1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a boy or girl?

Jun 17, 2014

1. My first doll is a boy, but I think that my second one will be female. I’ve really been feeling that I’d have more fun with a female doll because the range of clothes I could make would have more options.

2. A boy, I really enjoy having male dolls :)

3. My first and second were girls, I've just gotten a boy (and my husband has got me a boy as a birthday present) and I find myself looking more at boys then girls at the moment. The variety of clothes for girls is awesome so I will probably have pretty even numbers and alternate between getting a boy and getting a girl (unless I see something I NEED then forget the evenness lol).

4. I thought I would get a girl to be my first BJD, and the first one I knew I wanted for sure was a girl. But I kept looking at the BOYS! So a boy came home first. I bought four boys before my first girl came home. I find it easier to find boys I like rather than girls. I am SO picky about choosing the girls, they have to have a certain "look".

The ratio has stayed pretty much the same, about 3 to 1. I have 7 girls and 22 boys (not including the Dollfie Dreams, where the girls naturally outnumber the boys 3 to 2 at the moment).

Linda S.
      galatia9

5. My only doll is a boy, which is what I have always wanted. I will say my next will probably be a girl, but I think I would prefer to have mostly boys on the whole

6. My first two dolls came at once. One sexless, one female. So I suppose female and sexless? hahaha

7. My first and only doll is a girl.
      And I don't know whether I want boy or not.

8. My first doll was a girl. KDF Coco. I still have her. I have owned one boy doll,but he and I didnt really click.

9. My first few dolls were girls, though now I have 5 bjds, and 2 are boys. I dress them up in dresses and skirts a lot, though.

10. My first doll was a boy (as was my second, third and fourth dolls as well xD; ) I've wanted a male doll ever since I found out about the hobby a good ten years and some change ago... and still, to this day most of my dolls are boys although there's been an influx in girls recently >3<;

11. My first was a boy, and at first I only wanted boys, but now I've changed my mind and I want so many girls!

12. My first doll was a girl because I think the girl version looked cuter, and I'm better at making clothes for girl dolls :)

13. My first doll was a boy. All of my dolls are boys. :sweat I'll get a girl some day, I swear!

14. My first was a boy, and I think overall more boys tend to appeal to me... my collection, however, is a fairly even split between boys and girls, with maybe just a slight bias toward boys at this point.

15. My first doll was a girl because I wanted to buy her lovely clothes and cute accessories. :sweat She is also main character in my story and it felt reasonable bought her first. My second doll is a boy and my third doll will be also boy so I don't know if I'm planning to buy more girl dolls.

16. My first doll was a girl, but I think I would eventually like an even mix between the genders. Although I definitely agree that female dolls are way more fun to dress up! :)

17. My first doll was a boy - but I have mostly girls. I would like more boys - but they are usually more expensive I guess because of their size? I tend to like the muscular or very tall type boy dolls.

18. my first doll was a girl.. shes super cute and sweet. i like the girl dolls more them male.. i guess i just like being able to dress them up really cute! my second doll is also female. shes a character i have had forever. so she needed to be female.
      i just ordered a Thyme horse and im not sure on gender yet. im still waiting on it to get here.. i guess once its here i will pick a name and gender.

id like to do twins someday.. one male and one female. im not sure if it will happen.. but i would like to do it..
      i also have a few male dolls in mind to make mates for some of the females i have or have yet to order.. i have like 4 dolls lined up im saving for!!. the next one will be paid for in like less than a week.. im so exited!!

19. My first doll is a girl, and the second will be a boy. I love couple!

20. My first BJD was a Dollzone boy 1/4 Fei.