1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you saving for?

Aug 2, 2018

1. I'm currently saving up to put Dollzone's Nan on layaway! I wanted to buy her secondhand because of DZ's wait times are a little scary to me because I'm so impatient, but I think DZ's layaway scares away so many that there is not a lot of them available secondhand it seems! So I'll just have to get her myself! Then after that I'll be saving for Maskcat Lisette or a body for my Alva head!

2. man what am I NOT saving for? lol.

I have a lot of stuff incoming this year that needs all the acutriments.

3 DIM heads all will need bodies of course.
      Wigs for them and the two heads I have here with bodies already incoming.
      Eyes
      Shoes and outfits for multiple dolls

It's all a bit crazy really. You end up spending almost as much on the wigs and eyes and outfit as you did the whole dang doll!

But I also plan to purchase a couple of Doll Leaves dolls this year when they have their next sale event. But I doubt i'll be able to afford any more dolls till 2021 at this rate. I'm trying to prioritise the whole wigs/eyes/outfits/shoes thing.
      Gotta be good.

So:

Linden needs shoes and a proper outfit
      Twilight needs shoes and a blouse and a wig and some eyes.
      Choma needs a wig and outfit and shoes
      Sebastian needs shoes
      Unnamed new girl needs outfit, wig, eyes, shoes (the wig is the expensive part, curse me having a specific look in mind bah)
      DIM 3 need bodies, wigs and outfits and may need eyes depending on whether anything in my existing stash works or not.
      Wig for Julienne when she finally gets here. Also dye, she's getting dyed black.

And then I think that gets everyone all finished at last.

I'm hoping to get a nice chunk of change for my birthday I can drop on doll stuff.

3. I'm saving for whatever doll my shell of Ireena from my dnd campaign ends up being. She's narrowed down to a super light tan Juan or Ji-in, an Angell Studio suntan girl on the 58cm body, or a tan feeple60 long-leg, even though I promised myself no more f60's ( I really don't like body repeats...). Iple Rexy was in consideration for awhile, and Aria, but I don't really think they have her build, and they end up really expensive in special real skin (+100, apparently). NYid dolls on the MP might be considerable, but not until I see Aradia, to see what the size gap would be.

Also saving to buy my Twigling Eloy a body, because he's gorgeous, and he's basically illuminated my passion for male dolls again, after getting down to one male doll in the house. I'm thinking Dollshe mystic. RIP.

4. Since I went a little wild with saved money and am currently waiting on 3 dolls I decided to take it a little slower and save and shop for fresh face-up and watercolor commission supplies now. :sweat I’m pretty excited about practicing on that new Luts event head!

5. I'm starting the saving process all over again...

First, I need boots and the right wig for Jack, and I will no doubt wind up spending a lot to get him kitted out with all his adventuring gear. And then I've got to build up the dolly fund to buy him his long-lost husband.

6. Currently saving up for some knitting needles and yarn to knit some clothes for my new tiny. I'm also gonna need some funds for shoes, hats, and bags. I'd be saving some more for props, too, but sadly don't have the space right now.

7. Stuff to make props for a 1/3 doll that I don't feel confident making myself (a lute, rings, other metal or wooden objects, etc.)

I always said I would only have one doll but I already feel my resolve weakening. XD

I will try making my own hats out of felt/covering them with fabric, my own shoes with the same method or with scraps of leather.

8. Once things settle down, I want to save up or find a used Migidoll Jina to make into a cosplaying BJD for my fave anime boy.

9. Currently trying to get funds together to get the last thing I need done to finish one of my dolls: a faceup. I'd like to start practicing and doing my own faceups from here on out, but this girl needs a pro faceup for sure.

Though the goal is much much more long term... I'm feeling antsy to get the next 2 dolls on my wishlist, because they're of the nature that I would need to pounce and get them when I can. So I'm working to get some funds together for that just in case!!! I did find several good listings on mandarake for one I want so much right now and unfortunately all I can do is try to make some money and hope they don't sell before I can get to them!

10. I am saving up for a Fairyland Realpuki and that was my only doll planned for this year but I have just discovered another doll that is absolutely perfect for a character and I had dreamed of one day finding so I may have to also plan to save for that too :) lol

#210 Booksandtea, Jul 5, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    11. Dollmore Kid Geoul Boy, he will be my first BJD ever! With face-up, body blush and a second set of eyes and a wig to start off with. :blush

12. I'm saving for a tiny ^^ Right now I'm pretty set on Maskcat Doll's Joy but I could change my mind.

13. I’m saving for any next super gem.

14. Dream Of Doll dolls if I can find them in the second-hand market (and I wish to find them !) and the next BJD will be a Dollchateau Sexta head B)

15. I'm saving till I have enough to make a big purchase of clothes for the whole family and eyes for the newcomer, but I may add shoes if I find cool ones that will fit my Vito guy (which I highly doubt but dreaming is free xD).

16. Currently, the White Rabbit from the LaTi Yellow Alice in Wonderland release. However, I don't think I'll get the $$ on time for the deadline :arainclou

17. I'm saving up to buy a PashaPasha doll. They're so lovely, but so pricey!

18. I’m saving up for Sakura miku or any of the sailor moon Dollfies depends on who comes first

19. My next doll purchase will hopefully be a Rumpledoll Jade when she is released!!

20. I have one more layaway payment on an off topic porcelain doll by doll Artist Rustie than I want to put 2 Trinity dolls, a couple of trinity doll stands, some outfits and wigs and trinity high heeled feet from Dollmore on layaway.