1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Were you ever about to buy something - and POOF, it's gone?

Jan 9, 2011

1. Back when the Volks English site was down, I found the perfect doll on their main website. I bookmarked all the things I wanted to get for her, and went back to order her after Christmas when I had money. But, sadly, she had been discontinued. I was devastated... </3

2. Inny - Oh no...how terrible. D: I don't understand how dollies can be there one minute, and gone the next.

3. Yeah, I've had that happen. I spotted an OOAK dark elf MSD in the marketplace but waited too long deciding to buy her. I PM'd the owner only to find she had sold the day before. I try to avoid the MP unless I have the money jingling in my jeans, but the temptation to "Just take a look" is usually my undoing!

4. I feel like things I wanted went poof, but really it's all my fault for being such a procrastinator! I see something I want, and I think to myself, "ah I'll get it soon but first I'm gonna get this..."

Six months later I see it's out of stock and I think, "Nooooo! I was going to get around to buying that!" :lol:

5. claywimmin - Hah, I know the feeling all too well. I know I'm broke right now and I keep browsing the Larger doll section to see what face mold I'd want for my first male BJD. xD;; I'll be awful if I ever find it and don't have the money right there and then. Lol.

Lolibear - Oh noo, I can totally see myself doing that someday and then bonking myself on the head for it. Hehe.

6. When it comes to losing things out on the MP, it helps to search several times a day for it. It might pop up again! That's how I got the dress I lost out on, as well as a head I had been saving for (it was the same one with same makeup and all. The girl kept her a week and decided she didn't like her). :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are still trying to get what you love :)

7. I was going to buy a DZ Wing, but when I finally had enough money, he'd been sold... I asked about him, and the staff said that he'd been sold the previous week! Frustrating, but I think I like DZ Edward just as much.

8. This hasn't happened to me but its a fear of mine. I'm in the process of getting ready to purchase a Soom Lazule. Despite no official announcements he's being discontinued, I hear rumors and I know that sooner rather than later its going to happen. I'm scared that by the time I hit "buy" he'll be gone!

9. Back in 2007, I wobbled over whether to buy a Happydoll Yuki on the Happydoll/nDoll website. I'd keep going to look, but couldn't bring myself to put her in the cart. One day I looked, and she was GONE... caught me flatfooted! Eventually, I chose another doll to be the character I'd intended for Yuki, and forgot about her. A year later -- a Yuki turned up on the secondary market! I couldn't write that e-mail fast enough, LOL.

This happens a lot to me, with BJDs; there's something about them, that you will get them when THEY want you to get them, I guess. ;)

10. Oh yeah, missed out on several dolls early on in this hobby because of that, but I don't mind it that much. So many more companies are around now and at pretty reasonable prices too.

11. My parents gave me a $100 limit to order more doll stuff since no one got me any at Christmas. There'd been a sweater that I thought was adorable, and had on my wish list. By the time I was going to order it, they didn't have it for sale.

12. Oh, yeah. Go battle it out in Y!J auctions. I have a love / hate relationship with that place. :<

13. Second rule of Shopping Club is: Never give up.

Almost all impossible-to-find items are out there somewhere. As the late Dr. Thompson would put it, shopping is "only for those with true grit. And we're chock-full of that." :whee:

14. I dithered over an MP listing of a DIM event elf head and Poof..off he went (he was ridiculously cheap). After that I kept trying to nab him, but of course it's not an item you can just go to Doll in Mind and buy, and I don't think there were all that many made in the first place, and I would always find it just after it was sold. But like JennyNemesis says, don't give up...Baakay heard from Xtal that I was looking for one, and she had one she was happy to trade for. Woot! So waiting (and asking around) can often help you find that special doll/fullset. :)

15. I was just at the point of making a final decision on whether I wanted a boy doll or not. I figured if I decided yes, I wanted one, he would have to have an Unoa body. Well, lo and behold, a boy body was on the Marketplace for a DEEP discount. By the time I was committed to getting a boy, the body had been snapped up and I had to find another one for 1.5x the price.>< And no, I didn't have the patience to wait for someone to post a deal like that again, which was smart because I'd still be waiting.:P

16. Angell-Studio did it to me once. I stumbled across a beautiful LE, who'd been on sale for like four months at that point and still wasn't sold out, so I figured I was fine. I asked around with the locals to see if anyone wanted to do a GO to split shipping, and in the week it took me to get that together... he sold out. >_< Arrgh.

17. I have had it happen a few times. Buying should have a no waffling rule. I did recently have luck with something I waffled to buy. On etsy there was a cute slim msd dress that I just HAD to have. By the time I got around to being able to buy it, it just sold. I moped for a while and walked away but I kept on etsy hoping it would pop up before I found who the seller was and asked if she would make more. Lucky me, she had a spare one and sold it to me :)

18. I was trying to save up to buy a 50cm girl from Oceanmoon, but even before I had enough money saved up she was sold out, seeing as she's not limited I'll just wait until she's released again... but I don't know how long that will be
      but on the positive side I decided to get a 60cm girl and I like her more than the 50cm girl, although I still plan to get her ^^

19. So my story happend twice.
      I wanted to buy my dream doll CP luts Shine, so first i saved up just enough to get him with a face up...so i go on the site and his price went up....-.-

Then a girl on DOA had one for sale. so i was gunna buy him right then....argg right when i PM'ed her he was -just- sold.....URRGGG. i wanted him so bad. !!

20. I've had that happen to me often.

It's frustrating and disheartening, but the only thing you really can do is keep looking.

You might find something better or the same thing!

I know I've had many moments here on the forums where I see something I think I need and then it's gone.

Most times though, it's been for the better. ^^;