1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. My first doll was a girl, my second was a boy. I since then sold my girl and have even more boys!

2. My first doll was a girl (Dollfie Dream), but I then realized that I prefer boy dolls, and that I'm not into Dollfie Dreams so I sold her. I currently have 13 boys and only 2 girls!

3. Even though the first BJDs I came across were girl dolls from Volks I never felt the urge to get any. I went for close to 8 years in the hobby before I got the first girl doll home, but she only came home because I'm a huge fan of Merida and wanted to have her in resin. Today they're 3 and I haven't got any plans to bring more home, mainly because the kind of clothing and shoes I want you can't get for girl dolls, not when it's all mainly pastels, dresses, and high heels.

4. Mine are all girls, dunno why. I havent found a male sculpt i really like yet ;_;

5. My first is a boy, but I'll admit I'm very picky about the body sculpts. I do tend to find more girl bodies that I enjoy rather than the boy bodies.

6. My first doll was a girl and have only added ladies to my doll family! I thought about getting a boy when Fairyland released Altis, but I find more enjoyment dressing up ladies since they can wear pants and dresses, haha!

7. Mine are all girls, just personal choice but haven’t seen a boy that appeals to me yet.

8. My first doll was a girl and I don’t think I plan on getting any boys (I’m considering adding maybe one to my list ) mostly because I only have girl ocs lol

9. My first two dolls are girls, but I am planning on getting a boy eventually. I feel like I tend to like girls over guys for some reason.

10. My plan was having a boy. But since I had done more research, I found there were a lot of girls that I like. I’m struggling between having boy or girl now:(.

11. a little alien-boy

12. I love boys the most! I will probably only own a bunch of big SD boys ^^

13. I plan to get only boy dolls. To be honest, I’m a little shocked that so many people say they prefer girl dolls because boys are limited in clothing. I completely disagree! There are infinite ways to dress either gender, even without “cross dressing.”

14. The first BJD I bought is a girl (say 'is' because she is still with me). I have girls and boys in my collection now though.

15. My first was a boy, although the sculpt I bought had more of a petit face. The reason is that I had a ton of girl dolls growing up and I really wanted to expand my collection by getting boy doll. Although I prefer girl dolls now. I just never bought a girl BJD :mwahaha

16. A girl. I actually don't presently have any plans for male-bodied dolls, though I do like some "masculine" facial sculpts (honestly, I feel like that's a bit of a fib, since the styles of sculpts I tend to like could easily go in either direction on the gender spectrum).

17. My first doll was a girl, feeple 60 cygne/ angelphilia hinako (but my cygne got here first was ordered second however) . My venitu is my first boy doll.

18. My first doll was my girl Sonora! She's an Abio Angel "Shi" and my friends found her for me, and covered half the price. I'm pretty fond of her, (though I am thinking of re-shelling her as a different character). So far, she's my only girl. My other 2 dolls are boys.

19. My first doll was a boy and the very next was a girl, and I've more or less been buying them in the order: boy, girl, boy, girl. Long term I plan to have a pretty even number of each. Since I've been styling everyone in very high fantasy looks I've not really been taking their gender into consideration with their clothes at all :kitty1 It's fantasy, I get to do whatever I want!!

20. My first BJD was a boy, It was a FantasyDoll Mathan Elf ! But sadly I prefer SD/70cm male bjd so i've finally sold him.. :')