1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird things your dolls MUST have

Apr 4, 2016

1. Pockets are a big one for me too--and I make most of my dolls' clothes, so it's a pain for me as an amateur seamstress! :XD: I'd like to say underwear as well, but... I'm lazy and some of them are still lacking in that department.

2. I can imagine it might be a bit hard to put together and thats why. Its sad but construction always plays that role in whethet something is successful. My collection is banks(mainly piggies) and they are everywhere and from everywhere that ive been.^'^ of course some are also from where ever i picked it up because i just had to have it lol

3. Underwear :lol:
      And lots of lace and chiffon. Ruffles too. They can only wear light colors! But shoes and head pieces can be dark colors.

4. If it can't be done well, I'd rather it not be done, too. Otherwise, I'd have no money and odd Schnauzers. Lol, I wouldn't be able to help myself.

All these dolls with books gives me a great need for books fit my dolls now. :)

5. Yeah I get that. There are lots of things i want but if I can't find them well done i can't see buying them.
      I keep looking for the perfect crown right now. I have seen some I love but they are far too big my my MSD...:...(

6. ALL of my Crew HAVE to have some kind of coat/cape/jacket. If I'm cold, so are they. :3nodding:

I also make sure that all of them have at least one piece of jewelry. And all of my Crew that have them, have to have eyes and a wig, even the floating heads.

Shoes, socks, underwear, naw, not so much. Ryuichi, my rock superstar hates underwear and Prism sees no need for underwear, shoes nor socks since she's a goddess.

Ryu

#46 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Apr 22, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    7. Since I started learning to sew, my dolls have to have at least one item of clothing/an accessory (if not a whole outfit) that I made specifically for them, from scratch. Even if they never wear it, I still have to make it for them. I guess it's my way of officially making them mine. There are still a few I haven't gotten to, and it bothers me a lot lol

8. Ok this may sound weird but underwear,bras etc, got to have first and then wig caps and outfits.:aeyepop:

9. Socks. I've found that it bothers me when my doll doesn't wear any with shoes o_O

Maybe it's because I'm projecting my real life preferences onto it hahaha (but shoes already fit tightly as it is :atremblin!)

10. My dolls need shoes as well. Very few run around barefoot XD

11. Ahh the socks thing xD I'm just the opposite. I like to have all my dolls in socks (I'm mostly afraid of their shoes staining or scratching their feet) but right now I only have a few pairs so D:
      Other stuff... definitely undergarments, but if their clothes are too tight or revealing I'll leave those out. But they feel more realistic to me when they have underwear lol.
      Pants pockets are a thing for me too! I hate fake pockets.

12. I just need it to be clothed D: I'm specifically sewing up a quick dress robe so she's not naked all the time lol. I haven't delved deep enough to have any other specific needs lol.

I think I would want my doll to wear a bra? My current doll has nipples that REALLY stick out, and I'd want something to sort of... Hide them? Because they're be visible under any thin clothing lol.

13. Derren's Vulture griffin skull headdress. I wasn't even thinking until I had it made, and it got home and it occurred to me "whoa... that bird skull is bigger than his head.... it must be a vulture griffin. I guess that's a thing, now. I better add to his backstory that he slays a vulture griffin." God, I hope it matches his armor well.

Also, I have made it a goal to own enough modern day urban clothing for my 70cm+ boys to put them all in modern clothing at once. Collecting enough sweatpants and jeans takes precedence over collecting their 'actual' 'medieval/rennaisance-esque' costumes. O_o It's very important to drop a ton of money on street clothes when the actual character wants armor.. yep.

14. Johnny's supposed to be a seventeen-year-old, but for some reason he's a stuffed animal collector. Every time I see one of a certain size, I get it for him. So far he's got a teddy bear, a giraffe, and a white dog. I plan on adding a monkey and an elephant to that mix, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a tiny stuffed Tardar Sauce.

15. Wig caps!!!! My dolls must have wig caps! I can't stand when their hair falls off when they're on display.

16. Kimiko is always demanding new wigs and dresses! My other doll Riley likes to only wear punk clothing, I've tired putting her in something cute but she refused. In general though I always have to have my dolls in nicely coordinated outfits, it really bugs me if something doesn't really match. I also really like coordinating their outfits for the holidays! I wish I could say that all my dolls have underwear as well but trying to pick out underwear that fits my girls styles has proven to be a bit difficult...lol. :XD:

@Kimchi I didn't know silicone kips protected body blushing!? I've always been hesitant to get my dolls blushed because of chipping.. Silicone kips maybe be the new thing that all my dolls have to have. Thanks for sharing that bit of info or I would have never known! :D