1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. My first doll was a boy, because I found them way cooler back then. I also wasn't really used to male dolls (like how you have much more barbies then ken dolls). I got a female doll about a year later, and honestly I need to say I came to prefer girl dolls much more ^-^ I still have about almost as much male as female dolls tho and I don't dress my male dolls in dresses or girl clothes (except for 'magical' robes or so, its all real manly). It's just that female dolls can be dressed superduper girly! Which I absolutely adore and can't bring myself doing that to a boy.

2. The first doll I ordered was a boy, but the first ones that arrived were a boy and girl pair.

3. My first doll was a girl. A Dollzone Yage. I believe I like the girls more than boys, though I do have two boys here.

4. My first 2 were SD boys, because I couldn't find a girl sculpt I liked enough...
      Now, I'm all about girls and only have 1 boy staying in my dolly family.
      The clothing choices (and shoes...and wigs!) are just so much moooooore for girls.

5. My first was a boy, but I'm finding that I don't have a preference between boys or girls. So long as they fit my ideas that I have for them... I find myself favoring the dolls that are more androgynous in their features...

6. My first doll was male, like all others I have thus far. I have not found a female body that I like yet.
      But I have a lot of clothes, and my boys first outfit was a skirt in punk Lolita style^^

7. My first doll is a boy, I tend to prefer male dolls over female ones but that's just due to my own preferences and don't like nudity on the female dolls ><

But there are a few mini dolls that are so cute that are girls. so...

8. My first (and presently only) doll is a boy.

I've always wanted a boy doll. And the opportunity came around when one of the doll houses I have been following was having a sale on their in-stock dolls. And they were all male. I guess things turned out very well for me. My second one is going to be a girl, however. I like the idea of having one of each gender to start with.

9. My first doll was a boy. And even now I have only one girl in my collection.

10. My first doll was a boy. I seem to prefer male dolls over female dolls.

11. A boy...who is currently dressed in drag, haha. Best of both worlds? :sneaky

12. I got two tinies at once for my first dolls. One was a boy, the other a girl. I very much prefer boys to girls, though I have actually somehow managed to keep my numbers even between the two genders without any of them being couples. Ha ha!

13. my first was a girl and girls still outnumber the boys cause in real life the opposite is true in our house and i need to even out the numbers! :lol: actually girls are just more fun to dress and since i only had boys in real life my dolls give me a chance to dress up girls. but the boys are fun too 'cause i love their characters.

14. My first doll was a girl. I only recently got my first boy. Now I have to get a boy wardrobe going :)

15. my first was a msd boy :3

16. My first doll was a boy. Eventually, I got a girl doll but sadly she never really grew on me as much as my boy dolls.

17. Girl! I find female bodies aesthetically prettier than male bodies and I like to design clothes for them.

18. My first doll is sold as a boy but I had doll leaves do a gender swap so that I could have a girl Maya.

19. My firs doll was a girl, actually all my dolls are girls. I think boys are cute, but I'm still not sure they are for me.

20. Boy. At the moment, I only have boys but I do plan on getting a girl some day.