Sometimes you want to Narodichi someone in the dress thingies. Although my boys also gets and dresses and thingies.

15. My first doll is a girl Doll love alice. Since then my collection is only girls, im still looking for the right boy to add to my collection.

16. My first doll was a girl. It was actually a dollfie Kagamine Rin, but I mostly don't really count her and say my first bjd was my Ringdoll Rebecca, I called her Mikan. This is because I bought Rin mainly because I'm a figure collector and I love the Kagamines, so I saw her more as a figure than as a doll.. But she did get me into the bjd hobby so that's good. I am planning to sell her now and use the money to get something new. I also have a tiny boy, and a larger elf boy is on his way. Whether I prefer boys or girls is a hard question.. I will have two boys and one girl in a bit. I prefer the boy sculpts in general, but I prefer girl clothing. But I'm not going to put a dress on a boy unless I specifically want to give him that character, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon. (Nothing against it, I just prefer putting dresses on girls.) I also feel like it's harder to get clothes for boys, as I'm a fan of special, fantasy like clothes rather than jeans and stuff I can just wear in daily life. So yeah xD

17. I don't have her yet, but my first will be a girl! Girls are just so cute, and I tend to be less picky about their sculpts.

18. My first doll was actually a boy (though very femme)! And in fact... my second doll was a boy. And my third, lol. My fourth was a little Island Doll Anan, though advertised as a girl, they felt very genderless to me.
      But I really do dream of having a girl that I can dress in more of my style clothes and paint artistically to follow the aesthetic, rather than to look like a character. I think it'd be so lovely. <3 Maybe one day!

19. My first doll will be a boy, a M from IoS, because his face and his sculpt are perfect for incarante the character I have in mind. But the next will be a girl, for exactly the same reasons (^_^)

20. My first doll is a girl and I can't imagine to turn it in a boy.
      I love dolls boys and looks pictures but I have some difficults to find a boy I wanted to buy.