1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

We're all Mad Here... Pipos Cheshire discussion (all types)

Aug 29, 2010

1. Yes, MegWesley, it was very helpful, thank you!

Okay one or two more weird measurements and I will leave you all be for a bit. I am looking for a chair, okay..... I admit it, a throne for him, how wide is his bottom?, and about how high should a seat be off the floor for him? Maybe 3" for the width and 2" for the height is what I am guessing. Would that be about right?

Thank you for all your help!

Giggle! It never really occurred to me until just, well, this instant that I might someday solicit strangers to measure little toy cat butts! ROTFLMAO!!!!

2. Hi! Yet more questions about Cheshires. They say on the site that they take16mm eyes, but I have heard that 18mm works better. I just saw some gorgeous green urethane eyes in 20mm for sale that I would like to buy. Will 20mm round eyes fit in their heads?

3. I have no idea (not home to check), but my Cheshire has 14mm eyes and they are perfect.

4. Anybody out there ? Would 20mm fit in a Cheshires head... if they were round?

5. Rosalyn, may I assume you mean the Star Cheshire and not the regular version? They do say they can wear 18mm.
      I only have a regular Cheshire and he wears a 14mm and that is a good fit for me, as I want to see some of the white showing.
      . Pipos suggests a 16mm for him, but it seemed really too large to me.
      If the eye is too large, it won't go in the eye well and if it does, the iris would fill up the whole eye area. [​IMG]
      A happy Count

6. Do not go with 20mm - I recently had a Cheshire and I have a Delf DES boy who wears 20mm. Most 20mm eyes are much too large to fit into the Cheshires sockets. 16mm do work great as everyone else has mentioned - if you like bigger eyes in your dolls like I do. :)

7. Hello pepperonipizza, and sistercuervo,

Thank for the information, you have just saved me quite a bit of money, as I was about to buy some pricey 20mm urethane eyes. I really appreciate the information.

8. Where do you all find good fitting pants for your cheshires? I have been debating between learning how to make some or finding a pair of nice ones. I would really love to find some jeans for them. Putting in a tail hole shouldn't be too much to do myself, but I'm having a hard time shopping for yo-sd sized pants.

9. Pepperonipizza makes some very lovely ones.
      The Cheshire kitties are a sort of odd size and the easiest to find ready-made are Madame Alexander's 8" dolls. I have several different outfits gotten cheaply on ebay. Cut a small hole and insert the tail and you're good to go.
      This one is Prince CHarming, I believe [​IMG]
      Shoes are a perfect fit for him, too. The only difficulty is hats, as his ears are not removable.

10. @sistercuervo: thanks! I'll have to look into those.

How about eyes? What size do you guys like to put in these? I have 16 mm ones in mine right now, but I'm thinking they are a tad big.

11. Hello! I'm very interested in ordering a Pipos Cheshire Basic edition, but in white! I looked at the site years ago, and I could have sworn the white version of this mold was a thing... I just checked back tonight and the only option is gray! Are certain colors of the basic Cheshire limited edition? If so, how often are they available? How many times a year, if at all? I hope it wasn't a one time thing. D: The white was my favorite...

12. [MindBug] Pipos has changed their method of sales and they only offer certain mold (especially the PI and JR.PI line) in certain color(s) for a limited time period, normally for a year or until they announce the sold-out notice. The last batch of Cheshire where white resin was offered is the Dango Cheshire which was sold-out on 14-Oct-2014. Sadly, it's hard to guess if Pipos will release the particular mold-color combination for sales again. But I believe white is a basic color for most company and Pipos will probably offer it again in the future.

13. Limited Cheshire Pop Pink is the absolute greatest. I always discover these things too late. Does anyone here have one?

#233 borxanne, May 13, 2016
      Last edited: May 13, 2016