1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ways of getting your boyfriend into BJDs?

Mar 19, 2006

1. This sounds like my partner - who is very understanding about my other 'loves' - even when I talk to them!

Though he did get more interested himself when I bought Kay - because Kay looks like him! He even bought him a miniature black Rickenbacker like his own full sized one!

:)

2. I know its a silly question, but I was kind of surprised when my boyfriend asked me to buy him a doll for his birthday. *_* He does collect action figures, but I was still surprised.

How do your men feel about your dolls? Do they have their own, co-own your's, try to throw them out the window when your at work?

3. My boyfriend loves July. He's always interested in my plans for her and such. XD He doesn't act the same way towards any other doll. He's kinda indifferent about Fleur, but maybe it's because she's just a head right now.

4. Assuming that this hobby is predominated by women, then as a male I would enjoy it if my girlfriend or boyfriend liked BJDs as well.

5. Ignore, sorry. ^.^;

6. My fiance loves them. ^_^ He and I are saving for our own dolls in order to create our characters! I really love knowing that he loves them, and it's so cute to watch him play with them (he's extremely gentle with them). It makes me very happy.

7. Aww. My boyfriend at first hid the fact that he DID like them! I rant about them all the time and show him what I like and want. I'm very excited to be getting my first doll soon.

He's actually fine with it and confessed he liked them after I was appologizing for how much I talked about them and hoping it wasn't annoying him. He said he sees them as an "Art Form" and are very "Awesome" which they are to me.

He even said that when he gets the money he wants to buy me one because he sees how much I love them. ;;

8. some of the things my prince writes about make me think he'd be perfect for one. I told him about it and without question, he said he'd give it a shot. *love that man* and we plan to get extra dolls so that we can make dolls of eachother :D *sigh and lazy smile*

9. My boyfriend adores my dolls. He was mortified when I sold Eiji, and steals Keeny away from me XD

10. My boyfriend told me the other day that he wanted one as well, he said he loved my boy Keiji

11. My boyfriend already has a BJD, we got ours simultaneously ^__^ But he was very sceptic at first. thought that it was too much money to spend, and then on a doll! But then I gave him some links and let him look around and showed him some of the cool clothes, nice boots and other things. Soon he was as excited about getting a doll as I. ^__^ Though now, he isn't that interested as I am any more. He's just happy about his little boy and still working at him to make him perfect ^^;

If I were to try again, I would try to connect the BJD's with some of his other interests. Like, my boyfriend's really into goth and so, so I told him which cool clothes he could make. If your boyfriend likes to make photos, tell him about and show him some pictures. ^__^ I also have a friend and he's into weapon, so his girlfriend showed him some of the cool weapons you can get in doll size and today he just received his first doll (unfortunately we just found out that the Danish mail office doesn't want to deliver things that are "weapon-like").

^__^ Good luck with convincing him! ;)

12. Mine is an Army Sergeant, so when he showed interest in my and my roomies dolls I was a little surprised. Apparently he equates our dolls to his gun collection. He gets them because they are beautiful, he loves the feel of them, they are collectable...etc. Side by side comparison, his guns are basically as much an "art" collection as I consider my dolls.

Try and compare your love of dolls to something that he loves...show interest in what he loves and hopefully he will reciprocate. Goodness knows the dolls themselves are quite addictive and he may feel this before he..and you..even expect it!

13. At first my husband was disturbed by the dolls and the few doll owners he had met. He didn't get it what so ever. Thankfully, he's super supportive and when he realized that this passing fancy of mine wasn't going away, he began to ask questions. I would show him the dolls I was interested in, and he'd tease me. I'd answer his questions and we just seemed to have longer discussions as he warmed to the hobby. Finally I happened to show him a doll that apealed to him. So, next doll we'll be adding is the one he's picked out.

14. My husband "gets" the hobby and sometimes helps me because he is also a hobbyist. Do I see him ordering his own? Not so much but at least he is tolerant!

15. As someone who is also a techno-geek, which is a mostly male hobby, I hear guys ask this same question about video games or comic books ALL THE TIME. Usually the wisest of them steps up and says "Well, she may never really like them. But if she likes you she'll be okay with them and maybe try your very favorite whatever to get a better understanding."
      A good boyfriend who is not already pre-disposed to making models or clothes or painting things will probably never really "get it," but I bet he'll like your smile when you're holding a doll you love and that's what really counts. My guy and I share an office/art project/computer room so we spend alot of time together, even though he could be building a robot on one side of the table while I work on a doll on the other side.

16. OMG >cries<
      You are so very lucky <3

Raven

17. LOL, I don't ever see my husband getting his own doll. I have been talking about these dolls constantly for the last several days (just recently discovering them while out of work/school sick), and he just seems to barely be listening to me go on and on and on!

Maybe it'll be different once I actually get one? I have a feeling that once I go to order one, he's going to be like, "Nooooooo! Biiiiiiiiill mooooneeeeeeey!"

18. My husband likes my girl dolls.. he just thinks they're too expensive.

But when I told him I wanted to make a doll of the Gunslinger~ Roland from his favourite series of books~ The Dark Tower (which I really like too;) ) That got him interested!! He's helping me find the right doll, clothes and accessories for him. :aheartbea

19. The prospect of a female doll in the house that would wear lacy stockings with garters catches my boyfriend's interest every time. But... I can't afford her yet... but I will!

20. He used to think they are creepy, overpriced (converted to our currency a regular SD would cost USD 2000). Now my boy loves my dolls just fine, he help pick out who to get when i am undecisive, and eyes, wigs, clothing and shoes...
      When I got my first, a dm kid girl momo, he just blinked at me, wondering why i should do such a thing, and i never told him im getting her before hand. But then later after awhile he pets her head when he sees her, they watch tv together, and he let me pose her riding on his neck and such.
      He bought me a lishe awhile back which he let me sold her off because we didnt click. I still feel bad about that.
      Only recently he expressed his interest in SDC Kurt because he look so unique like those MTG cards' and warcraft characters that he likes so much.
      We are waiting for him to come home XD.
      so far we co-own a Leeke elf head and Kurt.
      It took him awhile to get used to my blythes too.
      Probably because I accepted all his hobbies and quirks just like that without a fuss, he wanted to learn to accept mine :)

edit:
      oh yah, i just remembered he suggested if i want the dolls to be part of the display during our wedding (i thought of it before but never mentioned to him) they would look so sweet in slacks and dresses but i dont think i want to do that, imagine the kids picking them up during the reception and playing with them thinking they are just dolls, and worse, it goes missing. have to remember there are still many people ignorant about the price of these babies