1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird things your dolls MUST have

Apr 4, 2016

1. Ahaha, I hadn't thought of it in my original post, but after reading yours I realized all my girls have stockings, as well.:XD: In fact, if my boys don't wear pants then they wear stockings, too!

Here's another one I haven't seen yet: silicone kips. I'm currently working on outfitting all my dolls with these for the extra posability and to protect precious body blushing from rubbing off during said posing!

2. Ive recently finally been able to start making jewelry for my dolls~ They've all felt so bare until now!
      Also I keep my dolls on a high shelve.. So they all need underwear.. Or things would get alittle awkward if someone visits. I dont know why thats the first thing people do is check for underwear on a female doll. Its kind of same with figures.. My friends always flip them upside down just to.. check..

3. Oh one more odd thing: a bag with a book (magic of course :chibi) and a drink :lol:

This started with the first doll, which I bought as a storyteller for the kids. It was actually ment to prevent myself from buying too much for the doll and getting to involved in the hobby (finance blahblah). I thought I could solve that part by allowing the little one to have magical powers so she would be able to use those in case she needed something on her journey..... :roll:

4. Maddy's oversized hair clip. Oh, and her TARDIS. But a Time Lady has to have a TARDIS.

5. I really want my dolls to have underpants. Right now I don't have enough underpants for all of the girls in dresses! I also require that they have shoes.

6. Schnauzers. My dolls need their bearded buddies. They are harder to find than dolls, though, so I'm always running short.

7. I love when they actually have pockets! Got an apron and I adore using it. I think clothes in general are a must but i think an odd must for me would have to be neck wear it bothers me when they dont have them.

8. Are they bjd dogs? Ive been eyeing them but fear restringing...

9. No, mine are all plush or figures. I have not found any BJD Schnauzers yet. God help my pocketbook if I do, I'd need at least four colors! Hard to get that long hair to look right, I imagine. :)

10. Socks and a teddy bear or some plush animal. I think I need to get a few more sock made for the new guys. I'm falling down on the job.

11. I give each of my dolls at least one piece of jewelry from my own rings, necklaces, etc that's "theirs". Apollo's wearing a gold and pearl necklace that used to be my mom's bracelet, Delwyn's wearing a silver leafy ring as a bracelet, Amriel's wearing a prism necklace, and Owen's wearing a necklace with fake gemstones on it. It's a nice way to use jewelry I don't wear much, and it feels like it makes them part of the family, even if that sounds kinda cheesy :)

(I also have a tiny stuffed bear, just for my YoSD, with his own little necklace.)

12. @ossuarie That's a really nice way to re-use jewelry ^^

13. Everyone has a signature piece of jewelry. My housemate is a professional silversmith, so they are very spoiled. Epiphany, the pirate queen, is the most well bejeweled...she has genuine gold and sapphires. All the dollies must have their own chair ...and tea set...and many, many shoes, even the Pipos Cheshire cats have shoes (and they have cat feet!).Oh, and books, they all have at least one real printed book. They must all have musical instruments, oh, and wineglasses....or what would they play and drink at parties?

14. Vince and Pete both like to accessorize-- they also each have their own set of things. For Vince, he has a bracelet he basically never takes off no matter what his outfit is, and a bunch of necklaces I hardly even get out... the bracelet suits him more in my mind, but I can't imagine getting rid of his other jewelry. I should get some wire and build him a little jewelry rack someday so he can display them all, when I get him a 'room' setup.

For Pete, he's got a pair of sunglasses and two hats, plus a couple of belts (two or three) and a pair of stockings. The stockings don't even go with any of his clothes, but they fit him better than they do Vince, so until a girl comes along to take them, they're his.

For Billy, it's just toys, really. I mean, Vince has toys as well and Pete's got a couple props, but Billy's so small and cute that it just seems right for him to hold a toy.

15. Pink. I hate it, but Lottie insists on dressing in pink.

Teddy

16. shoes that coordinate with their outfits. which is a pain since i'm also really picky about sizing and most shoes seem too big to me for the size they are sold as

quite a few of my dolls have glasses, and i have books in scale for every size doll. they all need something to read when i'm not playing with them.

edit: just realized that almost all my dolls have freckles even if just a few.

17. I'm on my first bjd, but I have an overwhelming NEED to make props for her. Fantasy creatures, a large tree she can stand under, magical vines and spouts of water coming from her hands..

18. Lol I love the long hair look! Yorkies or maltese with long hair looks so cute shuffling through it all ^-^ I pity my wallet ANYTIME i find something I absolutely must have XD

19. I love that long hair, too. Shih Tzu, that's another one that would be hard to pass up. I already have enough Schnauzer stuff to make my hubby sigh. I got pretty hopeful when Iplehouse made the beagles and then asked what other animals people were interested in. And then quickly disappointed when they said no long hair, lol.

20. My dolly's all gatta have undies, socks, and scarfs. All my boys have to have formal wear, in-case I take them out somewhere nice, and my girls have to have Easter Sunday type dresses (like super Spring, flower, bright colored stuff) :kitty1

I think the worst, useless, thing my dolls all have to have are books. Some of their characters don't even know how to read but they still have books, I guess it's cause I love books so much myself that I want my dolls to be able to have almost as many as I do! :XD: