1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What about your "database" of your dolls ?

Mar 28, 2011

1. I love the idea of doing this! I have some stuff noted down, but not nearly everything. I want to compile a comprehensive list of all of their measurements, wig sizes, eye size, clothing and shoe sizes, etc, as well as a list of items I still want to get for them. I keep meaning to do this but haven't yet found the time.

2. Oh, I totally have one of these. I love to database! I do it with all of my projects. Although I record details about my current dolls, arrival dates and measurements and so on, it's even more useful for my wishlist because I can compare all their details on one page to help decide which ones need to come home first ^__^

3. I'm just starting to do one now...it's taking forever...but I'm glad I managed to find all my info on my early dolls...

4. I recently compiled a list of every arrival date (livejournal and fedex records). I used that to record some stats on The Horde as a whole (for example, my collection is 74% female). I have short bios on my 2005 to 2008 arrivals, but I fell out of doing that, obviously.

5. I just have two dolls so I can pretty much keep their info in my head. I DO keep a paper folder though where I keep their paperwork, write down that info anyway, and keep any receipts I have for them. I’m a dork when it comes to hard-copies but I probably should digitize that stuff soon too…

6. Hmmmm, i currently have names for them and thats it. They dont have stories or background whatever. I kno some people love these extremely intricate stories but im not into that. So pretty much no. Everything i kno i keep in my head, though i wanna lookup when they were received by me so i can kinda give them birthdays. =/

7. I have now managed to finish it...Phew! It took most of the day...but it was quite interesting to do, not least with the fact that Paypal goes back at least to 2008!:lol:

8. It'll be a long time before I have trouble keeping track of mine, but I actually have been keeping a database of the dolls owned by everybody I talk to regularly online and stuff.

9. I keep all my doll information (date of arrival, facemold, how much I paid for, where it came from...) in a spreadsheet.
      One tab for each type of doll since I have more than just BJDs.

10. I write the information somewhere.... but as I started keeping all my messages I do not really need to remember.... though I did keep most information a little everywhere on the forums I go to.

I should keep it somewhere though.... I am more interested in where I got a doll and when as I have moslty second hand dolls.

11. For the most part I don't write anything down (as I only have three dolls and it's easy to keep track of my more important things like arrival date, company, sizes, etc) but in the past I made lists of every little detail, as well as all details for dolls I hoped to get in the future.

12. I keep very percise info of my dolls in a note pad doc on my computer. Along with simple things like sculpt etc, I note down every item I buy for them and from where it came/how much it cost. This is mostly for if I decide to sell anything in the future though, more than it is actually keeping a database. <A<

13. I try to keep track of their arrival date and if I had a custom face-up, but I wish I was better at keeping track of the eyes and such I use for them and where they came from. My oldest doll here is over five years old, and that's a long time to remember the brand, size and color of every eyeball or whatever that I have, heh. I used to have a paper list of everyone, but the list has changed so much that I stopped. I keep track of their arrivals in my flickr now when I start their photoset.

14. I don't really do this. I forget sculpts and all but ones faceup artists all the time. It doesn't much bother me, though, aha XD

15. bagofspiders this is brilliant. I have a ton of eyes and only a partial clue where they came from, keeping a note in flickr or photobucket would be easy and convenient!

16. Wow... I am nowhere near this organised:)

The most up to date database I keep is my DoA profile and even that occasionally suffers from a lack of updating. I have a relativley high rotation rate, which I hope will slow down. I am running out of standard editions to sell.... but I keep a list of current and sold dolls in my profile.

Otherwise I don't keep track of anything- when they arrived, who the sculptor is, or anything.

17. I'm really into keeping detailed lists and records (Microsoft Excel is my best friend)! I love to have organized data. Recently I started putting together a free wiki for our doll family (*points to signature*), as well as a spreadsheet; the wiki has fun stuff like arrival dates, eyes, wigs, and faceup artists. The spreadsheet, when complete, will have a record of dates as well as costs...eventually I'll use it for insurance purposes.

I also try to keep a printed copy of the receipts, also for insurance. If you're going to do that, store them in an envelope or folder- normal printer ink fades! @.@

18. I just realized that it'd be good to list the info of their wigs and stuff. So thank you! XD
      I had started making an enormous list of the dolls I'm going to get and their personalities already though XD So the other info fits in neatly.

19. Yessir youbetcha! I have an ever-changing list of my crew. Including their default wig/eyes, where they got any customization done, etc. If I can I try to hyperlink to all the items (especially the doll's sales page). I keep it in a Word file. Much easier than trying to keep paper lists up to date. The list for each character looks like this:

Name:
      Mold:
      Birthplace:
      Race:
      Sexuality:
      Job:
      Features:
      Wig:
      Eyes:
      Disposition:
      Abilities:
      Quirks:
      History:

20. My boys are floating at about the same body size so clothes isn't a problem for them...The only pain is the big hands that SD17 has= =............I do list down my dolls' profile,character,face up etc on my deviantart and blog :) I need to keep track since my memory is pretty horrible >.>"
      but I don't track it for shopping purpose,I only do it for character and name and face up purposes :)