1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Proud Of?

Mar 14, 2019

1. My photography skills have gone from trash to slightly less trash! :lol: Perhaps one day I'll even be okay at taking photos. The photography side was always something I was more interested in just as a way to share my doll with friends, so I actually was surprised at myself for starting to care about how I was taking pictures. I'm still not good, but I'm definitely working on it!

I'm also proud of getting back into crafting/my creative side in general, which has been pretty neglected for the past few years. There are obvious doll-related crafts like making eyeballs and wigs that fit my weirdly specific vision, and I'm working on fashion designs again ( sometimes I even consider actually sewing them :P ). I'm finally getting all nice and situated in my new job, and it's given me so, so, SO much more free time than my last job. I'm hoping to actually sit my butt down and make a full outfit for my doll one of these days.

I really love this thread idea, by the way! It's so great to see what everyone is proud of.

2. I am proud of my dolls being my favorite. In other words, my Soom Dia is my favorite Soom Dia in the world, I like my Crobidoll Sinbi more than other people's. My dolls are exactly how I want them to be. I have no envy of others' dolls...only admiration! :chibi

3. This is a weird thing to be proud of but I’m actually proud of myself NOT caving into the newest FCS that volks opened and ordering F35 even though I want it so much. I really want to spoil the two Borys I have right now and see if it’s possible to go to Volk’s doll event before trying to get any more mini sized dolls.

4. I’m proud to be able to join this community and to start my BJD journey!
      Only have a few girls so far but hopefully ill be able to proudly make clothes for them! :)

5. I was actually just thinking about this the other day and I realized that I'm actually really proud of how far my Yuri on Ice!!! dolls have come in becoming those characters. Hehe. Making them has been a real journey and pushing them closer and closer to their anime images has also pushed me in how I go about styling my dolls in the rest of the hobby. So the other day, I just got new glasses and modified them for Yuri (they look sooooo much better than his old glasses) and, on a lark, I decided to scrounge up an old photo of him to compare. Well, I found an old photo and...I was shocked!! Both he and Victor just...looked so much better? Even though, looking at it, I could tell that I had spent time on that old photo and I had spent basically no effort to snap a quick new photo on my phone, the difference was really obvious because the dolls themselves just looked a lot better now. And...I was just really happy about it! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I'm really proud of how my sewing skills have grown since starting the hobby. I mean, I wasn't too bad before... but sewing for these dolls has really helped me level up! I spent the week picking away at a new dress for Hyacinth and it came out so nicely with hardly a hiccup!

7. It makes me very happy to see people taking steps to be creative! I've been fighting anxiety a lot over 'if I make something, it has to be perfect; if it is not perfect, then I should chop off my sinful hands and go live in the sewer forever.' so I would be proud of the fact that I overcame that, and learned how to sew a tiny elasticated waistband!
      It is not perfect, but it is important that I tried and I learned! :dance

8. I'm proud that I've finally made real progress on my boy's lacefront wig. I've been working on it so long, it's unreal. But I think I am finally more than halfway done, and I might even finish soon.

I'm also proud of deciding to bump a doll off of my wishlist and bringing my collection back to my original limit of five on-topic dolls Temporarily, probably, but it will be nice to finally get a break in buying. Here's hoping I can stick with it.

9. Generally I'm proud that I've managed to learn so much through this hobby! I've learned to work with resin (making eyes with a silicone mold), sew, tailor/make simple patterns, 3d sculpt and heavily improved my photography and sculpting skills. I'm no master at any of these things, but just knowing that now I can actually do all this stuff I never would have dreamed of a year ago is pretty neat.

10. I just restrung two minis without pinching my fingers. Yay~ I dislike restringing, so I feel like I'm on a roll.

Also, finished two crocheted jumpers for my Volks MSDs. All they need now are undershirts which I'll be sewing tomorrow. :)

11. The harness for a hip holster I've spent the last couple of days working on for one of my bigger [buffer] boys. He's technically off-topic, so I won't mention his sculpt name here.

The harness is more of a prototype right now, but I'm still proud of it. I don't sew often and, when I do, it usually turns out crummy, but this has come together beautifully.

I can't wait to do more sewing for my dolls! :)

12. Big thing I'm proud of: more or less sticking to the wishlist I built when I started my bjd hobby and planned out the general shape of the collection I wanted to have, and as of the end of last year, completing the bulk of it.

Smaller thing I'm proud of: using tutorials from Den of Angels to successfully overhaul a body recently. I did a de-yellowing dye bath and sueded a body using real suede instead of glue, both for the first time, and the whole body came out great.

13. I'm proud that I'm not afraid to show pictures of my dolls here anymore and am getting better at doll photography. I know that even if people don't like them they're not going to say anything mean.

14. I'm proud of not giving in to impulse buying when quite a few heads I'd really have liked to have popped up in the Marketplace. I've really tried to set a strict goal this year for myself of completing more dolls and planning better for the remaining few on my "must buy" list instead of getting derailed by instant gratification pretties.

15. I’m proud of myself for finally finishing the diorama I’ve been working on for the past 4 months. I still have to make some small props and such, but the majority of everything is done and I’m so happy with how everything looks.

16. I'm proud of myself for finally starting to do faceups and make wigs for my floating heads.

I've never made SD-sized wigs before, which gives me the perfect excuse to practice now.

17. Proud of buying dolls in my budget range, so I don't have to do layaway. Although I missed a lot of dolls because of that, it is still a better decision.

18. I’m proud that after two years I finally figured out what the “easy touch” method of changing hands meant for my Volks girl.:doh

19. I’ve tried doing faceups, sewinf clothing, character planning, story planning, character sketches etc. I’m most proud of my story and charcter accomplishments as i am happy to say that i have created my original characters that each have their unique characteristics

20. I am proud because I don't rush myself anymore to buy my next doll. My second will be a girl, my own character, and I just want to be sure about the right doll.