1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What about your "database" of your dolls ?

Mar 28, 2011

1. In huntuing down information about the doll I want I get my handy dandy note book out! It has all of her measurements and the cost of x, y, and z from all kinds of diffrent sellers. It also has a loooong list of clothing I'd like to get her some day, and I'm working on a list of face up artist/materials I will need to take care of her and the like.
      It does, acctually have the beginings of a profile in it too.

Name:
      Personality:

ect...
      I do this less to remeber, but because I like writing stuff down, it makes it feel more official to me. I think of it as more of a dolly journal than a data base though.

2. The only database I keep is their arrival dates as their birthdays. Those are apart of the folders that house their pictures. Otherwise, anything else about them is kept up inside my head. xD

3. I have an EXCEL spreadsheet of their measurements for when I purchase eyes, wigs, outfits, and shoes.
      Their names and date of arrival I keep in my profile.

:chocoberry:chocoberry:chocoberry

4. I keep a word document that has all the info on each doll and future doll. This includes but is not limited to:
      Name + basic physical info
      Sculpt + faceup artist
      Bio
      Personality
      Back-story.
      And several handy dandy pixel representations of the character in question including kiss dolls, drawn images, and pixel dolls.
      There is over 25 characters I need to keep track of, even ones that will not be dolled, and I have dates and ages and such that corresponds to certain events in one or more characters so I need to have them in an easy accessible place so when writing stories and dialog I don't accidentally put contradictory information. Its incredibly helpful to me, if amazingly dull to others.

5. Now I have a blog!

6. I only have one doll right now, so it's easy to keep track of everything in my head. He used to be in an RP and there he had a character profile, but it's not something I keep track of anywhere else. Although it's been so long since I got him that I forget what wig and eye sizes are for which size dolls, so luckily I don't need to get new eyes or hair for him. :sweat His hair and eyes go with his character so he's not a doll I'll ever change the appearance of.

7. I keep a list... of sorts. Things like "birthdays" and a short template to fill out for their profiles, what sites have the best clothes and wigs (in my opinion) and what eye and hair colours I want for the developing character. I've got 9 full dolls now, and plans to turn all 8 heads into full dolls soon, so it's a lot to keep track of just in my head. I've always liked the idea of having a website for my dolls, and I use that to store all the information on their characters as well as photos.

8. Post-It notes. :whee: Is there anything they cannot do?

I write down only each doll's name, sculpt, model/version/release information, and arrival date, and I write them on Post-Its. The "database" is a wad of probably 5 or 6 Post-Its, stuck together in a wodge somewhere in the back of my eyeball-bin. It is not the most exacting nor precise of databases, but it has mostly what I need to know.

I don't write down anybody's profiles, origins, character notes, etc.; that's all in my head, and it's all subject to change anyway.

9. I can remember most of it down to the exact dollar but I have lots of doll sizes and get stuff from lots of places etc. >.>

10. Yep! I love to organize my stuff so I have a system of folders for each doll and things I want to get them based on the character on my computer. It's a folder with sub-folders for eyes, wigs, bodies, faceup ideas, inspiration and the like-all labeled properly for the character. I also include a "game plan" saving sheet too to help me keep track of how I need before I can buy the next doll and the details. For the actual character, I have a document for each character explaining their history and such.

11. I don't have as many dolls as you all seem to, so I mostly keep their profiles in my head. :3 Though I do have profile documents to help me flesh out storylines and blood relations and such.

12. I keep nearly all information in my head (like their sculp, their wig... ) but I have a word document on my computer with their purchase date and their arrival date :)

13. My information file was getting too long, so I have it split. xD I have one file that keeps track of order dates, arrival dates, prices, and the like; that file also doubles as the list of dolls I plan to order or hope to find eventually. One file keeps track of things I want to order (wigs, eyes, clothing, shoes, etc.) for each doll. Another file keeps track of everything (non-doll, like the wigs, eyes, etc.) that I have ordered, what I paid, where I bought them, etc. Yet another file keeps track of doll measurements. Finally, the last file keeps track of character/profile information. ^^; I find it's easier for me to keep things organized if I don't have to hunt through everything all together. I do like to be organized.

14. I actually don't do that, I can't remember every brand of clothes! I often buy used stuff and they don't even tell me where the wig or eyes are from most of the times...
      I do keep in mind where I buy stuff when I do it myself though. But its all in my mind, the only thing I write down is names and arrival dates.

15. The majority of mine is in my head - I need the list in my sig/profile sometimes to remind me of the one I'm missing (lol, I always forget one or two!) but generally their stories etc are mostly in my head. I do occasionally start to write things down in elaborate, novel-like chapters, but then I prefer to keep it in my head as it bothers me if I have one fact written down only to change it down the line in my head and not change it in the document >.>

As for sizings, I find DoA searches and google to be my friends :XD:

16. Oh I want to do it but it seems I can`t ever get to it. But I will write a database to help with my memory.Soon.

17. At one time, I kept a spreadsheet of dolls I owned, had already ordered but not arrived, and dolls I wanted. I also kept a list of outfits to purchase. However, it kind of depressed me so I deleted it. I can remember most of what I need to know about my dolls, though I'll admit that I don't remember the exact dates they arrived without looking up the date for the box opening pictures.

18. I recently started writing stuff down about them. Basic info and about their persona. But I'm not really that organized.

19. Uhhhh, notebook only for now. I would like to expand it and add photos in there too.