1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird collector?

Sep 25, 2017

1. I’ve got Fairyland Pukipuki and Dollmore Trinities and every size in between. Stylized fantasy sculpts and realistic human sculpts. Realistic fantasy and stylized human ... I love variety in my collection. I don’t find it weird at all! ;)

2. I don't think it is weird at all.
      I know some people who like to collect only certain size or dolls that look similar in style cuz they want the dolls to blend in well in the photo.
      But there are so many cute dolls out there and it's so normal to want some variety! :XD:

3. Nah, that isn't weird. I've got quite an 'ecclectic' collection myself: From SD13, to Pukipuki, and the 10 dolls (or heads) I've got were constructed from parts of 11 different companies.

I mostly collect old-skool sculpts. Only my aileendoll Ashe, pukipuki and Volks Williams are relatively recent, the others are at least 10 years old. I have no interest in Soom, Iplehouse and friends. Personally, I think it's lovely to have so many variety in doll collections. It would be boring if we would all collect the same dolls, don't you think?

4. I don't find it strange at all, I have several dolls and only two are from the same house, all the others from different houses

5. What's wrong with weird? If people think i'm weird so be it, I personally see it as a compliment.:wiggle Seriously though I don't think it's strange for a doll enthusiast to own a mixture of doll sculpts. Variety is the spice of life - it sounds like you have an interesting doll assortment:3nodding:

6. I think it's not weird. I'm just like you. My dolls are all made of different manufacturers, and even of different sizes.:kitty1

7. I think in a hobby like doll collecting nothing is weird. Everyone has their tastes and some may collect against the grain, do supposedly “taboo” things to/with their dolls, etc. But I think as long as a person is enjoying themselves it’s not up to anyone else to say this or that is weird or wrong.

Being weird isn’t necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

8. There are a great many people who would say that doll collecting itself is very weird...ergo, any judgmental attitudes within the community regarding weirdness would be strangely hypocritical. ;)

9. I have BJDs, non-BJDs and a bunch of cloth dolls in my crew. I also have mulitple PKF Mios and Lunas. Weird is wonderful.

10. idk if this happened to anyone before, but i actually feel mildly offended when someone looks at my doll collection and goes: your dolls all look the same!
      im like,"exxcuuuuusee me?"
      LOL
      so i think having a mixed variety gives your eye something interesting to look at! :love

11. I don't think it's weird at all. I have an SD and an MSD right now. I have a tiny on the way. They are all ResinSoul dolls, but only because I can't seem to get away from RS right now because I keep finding sculpts I love! I'm determined to make sure my YoSD is not an RS doll, but she will be my next acquisition and I haven't started truly making decisions about her yet, other than she won't be a ResinSoul doll.

I want a doll of each size so that I can make better choices about future dolls and characters. My current doll characters have stories that don't cross-over at all. My tiny will run in Ayla's storyline a little. I think collecting is such a personal thing. There are some dolls I see that I love, and then others I see that I think "No, never". But it's so diverse, and I love that. I would never look at another collector and think they are weird for who/what is in their collection.

12. My largest doll is a Dollmore Trinity, and my smallest dolls are a bunch of assorted teenie gems (and an Akhmel Aki, and two Dollzone Wendy). I also have one Dreamingdoll, three Angell Studio dolls (and a floating head), a Souldoll, two Dollfie Dreams, an Unidoll, and a few Delfs. On top of my large and growing family of Soom dolls.

Your variety is not unusual at all.

13. I'll take that slightly further and say that collecting anything is kinda weird.

I have a collection of BJDs/other dolls, anime figures, Nendoroids, hand planes, electronics parts & equipment, photography gear, computers, books, and probably other things too.

Everyone thinks that the things that other people do that they don't is weird, no self-awareness.

14. My collection is like that. Like, I already have a doll that satisfies a particular aesthetic, I don’t want another one... I want one for a different aesthetic now :P

My entire collection is:
      • Dream of Doll Shall (Asian aesthetic with large eyes, small mouth)
      • Iplehouse nYID Yur (super realistic)
      • Soom Rosette Vela (mellow kind of face, subtle features)
      • Lillycat Lilas (European doll aesthetic)
      • and a Dream of Doll Bee-A on a realistic curvy Dollits body
      It’s really all over the place!

#34 Momiji, Jan 21, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    15. That size in mature dolls is currently my interest as well, as a newbie to the hobby -- I like miniatures in general so that's the angle that appeals to me in that case. Larger dolls are beautiful, but I'd rather admire them from a distance.

However, one of my wishlist dolls is a NobleDolls Raspberry, so if the stars align I'll have at least one larger doll, someday. ;)

16. Its not! I like variety and buy yosd from different companies! So far i have volks, rosenlied, aidolls and few others! Its such a colourful combi and i love them so much! :)