1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What about your "database" of your dolls ?

Mar 28, 2011

1. I have an Open Office spreadsheet on my computer with this type of information, yes. The dolls I own and am waiting for are listed in the order I bought them but my wishlist (second half of the document) is sorted by company. It's similar to what's here on my DoA profile but with more depth (jointing, eye size/color/type, wig size/maker/color, etc...).

2. I just record when I get a girl on a Google docs spreadsheet. I use it to compare ages. I have a "+__ months" column after the date, which just notes the time gap in between each girl--it's meant to discourage me from buying the next one too soon.

"Just try to hit double digit months at least!"

3. I can be very OCD about these things so I have a semi-extensive database of my own with details on almost everything; measurements, sizes, prices, sellers, specific items they're going to have, pictures of every little thing, comparisons, other itty bitty little details... each doll has their own folder with all these in it, plus the 'main' database where everything is listed... ^.^;

4. I don't have a database of my dolls. I don't have that many - and of those, I know the relevant details, like company, brand and in which year I bought them.

5. I do keep such a list, but it's mostly so other people can see what I own, and to help myself remember who painted each of my dolls. I don't have any trouble remembering their molds and companies.

6. I maintain two lists - a brief one on my website with small thumbnail pics that briefly covers names, sculpts/companies and their relationships to each other, and a more comprehensive page on my blog which has larger photos, listing each doll in order of arrival with sculpt/company, details of their face-up, and a little more comprehensive bio. I'm intending to edit it to add dates of arrival and year of manufacture (as several were bought off the MP/ebay). It also lists dolls I no longer own and where they've gone to.

Like Kiyakotari, I don't maintain these lists for my own information but for others who might be curious about my collection. I do have all their anniversaries listed on my Google calendar though.

7. I used to write them down but now I use my DoA profile to keep track. I do remember them but I have more than I can count one hand so it takes me a minute to list them all.

8. I do not have that much doll's but I do have a word document, where I write the dolls measurements in. Because that is important, that you have the right size. So when I spoil my doll's I open that document and I can see what I can buy...!!

9. I don't really have a database like april, but I try to keep as much information as possible about a BJD, especially about accessories (wigs, eyes, outfits, etc.). But I think it's an interesting idea if one day I need to sell one or all my BJD (eve if only got 2! lol).
      Very interesting idea, thanks for sharing! ^^

10. I need to update my list. I have my DoA profile, and what I have at LJ, but I also have a notepad document, and a table with certain things in it. I really need to expand on that table and get all the information together.

Especially now that I have...45...dolls...

[head meet desk]

I never thought I would get that bad. At least I have a doll whose character is as bad as me. He has a box full and is currently sitting with three posable plastic dolls from Play Wonder. And I tell everyone that the Blythes are actually Finney's, not mine. >.>'

It's true, I swear.

11. I wish I had started one! That's NOT nerdy, that's practical!! If you ever need to sell, you have all the info there for you without straining your brain. :-P

12. LOL I hear you...I never EVER thought I'd get near 30 let alone over X.X

and I have a doll with a rubber ducky collection and a penguin collection XD
      Cause those aren't mine. Not they're not. >.> <.<

I've always kept track of my dolls here in my sig and profile. I think it's handy for others to know what everyone has...especially in the MP. I will say that reading this thread has made me want to get a database together of my own. I started it this morning by copying my DOA profile into a word doc XD
      I've been neglectful about arrival dates so I've been combing through everything trying to find records of them! Is not easy. I've always wanted to get nice pictures of every doll I own and put their stats and character descriptions in a LJ journal to have as a ref tool that I and others can link too. That's the ultimate goal.

13. I'm "OLDSCHOOL" and prefer to keep it in a notebook....I really love to write (with my hand) still!!!!!

14. I will probably start one soon (I have just one doll right now), since I plan on making most of my dolls clothes. I will probably make sure to note their sculpt and maker and date I purchased them along with their full body , head, eye and feet measurements.

15. Well all the technical info like wig size clothes size who the faceup is by is in my head. All my dolls stories however and some other info I plan to store on my website im making ^^

16. I'm with VampireAngel13. Just reading this thread makes me want to get a list together. I don't plan on selling my dolls but, just today, I had to track down Rai's wig and eye size and that was just irritating. Especially when I had to go past MoC (who I'm glad keeps order information) and track down the eye size I ACTUALLY have in him now (which is one size smaller than default). So, I may have to do something about that. This is actually a great idea. :D

17. Actually I have a database including my every doll on a Finnish ABJD site. It contains info about their molds, skin tones, sizes, wigs, eyes, purchase dates and arrival dates and about their character names, backgrounds, personality and something they like and dislike. I also have that same database saved on my computer too. It's easrier to remember every detail if I can check them any time if I forgot something.

18. I should try this, though I really haven't found a need for my doll's measurements because I haven't bought anything in a while. Plus, I only have one doll. The only thing I really make sure of knowing is the arrival date because she's my first BJD, and I'm making that her character's birthday. I still know her eye and wig size, and what kind she is. Maybe you're more apt to remember if you only have one doll, and it's your first? IDK

Strangely, though, I still remember the day I ordered her - but I think most of that is because I was kind of freaking out about how long it was going to take to get here.

19. I thought I was the only one who did this!! XD

I've got Voodoo Pad Wiki, an offline wiki-making program, and use that to keep track of my dolls, the wigs, the eyes, the shoes, the clothes, but also their character profiles, cosplay plans (which will never happen, lol), information about the doll companies I bought from, etc etc.

If my mom ever finds it, I'll be crucified-- I kept note of the prices of everything, too!

20. I have for one a spread sheet on excel with all my dolls and their measurements and then fellow similar sized dolls on the spread sheet just above them. This is handy if I wish to see if say Dollmore clothes will work for a certain sized doll I have or if just the tops will work or just bottoms. It saves a lot of time also in sending measurements for custom stuff. It's basic stuff, but I have at least 3 of any given companies doll body. Like I have 3 Dollstown boys on the 15 yr. body. I have 3 Blue Blood Dolls all same size, and 5 Littlefees. They can share clothes shoes, and if one item isn't ones style maybe another can wear it.