1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you planning for your dolls?

Oct 28, 2017

1. Here is the link!

And to get back on topic, I too am doing NaNo with my dolls, and I’m also planning to piece together a few of my major characters, through an impldoll order and a dc/dz order.

2. Next in line for all of my dolls is a major wardrobe overhaul! A couple of my girls are wearing the sort of thing I'd like to see them in, but the others are just wearing whatever I thought was cute. Now that I look at them, none of them have any kind of consistent theme...Once my next two girls arrive home, each of them will be receiving a new closet one by one!

3. I have a couple different doll goals right now-

+ Figure out how to unstring and restring my dolls
      +Figure out how to get my dollzone Iris's head string out so I can reattach it
      +Saving up for wigs
      +I want to get jointed hands for one of my dolls but since it'll be like a 7-10 month wait to get him (I'm guessing) I think I'll wait a little closer to when he arrives!
      +Buy underclothes for my lillycat doll
      +Planning to try to make a few doll accessories
      +Sketching dolls I'm waiting for to get an idea what kind of style/faceup/wig I want them to have
      +Planning to give my Ellana a doll manicure

4. Getting Dia more casual clothes because I’ve been rethinking her story. Also building up my boys wardrobe before he gets here

5. I am still waiting for my first BJD but I plan for her to possibly have horns! I either want to buy some or sculpt my own horns and attach magnets. I want my girl to be a dreamy demon/oni type babe.

6. I want a BJD with horns one of these days, probably for shelling different characters from the current set I was looking at shelling. My guy characters might be a bit more difficult to shell because not all of them have standard body types... but hey, I can just pad the clothes! *punted*

7. I'm planning to get a new body for my DIM Flora head. She is currently on an AOD body, but it doesn't pose very well at all. I plan to maybe get a Dollzone body for her!

8. It took me a very long time to get my first doll to look how I wanted him to so I'm planning on expanding his closet at the moment. For my second yosd, I have a lot of work to do... I need to find a proper wig, eyes and clothes for him based off of his original concept and also figure out how I'm going to mod one of his legs mimic an ornate wooden leg. It'll be a lot of unknown territory for me, but I'm excited to see the end product! It'll just take a whole lot of patience.

9. You should check YouTube for tutorials! I'm pretty sure most of the strings connect to the hands and feet, so if you unhook those the doll comes apart easily.

10. I'm currently planning on rehoming the majority of my collection and focusing on just making the remaining few as "perfect" as possible.

11. Still planning different styling stuff and mods. I've finished a bunch, but I have some major stuff left that I should probably get a move on before the weather here gets too cold... @stelmaria , I just finished a pair of magnetic horns for one of my girls who's also an oni! :3nodding: It was a little frustrating, but in the end I think I did a decent job of making them work.

12. In no particular order major my plans are:
      -acquire wig and make outfit for my Mirodoll Mika
      -work on rooms for my dolls
      -figure out the sculpt for the last of my three primary dolls
      -order my 2nd and 3rd primary dolls
      -try not to get attached to too many other dolls until the ones I have and have planned are in a good place

13. Thanks for the tip! I'm pretty nervous about it honestly since I've never taken one apart.

14. I just started a layaway for one of my grail dolls and came back to DOA after a long hiatus. I’m mostly trying to sketch up a faceup plan for when my boy gets here and have his clothing/wig/eyes all ready so that all I’ll need to do is get his faceup and fantasy parts blushing done.

15. Loafing around a bit, looking at some of the cheaper dolls. Waffling over whether to do the face-up myself or go to someone else for it. Decisions are hard...

16. Sewing sewing sewing! I actually have time to do it now, so both of my girls are getting some new clothes! Bridget may even be getting the leather jacket I know she needs to have at some point, and Amelia needs some real pants she can look cute and casual in. They'll both be getting other basics as well, it's been weirdly hard to find the simple stuff I need for them.

There's also faceups being planned! Amelia will be getting a new one soonish, and my Wol head will be getting his first once I get a shipping notice for his body.

17. I’d suggest going “whole hog” here. Get the doll you are going to be thrilled to own, regardless of it takes a few more months to save for/find. You will be happier in the long run.

Can’t speak for the face up matter since I don’t know how artistic you are to begin with. :sweat

On my mind is the current sale from Dollshe and how much I can justify spending. After that, eyes! I am in need of 6-8 pairs of small eyes with specific patterns. I tried to commission someone, but she backed out after keeping me waiting for a month, so phhhhhht I will just make them myself. Time to buy a printer anyway, as I have about six papercraft projects I have been wanting to tackle.

Then... Christmas! I have been wanting to do a cute Christmas photo story setup for several years and until now never had the space or time. Mulling over what else to craft for it after I finish these polymer clay cookies.

18. I'm also becoming aware of the value of high-quality things hehe. I originally planned to throw cheaper things onto expensive dolls until later, but now I'm meticulously planning color schemes for sculpts on my wishlist so I can accessorize them nicely outright. And I'm willing to be patient in regards to acquiring funds to do so ^^

In list form: (because typing this out makes me excited to follow through!)

-Sand down the neck, restring, clean and dye Alina's yellowed body
      -Buy a fabric marker so I can attempt sewing a Hanbok
      -Repaint AS Alina and blush hands/feet
      -Decide which doll to get next so I can order two pairs of Mako eyes at once

19. Eyes: I am forever searching for perfect eyes for my dolls. I don't know if that search will ever be over as even when I have amazing eyes, I want more.

Blushing: All of my dolls need blushing. I just feel intimidated by the process, but also sure this is something I can learn to do.

Shoes: A couple of my tinies need new shoes.

Wig Making: I want to learn to do this. My Soom Fairy needs a new wig.

Restringing:
      My Soom Teenie needs to be restrung. It doesn't seem like it would be hard but she's kind of cute as a rag doll.

Face-ups:
      I need to send more heads away for face-ups.

New Dolls? A part of me is so ready for a break from waiting for new dolls and buying them stuff. Whenever I see a doll I want, all I see is the search for perfect eyes, shoes, wig, clothes and so on. I just want to finish what I have! So, no new doll plans.

20. Now I'm thinking about whether I want to shell my current characters still, or try to make new ones for the dolls. Myou Doll has some lovely boy dolls that I'm not sure would fit my existing characters. Decisions are still hard... Got to look around some more.