1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your ongoing plans and projects for your current dolls?

Jul 21, 2020

1. So I have a lot to mostly buy rather than do. I am getting all Luts Tiny Delfs. I have 11 so far and I have 9 more to go. All together I need:
      • 9 more dolls
      • 20 wigs
      • 16 shoes
      • 9 more dresses
      • 20 socks
      The big thing that I'll try to do outside of buying is I'm going to my hand at making wigs. Mozekyto on Youtube makes it look so easy but I know it's not going to be. But this way I can have wigs that don't have the problem of showing off their big foreheads. And I can also match it their outfits a little better. Wish me luck.

2. My current plans are to save up for a Resinsoul SD size girl as my first BJD, they're pretty inexpensive which is good because I'll also be buying the eyes, wig, clothes, etc... I'm wanting to make a dollhouse for her as well with four rooms. It would be exciting to have the rooms be removable from the house for easier photography too. I love tiny things, so I want a little tiny world for a tiny girl.

3. Right now, knitting a scarf for my bigger (off topic here) Alice. Since the scarf she took from my smaller Alice has now migrated on to Nicholai. It's just a strip of fabric, I could easily cut off another one but I'm too lazy to do that, so I'm knitting her one. Yeah, I know ... :P

4. I am working on several decoupaged boxes I will need for dolly accessories and fabric... that i will need to use to make dolly clothes. It's a loooong WIP, let me just say :D

5. I am saving up for two BJDs currently. I am in process of researching and planning clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes etc for them while I wait.
      I am also planning a roombox for one of the tinies and renovating my dollhouse for the other one.
      So generally just research and planning which isn't as fun as actually having a doll but I do seem to like the beginning of a project as there are so many possibilities.

6. I've been making some clothing and minimal furniture for my first doll whos on layaway rn.

7. I'm actually pretty anxious because there's so much on my doll schedule but I have ZERO time due to a full-time job and a young son.

I'd love to learn how to sew clothing for them but that's pretty time intensive and it's sad to know I can't just relax and have a go at it.

I also want to thin out the collection. I think I just feel overwhelmed in general. I love all my dolls but most of them are just eyecandy. I doubt there's more than five that I have an actual connection with right now.

My current 'project' consist of creating a character around my white skinned 30cm baby. He's completely blank, eyeless and naked so I decided to try and 'finish' a doll for the first time ever. All my dolls are pretty much blank clean slates and I kept buying more because I wasn't feeling fulfilled. I think it's because I was buying for a 'collection' and not for actual living breathing characters.

I'm proud to say I bought my first wigs and some clothing items today. I HATE the fact I have to wait for everything in this hobby and pay customs on everything. That said I can't wait for the items to arrive so I can see them in person.

8. I am learning how to sew and make eyes for my dolls! I'm going to be honest, I'm mostly doing it to save funds. However, it's going pretty well so far, and I'm enjoying how rewarding the process of making stuff is. I've also recently purchased some supplies to try and make my own wigs, so hopefully that turns out well :sweat.

9. I'm a kind of perfectionist as I don't consider buying another doll before I finish the appearance of my current one. As for my plans, I want to make or buy bed linen and a nice armchair for my doll's roombox. I would like to order a roof for it too, as it is an open one, and I would like to give it a finished look and protect my doll from sunlight. And autumn is approaching,so I want to buy a coat for my Dollzone Miss Kitty, and some cool acessories for Halloween too.

10. Wow l have a lot to do hehe....

I need to get Rini's arm's, bust and hands.
      Been working on the diorama furniture

With this pandemic going on l have way too many hobbies.

11. I've started a bunch of wigs, but only plan on finishing two by Nov/Dec for a holiday shoot.
      In Oct I'm going to start sewing shirts and doing simple faceups (lip tints and eyebrows).
      I have materials to make sofas and hope to complete one by Nov.

12. The dolly buffet (I use a literal buffet as my doll display area) is full. The larger dolls are all seated, and I cannot afford quality stands for all of them.

So I am plotting on making a stand display system. Make a bunch of stands that will be able to be attached to a massive base that will cover the majority of the buffet. This will allow my "coupled" dolls to be closer together than regular stands would allow for.

Each stand will be able to screw into either the massive display, or onto smaller individual stands for going to meets.

Still tinkering with the details of how to make it all work.... Perhaps I will make a project journal for it. :)

13. I have so many projects and layaways all going on at once *_* I guess I'll go by doll, since I don't have that many?
      - AS Daniel/Miro hybrid: desperately needs to be restrung and I'm thinking about redoing his faceup.
      - Unidoll Cupi: she's done! I'm not going to be changing anything about her for a while.
      - DiM Larina (OE and HCE) + Loongsoul body: I have to dye this girl, which means dyeing her body and the two heads that share it. I'm planning on doing vitiligo, so I'll be using liquid latex during the dye process (which I haven't done before.) She'll also need identical faceups for both heads. Nightmare. I might end up commissioning them lol.
      - SMTB Dohwee: poor guys needs a faceup and some clothes as well as a restringing... he came all loosely strung and I haven't been able to get the tension juuuust right. Still looking for someone to commission his outfit from.
      - Pygmalion Eita: paying off his Dollshe body and waiting for his boyfriend to get home so I can send them both off for faceups.

I haven't been able to do a faceup since February, the humidity and heat where I live make it impossible to do them except in the later months of the year. Once the temperature starts to drop, I'll be doing all of my projects over the span of a few months. :XD:

14. I'm currently waiting on one doll to be paid off so I can ship him off to his new home, and another head to come in. I'm working on finding sculpts for all the main four characters in my story and actually getting all the details of said story and characters mapped out.

15. Ooh! I’m currently building a little 1-room dollhouse for my Lati Yellow. I even made and installed tiny working lights (my tech-savvy husband helped with the wiring and soldering). I had to take a break from it because work got a little busy recently, but I’m hoping to get the floorboards done tomorrow. :) Windows and porch next, and roof/shingles last!

I’m also going to get a DSLR camera for my birthday in a month, so I’ll finally be able to take some nice pictures of my collection too.

And lastly, I’m planning on buying another Lati Yellow (I love G.Yuri!), and a Bunny Bunny Pudding sometime soon.

16. lots and lots! I have a comic that i've been working on for the past year and I've been using my dolls as a sort of non drawing creative outlet. I have a couple wigs I need to make, as well as several outfits to make the doll counterparts match their characters. My Iplehouse Leonard and my Doll Chateau Bella have been my two main focuses as of late, with leonard, I just finished his mods, wig, hat, and face-up though I still get to make some armor, clothes, and an overly detailed jacket. My Doll Chateau Bella is probably my other focus project right now, she has some mods to make her more demon like and now that her outfit is just about done I get to experiment with making a set of fluffy tails and ears for her. It'll probably be weeks until either of them are finished though, then it'll all be about finding the next project.
      I see dolls as kinda like playing minecraft, the fun is in having a project to do!

17. I'm about to get my first gal in the mail secondhand. From the sellers photos she needs a deep clean and dye removal- depending on how that goes I want to dye her from tan to a deep brown!

18. Currently sewing some 'haute couture' versions of my characters' clothes, because their regular clothes are boring: hoodies, jeans, etc. I'm trying to learn pattern design with fabric draping, which is a lot harder than it looks but still way easier than flat drafting for me, since I have no sense of spatial reasoning :)

19. I kind of took a break from doing anything doll related in the beginning of the year but I finally found some passion and I’m excited to give my collection some love.

I recently purchased two more dolls and I’m trying to get clothes, wigs, and accessories for each of them. I’m this close to perfecting my only tiny’s character after neglecting him for months.

20. Oh, I have a few diabolical plots going :mwahahaLike buying gas masks and tracking down 3d scanners. The first is for faceups as you can guess - my first BJD is at least two month away yet, but I want to have the full kit ready, I will althou need quite a bit of practice with the brushes - haven't physically held one in over 20 years :ablink:
      I'm althou dead set on trying to 3d sculpt and print some shoes for her - the sculpting part is not a problem, I do 3d modeling professionally, but I never actually printed anything out - we have a couple of printing shops here, but I have no clue how good they are... Or what it actually takes to securely hold the dolls foot in the shoe - I noticed how many shoes for dolls end up with ankle straps, can't be just for visuals...
      Since we are at it - anyone by some miracle have 3d scans for Raccoondoll feet? I'd love to start on the modeling early :lol: