1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Washing your hands before handling your dolls....

Sep 30, 2010

1. Yes I wash my hands ;) However sometimes I don't if they were recently washed and I know they are clean.

2. I'd feel more comfortable handling my dolls after I wash my hands because even if my hands are clean to do other things, it may be dirty enough to leave oily fingerprints or marks on it, and I'd like to keep my dolls clean as long as possible before needing to clean with the magic eraser.

3. maybe not washing them ebery time but i check they are clean before touching them, including not have painted the nails.. it´s dangerous

4. I am very careful around my dolls and make sure that my hands are clean--like no marker marks etc. , but I am not compulsive about it. So I DO Check them. :)

5. I don't wash my hands specifically to pick up the doll, but if I notice they're dirty I'll wash them before I pick them up. If they're clean I don't bother. I mean, I'm not going to pick her up with food or something on my hands.

6. I wash my hands before picking up my dolls (9/10 times) and always wash after too. Before so that the dolls stay clean and after on the off chance of resin dust/paint dust (from rubbed body blushing), etc. getting on my hands.

I don't know how it is with everyone's dolls but my Soom's seem to be very resin dusty whenever I pose them there is a lot of dust inside, is that normal for other companies dolls?

7. I wash my hands most times before I handle my doll, but my soap smells reeeeally good so I don't mind. :)

8. Sometimes I get that a little with new dolls, but I don't particularly remember anything I would consider "very dusty" (I've never owned a Soom, though).

To be honest, I didn't have a hand-washing problem until I started this hobby. Meaning, I used to wash them within reason - like before/after I eat, if they feel dirty, etc. But when I first got my dolls, I washed my hands a lot - and it became a thing where I washed my hands immediately upon entering the house, so none of the "outside" gets on my dolls. And I washed before touching them, which was pretty often. So overall, I started washing my hands several times more than normal. And that dried out my hands (along with working in a book repair workshop during that time) but I never used lotion, because I didn't want any of that getting on my dolls.

I've since loosened up, since my dolls have become more for display and less for play. But I've continued to be hung up about "bringing the outside dirt inside", and so washing when I return home has become something stronger than habit but less than a compulsion. And recently it turned into this thing where I have to wash upon entering school...which is maybe a logical thing. Public transportation is dirty business.

9. I wash my hands before playing with Otavi, but I'm always picky about keeping my hands clean. I'm also just wary of anything that might be on my fingers after using the dorm kitchen (it has those obnoxious garbage cans you need to push the flap to open, and they're stiff, so you need to actually put your hand on it to open it).

10. I think it's a good idea to do it, but I don't do it all the time. I'm an artist so my hands are dirty with paints and products a lot... also oils if I've been working. Over time it'll affect the doll.

11. yeah i wash my hand before i touch my doll

12. I always wash my hands before touching any of my dolls.

13. Yes, I wash my hands before touching my dolls. I regularly wash my hands anyway with keeping pets so I think nothing of it.

14. Yes, of course I do. When we were doing some workday things over the weekend, I wore cotton inspection gloves before handling any of them. I'd painted my fingernails the day before and didn't want to leave any streaks on dolls, mine or otherwise.

15. No, I don't, but I don't wash my hands unless I really have to. And they've never got stains from my hands, so I don't have a reason to have my hands 'perfectly clean' either.

16. I wash them only when they're dirty such as I just came home, I just ate, there's paint all over my hand, etc. But other than that, I don't wash them before I touch my dolls. I generally clean my dolls once every month, so its not an issue for me.

17. I don't wash my hand before touching my dolls, excepted if they are dirty, like after eating or with glu/ somethings that can be "dangerous" for my dolls. But I do that for the dolls of other people.

18. If I know I have something on my hands, I'll wash my hands. Otherwise, I don't.

19. I wash my hands, and sometimes wear white cotton gloves if I'll be dressing/undressing a lot for photos (anything that requires a lot of handling)... although, before I end up on the OCD list, it's because I work with dyes and paints regularly. So anytime I've been working with those materials, I play it safe with my BJDs. I'd kick my own butt SO HARD if I got any of the dyes on my dolls.

20. I just make sure my hands are clean, like a lot of people say. If they're not, and they feel gross, [which I find I feel my hands are gross a lot, as I'm constantly washing them in fear of getting sick XD] I'll wash them before touching my dolls ^.^