1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Were you ever about to buy something - and POOF, it's gone?

Jan 9, 2011

1. It happened to me with a pair of boots from Dollheart I wanted, but then later I convinced myself that I didn't want them anymore and that my doll didn't need them. It worked. >o> It's odd. Maybe because I didn't want them badly enough because usually if I want something very badly, I get it... eventually. Never give up!! >:T

2. It's not uncommon to happen with shoes and wigs. I also recently missed out on ordering a Dollheart dress.

3. O Yeah, With a doll, with wigs, with parts, with clothes, recently even with a special color acrylic paint.

4. Yuck.. With eyes.. Once I found the most perfect pair, and a week later the seller told me she got the bag back.. ripped in places and smushed like it got caught in something. The eyes were gone. I was so sad ;.; The company who made them no longer fulfills orders that people place, and I can't find them anywhere. x.x

5. Because of all the nightmare stories on here, last night I placed my order for my lazule! Heehee.

6. Yes, Mostly for Limited Items = ="

I think not for a long as something gone but It under expected.

Recently if I have an effort for buying I just but it, If not I'll lost my chance again

7. This happened just yesterday. I had placed a WTB on the MP for my first boy and after weeks of waiting I found a split for the body, so I place the order. A few days later the full doll I want comes up on the market. So yesterday the split leader pmed and told me she could not complete the order and had to bow out for personal reasons. Still having the money on hand for the full doll I contacted the seller with my offer, and she told me she had sold him not but five minuets ago... So...I go back to scouting the mp..

8. Yes but I either found another one or I knew it was best I didn't get it as was pushing my CC a bit to hard.

9. It has happened with specific dolls/heads in the MP in the past. In one case I bought the head from the person who beat me to it on the prior sale. In the other cases, I've since moved on to search out other dolls. :)

10. THIS

I had this happen to me with a Group Order I was trying to run for Leeke years ago I had one participant who kept dithering and not giving me the information I needed (what color wig, what size wig) and I missed the deadline because I hadn't taken Korean time into account. I had to refund all participants their money.

For me Leeke is actually a prime offender. lol I missed my perfect wig when it suddenly vanished off their website and then missed a few other wigs I wanted when they discontinued all their old non heat resistant wigs without notice. (I seriously miss those wigs, I liked some of those styles more than the new ones and some of the color choices were better.)

I also missed out on a doll in the marketplace which I later regretted but that was completely my fault. The person selling it had contacted me about a trade of a doll I was selling and I had hesitated and internally debated too long thinking I would prefer the money and missed out on the doll.

11. I like to think my procastination is my asset :lol: if I was too late to buy something, I just think it's a good thing for my wallet!

The indecisiveness just makes sure how much I love it :) if I had to wait and think, it's probably not enough to buy it. Back to the OP, I've had a close call when getting the DD-Anne Caterpillar, when she emailed to say "You're not one of the first five.... But don't worry, I'll make more!"

Literally had my heart in my mouth then :lol:

12. Oh yes, it happened to me. I was late by a few seconds and the doll I wanted to buy was sold out. T_T

13. Not exactly gone, but something similar happened to me with my first BJD. I had seen her always on sale, but the day I was about to click for purchasing that she was out of stock. She came back on sale after some days and I could get her.

Some time later it really happened to me when I tried to buy a limited BJD which lasted minutes on sale. I could not get to order him, but a friend could for me.

It also happened to me with a BJD which was not limited. I was almost done with my saving for her and when I went for a checking out she was suddenly gone. I asked about her to the brand, in case they could still have one in white skin if possible. And they did, the one shown on the images of the store. They sold it to me with a very nice discount. Since then she was discontinued and I have never seen any other of her kind anywhere.

The resin dog pet within my crew meant also something similar. The moment I was about to make my purchase for him, the time he was sold out with no plans of getting back. Again, I asked the seller if there was still one I could buy and they put one on sale for me. After that I have not seen him on sale anymore therefore he also got discontinued.

14. It happened once to me, which prompted an immediate WTB thread in the marketplace, that happened to be replied to that very night, which resulted in me getting the doll the next day. 8'D Since then, I've never really wanted anything enough to get into a panic over its disappearence. 8'D

15. pretty much all the clothing, wigs and shoes I want from Soul doll!

16. It happened to me when I felt in love with Heilot from Soom. I found him after he was already sold out for many months![Actually, I just know BJDs for 2 years and Heilot ver. God master had been sold out before that] I tried to find him in Ebay, but no one sold him that time.
      After that I can forget him for a few months, but there's come again, Soom just released Heilot again last year and I didn't even knew about that! That night I cried, I love this model and I just missed my chance to get him. I tried to find him in 2nd hand market in everywhere I know, but I can't affort him. His price was too high for me. So, I tried to forget him.
      Now, I'm saving money and waiting for my dream doll to release. I hope that I'll find soon :)

17. That price you saw originally was the sale price. He didn't actually go up in price but off sale.

18. And yes, it has happened to me. I didn't know clothes could disappear but they do, so I missed out on a shirt. But luckily someone sold me the shirt years later!

I have missed out on dolls before too, not knowing about them until too late. But the worse one was Elf El. He had been released way before I got into the hobby and his head alone was a grand. But Luts re-released him in 2006, days before Christmas. I attempted to snatch him up, but so many people going for him, I lost out, couldn't even get him in the cart. I sobbed.

But then! They announced that due to some not paying, those would be cancelled. I learned that, put him on my wishlist how I wanted him, and the second they opened it again, BAM! I had him! I consider him my last gift from my grandmother. She passed away the day after he shipped. He got to me the day after she died. Three days! I am sure she had a hand in him coming in so fast.

And she paid for most of his cost. He was under $800 bucks, and from her my parents gave me (from her account since my dad was her son and had power of atternoy over her money) $500 bucks and I got $300 from them. So that's why I consider him her final gift. A doll I loved as soon as I saw him, and finally own!

19. Ahaha, I remember now that this happened to me like... two month ago. I found a MD Ryu with body and some extras on the MP, wasn't sure I should go for it, messaged the seller after 20 minutes and got the reply that someone else had messaged her literally 20 minutes earlier. I don't know if that made it a lost cause from the beginning, but it still kinda grates on me. XP

On the other hand, Migidoll had a sale period right after, and I got both a Ryu and a Yuri head, plus a Miho head off the MP, so I guess it's not all too bad..! :P

20. I've never had anything really annoying happen because I've never gone in for a quantity-limited popular doll, but a couple of times I've been waiting for an LE to go on sale or an event to start and something extra (eyes, wig etc.) that I wanted to add to the order was in stock at the time, but as soon as I go to make the order it's inevitably out of stock.