1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Were you ever about to buy something - and POOF, it's gone?

Jan 9, 2011

1. I had this happen a couple of times, actually - the first was at a big local meet where someone was selling their Volks Megu for a really low price. She was super old and super yellow, but I really liked her. Unfortunately, while I waffled about if I should put her on layaway or not, someone else had bought her right then and there.

The second time was at a bigger less-local meet, where I was trading my MSD F-12. Someone offered me a Unoa Cream, but I wasn't sure about it so I told them I'd wait til I got any more offers. A few hours passed and I didn't have anymore offers, so I went over to go look at the Unoa Cream and she was gone! Someone had bought her already.

Luckily, both of these stories have happy endings - I traded my MSD F-12 for a doll I like better and I bought the very same Megu from the person who got her at the meet! :D

2. This happens all the time!

BUT-- unless it's something that is a one-off and hugely popular, I think I've ALWAYS been able to find it later, whether it be a doll or an item of some kind.

Usually, I'm very good about getting things right away--as sure as I know I must have it, so I don't often miss out on things. I usually miss out on things I don't know about, or that I wasn't sure about...

3. LOL I was just going to say that this has happened to me so many times with so many things, that now when I find them, I just buy whatever it is instead of waiting :D some things just strike me hard, and when they do, I don't wait :D

4. Yes!!! That happens to me recently. It's sucked because that item was never resold. But the stuff I see isn't the best for my characters so I won't be totally crushed because I wasn't meant to have it.

5. i actually bought clothing and shoes during the twinkle sale in 2010 on layaway with Soom tiny dolls, paid then two months? later when they about to ship they said the 90% of the clothes and both pairs of shoes were out of stock. Soom said I could choose from getting a refund or substitute in stock items for the cash ( non sale) value. I was pretty unhappy because the teenie gems were a new size doll for me. I really liked the clothes, and when I got the dolls I didn't have any clothes or shoes for one of them.

6. I had a split fizzle before ordering too. It gets harder to find a part when the ordering periods almost up.

7. I have been quite fortunate since I haven't realy taken great liking of limited dolls or fullsets latetly.

Tought there was one time when I wanted a dress set from Dollheart. That set had been on sale quite a long time so I tougth that I wuold have plenty of time to get it. I didn't own a paypal account so I asked my friend to help me, but time I finaly desided to order it was sold out. It was sad, but I managed to find it later from the market place.

8. Happens to me allllll the time. I can think of four individual occasions where I've followed a doll on the MP for literally MONTHS, saving and saving and saving......... and then the second I contact them it's "Sorry, I sold it earlier/yesterday/already".

Nuuuuuuuuuu *sob*

Ah well, it happens ^^

9. for ages before I ordered my Homme Ducan the eyes I wanted were in stock. The moment I go to order him....BAM! they're gone OTL damn Sod's law for stealing the perfect eyes TT^TT

10. So...All SOOM dolls, I assume? xDDDD

11. Soom actually seems to let the order period last a few hours than their cut off time like into the night or the next day. Of course if you really want a doll you should make sure you order it before their cut off time because their time is on Korean time. As far as I know soom dolls aren't limited in number (unless they are special order) they are limited to the order period.

12. Yes, that happens all the time. Especially with outfits and wigs I like and lately mostly with Souldoll or Soom.
      I'd be angrier if I missed out on a doll I really wanted though.

13. Since I only started the hobby in October 2009, a lot of limited things have already been sold out long before I found them. It sucks >.> but the longer I'm in the hobby, the more limited items come out while I am able to buy them so it could be worse :)

14. Aagh, yes, happens all the time in the clothing section of Pipos. I wait and wait for them to release new outfits, finally see one I like, and by the time I can afford it (with the shipping) they're sold out! I'm really glad my kittehs fit other doll clothes, because they'd have nothing but their fullset outfits if I was depending on Pipos :x.

15. Yep it happens to me a lot. There's always next time I guess XD

16. ALL THE TIME. OMG. I always browse the MP, so I always see something I like. But I like to overthink it since many things I have impulsively bought end up being sold at the end >.> Then when I decide I want it, it was GONE. GOOOOOOONE. And my reaction? "THAT SHOULD BE MINE! MIIIIIINE." Oh well. I often get over it a couple of minutes later. If it isnt destined to be mine, it isnt.

17. Happens to me all the time because I dither, but I like to be sure about a purchase before I spend the money.

One of my biggest disappointments was losing out on a couple of pairs of Souldoll shoes that I could have purchased from the Doll Peddlar website. *sigh*

18. When I went to buy Castor, I missed the timeline for minutes. I managed to snatch one from the MP here after much looking for. Subaru was like that too. DZ Violeta Halloween edition, Volks Suigintou, Withdoll Juwel, Luts Zuzu Delf Persi Nine Tails... There has been a few, and that's just dolls. Some I missed, some didn't have the money at the time, and when I did, they were gone, some I wasn't sure if I should buy... Some wigs, a couple eyes, one carrier bag and two oufits...

I usually miss them right when I find out I cannot buy them anymore. Some of them, I've looked for second-hand. Others, I'm patiently waiting some more time (they're in my WL anyway :D). I'm not really attached to things I cannot have, so I don't suffer the loss. That's not to say I won't buy them if I find them, with the possible exception of Suigintou, because I find it pretty silly to pay +$4000 for a second-hand one. I'd rather get a different sculpt and do a new one myself...

19. I wanted a dollmore shiloh but when I decided to get her she was sold out :( But it ended happy because just after that came the rococo Vian, which was even better because she didn't have the fangs I was planning to sand off shiloh

20. I had to wait to purchase two Leekeworld wigs from Denver Doll Emporium, and when I got the money, the colour I wanted for them both was sold out. .__. I was lucky that they restocked in that colour after a month or two.