1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s the weirdest accessory you’ve looked for?!

Jan 9, 2018

1. It's not really "weird" but different gems to make chokers for an SD thats coming in

2. I tend to make props, especially the ones I can't just buy easily, so I don't have to hunt them often... It took me forever to find a Rubber Duckie sized for Pip, my pukipuki. I wanted an actually rubber one.
      Let me see, the weirdest prop I've made, now... Probably the skewered fish. It's meant to be a fish in the process of being cooked over a little prop fire, but in the box with the other props it's just a fish onna stick, flame seared.

3. I have a Granado Jaden whose character is from Scotland and I wanted bagpipes. I found some that were from Build-a-bear but not only are they too small, they're too unrealistic! Still on the lookout!

4. Ugly Christmas sweaters. Or Christmas anything wear. The fact that wine bottle 'clothes' fit BJD's quite comfortably is just... Awesome. I got a Yo-SD sized apron from a set that was supposed to go on a wine bottle and it's too cute.

5. @Mayhem My parents several years ago bought me a lighter that was a huge rifle and it is the perfect size for one of my 72cm boys try going on amazon and searching for "bolt action refillable butane grill & bbq lighter" I know you said "smaller than the doll" but you still might be able to find the right sized lighter. It's worth a shot :)

6. Yo-sd Confederate uniforms (and matching little flags). (The tinies being the same size and having a more rag tag appearance I can do myself).
      (The Union has no yo-sd's so I have to custom them for the several different sizes they have).

7. I've been searching for a metal-like jointed tail for my Beelzemon character. There was one that I found that looked pretty close several years back, but I'm not sure why I didn't snag it. I've thought about making my own, but it just seems too daunting at this time as I've got several other projects that I'm working on.

8. Mayhem, try Amazon for your miniature guns. I bought quite a few of them years ago, they are intended to be key chains.

I found a Doctor Who sonic screw driver in a card and novelty shop, just the right size for a MSD. It lights up and makes sounds, pretty cool!

I found perfect to scale silverware for my 1/3 scale dolls in a scrap booking store.

I found thin brass dragonfly wings intended for making those Tiffany stained glass lamps, but they are just right for my MSD faerie girl.

9. Hmmm.... The "weirdest" I've looked for is probably a tiny brass cauldron for a character I no longer plan to shell. I may still keep it, might find a use for it somewhere else, or I might try and find someone to give it to, not sure yet!

10. Probably Taylor's kinky leash ring choker; the one she's wearing in my avatar, actually. Night Market really delivers on edgy accessories for BJDs.

Do need to find a pair of 1/3rd scale Beretta 92 Inoxes for Sage at some point, too. Cyberpunk detective needs her firearms of choice.

11. I forgot the other weirdest - BOOZE! I have a tiny bottle of bacardi that's perfect for MSD scale that has real liquor in it.

12. I wasn't really looking I just sorta found myself looking at a kitty key chain, made as a phone charm. I was like hmm this really cute I think my girl would love this. Now this key chain and it's multicolored friends are like a staple.

13. Does a 1/4 scale huge manta ray pillow count as weird accessories ? xD
      Basically, it's the favorite animal of my doll (don't ask me why I don't know either xD) so I'm currently searching for manta ray accessories x)

14. One of my doll's characters is a doctor, so I found some action figure sized medical props for him. Those are a bit unusual.

15. Crutches? I didn't bother to look so I'm not sure if there are actually any, I just figured there wouldn't, or wouldn't be the right size for my doll, so I made some out of Sculpty and they turned out not too bad, but I'd still like to try some making wooden ones from Balsa wood one day.

16. Wasn't looking for them, more like ran into them on Etsy. Working Bjd vibrators. With batteries. Yep. This actually exists...

17. One has to wonder, 'why?'

I've a ton of unusual or hard to find props. I've got 1:3 scale musical instruments (guitars, drumset, flute, violin, keyboard, African drum, tamborine); katanas, broad swords, rifles (one is that lighter rifle somebody mentioned), pistols (got a 'cowboy' 6-gun w/holster set at the grocery store toy aisle LOL); tons of china - as in full set of quasi-blue willow, another full set of white & gold, 5 tea-sets, cups, mugs, beer steins, wine glasses - I've been collecting tiny dishes for decades, tho. Also have collected the tiny liquor bottles so have bunch of those. I found cutlery all over (Am Girl Doll stuff, thrift shops, craft stores). I've got an anatomy class set, a doctor's handbag, a set of tiny tools. I've a loom, a sewing machine, little knitting needles, spools of thread, bolts of fabric, even a pattern - all in 1:3 scale :D
      I also managed to find a ton of witchy props for my coven circle LOL Tiny Tarot decks, an iron cauldron, crystal ball, little Ouija board :D
      Talking slightly bigger, I've got an SD size pool table & Foozball table LOL Plus managed to get one of those Asian tea-tables that are the perfect size for a doll dining set (plus I've chairs for it).
      My proudest achievement tho is filling up 3 bookcases (one quite a large one in doll-scale) with tiny books :D

18. Recently, I've been looking for nice rope to fit my BJDs for photo fun.

19. Mine is a Roman Centurian helmet. I haven't put much effort into the search for the helmet or armour because I don't yet own the doll, but I think I'll end up making or commisioning his entire outfit. That scares me--even my simplest sewing projects look like they were made by a blind orangutan--and it's probably the reason I haven't hit "Buy" on that doll yet.

20. I can't say there's a lot I consider weird, I'm pretty open-minded regarding accessories for dolls. We're shopping for dolls after all. I guess the weirdest thing might be some transparent boots? I guess that's clothing, but I consider it an accessory because boots aren't mandatory for my collection. :XD:
      Yep, I've been trying to find transparent doll boots for the longest time as a gift to a friend. Still lookin', lol.