1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ways of getting your boyfriend into BJDs?

Mar 19, 2006

1. Say that it's better than playing with his PSP <____<"

2. Don't! Get a new boyfriend, one that's already into ABJDs or is receptive to the idea. Hahaha. ;)

3. :lol: That is just too funny!!!! I hope you made a copy of all the pictues somewhere. I'd stash them away in a hidden folder or burn them on a disc and hide them in a CD case he would never think of listening to. That way you would always have them in case he starts to suspect you know something and delets them.

As for my husband, I wanted a doll and it was going to come out of my half of tax returns so he had no issues with me getting it. He was creeped out a bit when my eyes arrived before the doll and they floated around for a while.

Then my naked doll arived. He states...."They gave her nipples??" I am not sure if he has noticed the other anatomicaly correct portion of the doll, I think he has, but is just not choosing to acknowledge its existence. :sweat

Once I cut off the sleve of an old shirt to use as a tempory dress and had her eyes in and her head attached, he said she wasn't creepy anymore. Then I got her actual clothes and some Leeke boots. I had just finished putting the new clothes on when he came home from work. "I like the boots ... I should find a non effeminate guy so she wont be lonely. Do they make non effeminate ones?"

A few days later I came home to find him trying to find the various doll sights. He wants to "someday" get a Delf Moon. I am thinking it will happen in a year or so, just in time for the next Lut's christmas even if they do one again. :celebrate

4. Personally, at least from my own experience, I tend to think that if he isn't drawn to BJDs [even when he sees them in real-life], then there isn't much you can do. It's like he can't force you to like football, lol. The most I can get my guy to do with dolls is to pose them in different sex- positions >.< [until I realize what he's doing and yell at him for blaspheming my dolls, rofl]. He finds it pretty amusing that they are anatomically- correct, and we play around with the idea of giving their genitals some detailing, but except for that- he isn't really interested in them.

5. I can't help you.

I got my wife into them! XD

~Bruce

6. Well I don't have a BJD yet, but my fiance does buy me Blythes. He bought me MML which was $300 plus shipping and he bought me another one that was my first customization bait. I of course feed his sword obsessions so it is pretty equal. He then bought me a custom made sword for the MML this last Christmas! I was very thrilled.

I told him about my obsession of Unoas too. He said when he get a job (fiance is a newly branded masters for computer science) he said asking for expensive dolls, purses, clothes, vacations, etc... for Christmas is not an unreasonable request. Hehe... So maybe I should ask him for an Unoa! :D

7. My boyfriend thinks they're pretty, but I don't think he likes them all that much... at least he's more supportive than my parents. :sweat

It'd be nice if he liked them too. ^^ Don't know how to get him to, though.

8. Thats funny im all reading thru this thred and thinking it's a newer one and found my comment on here, Yeah Boopa found out and he could'nt fathom me spending that much money on a " doll ", We broke up not over that souly but it was a factor, We've gotten back together since then, I have my Hound now. He's warmed up to it a little.

9. I'm not sure, but.. I wouldn't force it on him. xD;; Now I'm not saying all guys are like this by any means. Alot of guys I know are rough with things like that, think dolls are for pansies, or don't give half a crap. xD My neighbor is a guy, and one of my closest friends (NOT MY BOYFRIEND). He knows how much these dolls cost. He sees Sultra on the bed, picks him up by his ANKLES and lets him bend BACKWARDS while he examines his peen. I could have KILLED HIM.

Now, I'm not saying your boyfriend or anyone elses boyfriends are like this. This is just my experience with guys and BJDs. XD

10. My Husband is very supportive, but very old school. He thinks dolls are for ladies, and power-tools are for men. Lucky for me, he doesn't whine about how expensive they are, and even bought me two of my little darlings, Dollmore Asha, and Dollzone Mo, for my birthday.
      I do try to be sly and get him involved when I change-out the eyes. I will ask him to help me get them to look straight. He will handle the doll then, and he's even posed them a couple of times making comments about how nice the clothes are, or how cool the big boots look.
      It's a little thing, but it's a start.
      But, in the long run, if he shows no further interest, Im cool with that. As long as he's supportive and buys me dolls, who can ask for more?

11. To my boyfriend my doll is just like one of my other possesions and interests, like my stuffed animals, toys or my other nick nacks on my shelves. He accepts me having dolls and I accept the fact that they are not his thing. No offense to anyone, but I feel funny about guys that like dolls; it's just how I was raised.

12. My BF is interested in them somewhat and listens to be blabbering about them kindly, but I could never imagine him owning a doll himself. He is just not the kind of person, and that's that. In my opinion, your SO should respect you and your hobby, but you do not need to brainwash him/her. Everyone likes different things ^_^

13. Awww, that's soo cute!! My fiance is supportive of my doll habits, but he hasn't brought me one. I wish he would!!:( He even wants one. But doesn't want to pay a whole lot(more than $100), so he's a little out of luck. He's also doesn't like that a lot of the male bjds are prettier than the girls-- Says he wants a "man doll"
      Hope I haven't insulted anyone!!

14. OMG I do not have a succes story,only a bad one..My b/f does not like Midori at all. Ok I may play with her when Siegfried is with me, but NOT when his friends are with me. Oh and he says most ppl do think I'm a freak because I like to play with BJD's and he says ppl on those board are also freaks..*blush*

15. Don't stand for him saying that about you! (Remind him how much better than him you can do... Lol.) Well, my boyfriend thinks Bryony is really cool - he reckons BJDs are the only dolls that aren't going to kill him in his sleep. Bless. - and comments on her wig changes and stuff whenever he comes over. I swear he notices more about her than me! :)

xXx

16. he's not my boyfriend, but the second my friend Josh saw Emilie, he's been like..."how much was she? can you buy parts? i looked on ebay but you could only buy bodies! where's she from? she's pretty! can i hold her? why are they soo expensive?! -complain-" XD it's awsome how much he likes her.

17. I think i should just buy a random dz doll and leave it in his room! Hahaha! that would have a funny reaction! XD but my bf doesnt hate them...in fact hes glad it makes me happy.

18. Im not offended. Guys will be guys. If they made a SD that looked like GI Joe, Im sure alot of Husbands might consider getting into BJDs. ;-)

19. My boyfriend thinks it's all pretty weird and that I'm a bit obsessive (though I do tend to talk about it all the time...it's my newest hobby, I have reason to rant), but he's usually fine letting Dashiell sit in his lap. I plopped him on his shoulders piggyback style once, and he held tightly onto Dash's hands while talking to other guys. It was so cute but he claims it was only because he knew that if he dropped Dash, I'd kill him.

20. My girlfriend convinced me to get a bjd in the end, I did like them as a friend introduced me, but my girlfriend did convince me that one would be a good muse for some of my projects. I think some artistic guys would love them like I did, I was converted! And now have three...