1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your ongoing plans and projects for your current dolls?

Jul 21, 2020

1. Long term goal is to have a proper storage space/photo area for them. We have a room that is sort of the storage area/display area for them, but we've realized we have way more dolls and need more stands and/or chairs/sofas for all of them to be properly displayed. We were gifted proper photography lights, but now we also need a decent backdrop for them or possibly a diorama of sorts. I have young nieces and nephews as well as have a decent amount of best friends with little ones, so I'm debating whether this space should be kid friendly aka child-proof to protect our collection or if I should simply invest in a large doll display cabinet. I kind of like having them hang around in random places around the house where we frequent the most, so I'm a little torn.

For now, it's just trying to clean up this room so it's less storage and more functional craft/photo/exercise place.:sweat

2. Wow, this is a great question!
      It made me realized that I have many doll projects that needs to be complete. I have two photography projects that going on at the same time: For Love & Honor and Summer Lover. I want to complete this and put the pictures together as Highlight on Instagram. Then I recently received walls to make a Chinese Tea Room (or other). I always wanted to make kind of doll indoor photoshoot set: one Chinese room setting and the other for living room and maybe Victorian style living room too. I will need to go to craft store to buy some fabric and other stuffs. To be honest, I am so excited about the Chinese room because I already starting to play around with it and I see endless possibilities!

Edited 8/15/2021: My Chinese room is nearly complete! I am in need of the candle holder to put my LED candle lights on. I am sooo happy on how my set turn out.
      I am about 70% done with the Living room/Victorian style room: painted and need more of final finishing. I am making progress!

#82 Lucid Walker, Jul 8, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    3. This is a great question!

I'm working on an original story for my dolls including huge diorama sets, home made wardrobes and VERY specific looks for face ups. Its going to take me years to put it all together. I kind of feel sick just thinking about it.

But man, when it's done...its gonna be like those sets for aardvark movies...except also my house XD. I was thinking about starting a youtube vlog to follow the whole thing as well so that's going to be interesting. Especially seeing as I do not have a camera at the moment, only the crappy one on my phone XD

4. Removed post because I think the heads in question may be OT. Appologies.

#84 dancingkitsune, Jul 20, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    5. For short term plans, I really need to focus on wardrobes and storage. I took a 10 year break and just pulled my old dolls out of storage this month, but can not find most of their clothes. :doh

I need to make all new clothes for my three old dolls, one new doll, and two incoming dolls. I’ve been figuring out designs and what I want to make, I’m hoping to start the sewing part in a few days!

I also need to work on storage for their items. Right now shoes and wigs are in boxes and bags all mixed together, I want to get everything sorted out and labeled by size.

My ambitious goal that doesn’t need to be done soon: make a couch, I already bought burnt orange velvet for the cushions :love

6. I am currently revamping their wardrobe, I figured it will help bring their personality out more. I've been taking photos of them, also looking around for a good light to use when I take photos. In a nutshell, just enjoying being back in the hobby again and doing things with them.
      The new clothes and wigs really helped. I just plan on taking more photos, I'd like to get better at photography.

7. I am currently trying to buy and make more props and furniture for my diorama. I first want to built a room for my main characters. My visualistics are mixture of something between fantasy witch cabin in a forest, Victorian era and Chinese Han-dynasty. Today I found a perfect cabinet in a thrift store, so I was super happy about that.

I am also waiting two dolls to come and have a list for few more dolls I would like to get, but probably won't before next year. I kinda want to get more clothes and other stuff to built my characters first. I also wish to also get a new camera at some point, my old camera seems to not be in the best shape anymore.

8. I am currently teaching myself to sew dresses and embroider them, I just finished one and I am doing a skirt.^^ I am just trying out patterns and embroidery techniques while building a basic wardrobe before buying the good fabric to do the main outfits.

I do have the beginnings of a pink knitted coat (I just have to attach the arms) that I need to get back to...soon.

9. Since a lot of my crafty stuff is kind of packed away I'm currently splitting my attention between my msd Vish and my sd Marjorie when it comes to bjds.
      I'm trying to make some things for Marjorie to wear other than the dress I made while waiting for her, and her underpants and bra I made shortly after she arrived. And for Vish I'm working on a DR.'s lab coat and some scrubs since he's been going with me for all of my medical appts and we have a surgery coming up in the near future. To accessorize these I'm also working out how to make him a few pens and pad of paper and a stethoscope.And
      I basically jump between these projects as my mood dictates. Eventually I need to get to work on wigs for "Janus" since he's currently borrowing one of Marjorie's and though it technically fits it isn't what I want for him.

10. Some require bodies (waiting for two at this moment) but the majority need clothes and shoes. Hoping to get back into my sewing mood to make my own clothes since most of my dolls are on the harder side to find clothes for. But I'd like to figure out what each of their personal fashion styles is first. Ohh and wigs might be good too. *_*:eek: So much to do! So many plans! :sweat

11. Short term I'm practicing sewing and would love to make something I like to take to the meetup next month!

Long term, I'd like to get better at wig making so I can have something that looks nice and sits well around my dragon Po's horns. I also want to try the dezombifying serum on my elderly Rao and learn how to confidently restring my beebs.

12. back stories.

13. Long term project, I've been planning on outfitting a bookcase to turn into a 1/4 scale diorama for my mini crew :) As of right now, I lack the space to do so but hopefully I'll be able to do so in the future. I've also been slowly working on a dedicated website to host photostories and doll-related blogs on.

Short term project, I've mostly been trying to get everyone at least 1 "signature" outfit- right now they're all clothed, but in things that I have laying around until I get a feel for their characters. I want to make wigs for some of them, as well was maybe improve the first wig I made.

14. I'm focusing on trying to complete the dolls at the moment before I impulse buy anymore :XD:
      That includes:
      > Buying one SD boy body from fdoll
      > Getting two new msd bodies (one boy one girl), the boy from Dollzone and the girl second hand since the body I want (the leekeworld art body) is discontinued
      > Deciding if I want to sell my Mirodoll girl or just give her major mods/a new body
      > And finally getting eyes, clothes, wigs, ect for all seven of my dolls

...... It's definitely a long term project haha

15. I want to eventually get a new renewal body for my Lati Yellow, Estelle. Other than that, no big plans because I'm a broke af college student who needs lunch money and gas lol

16. It wasn't on my 2021's plans, but it looks loke this year I'm going to sew a lot for my oni family. I seldomly sew, but I don't know, I just want to make new outfits rather than buying them. It costs quite much in fabrics and others supplies, but less than buying clothes XD. I also have wigs to craft (also for my oni clan).
      I am in the process of completing my Elfdoll Yuan's custo. She was waiting for some tats since 2016 ^^'.
      I wish to work on my Dollstown Elysia too. I've make an outfit for her this year, but she needs a new faceup and I'd like to create an helmet/mask for her.
      I said I will work on my Elfdoll Euna on Souldoll Shiva's body, but it is no longer planned. Or not before this autumn.

17. Overall, my major goal is getting my photostory series started. The story has majorly changed from when I started it, and that's brought a huge bundle of changes to everything dealing with my dolls.

I'm actually pretty close to getting started on the first entry, but it's a bit of a process. I'm just coming off of an 8 year break, so I'm getting used to everything again, and I just got married and moved in to my now-husband's house, so I had to get myself semi-organized so I knew where everything was. My husband is super supportive of my dolls, but after years and years of my Dad's complete disdain for "frivolous and useless" expensive things that I was spending my money on, I have a hard time letting myself get accessories and stuff for them, even though my girl never got any proper clothes. I had to come up with a system to both allow myself to get stuff for the dolls, but not hang up my writing process waiting while I save up for the stuff (money is tight and saving takes a long time).

My system is that I am allowed to purchase one "accessory" (this stands for items, clothes, or even services like body-blushing) per actual photostory series entry. This time I bought a messenger bag/backpack (and a dress for the next doll I'm going to get as I need her for the story). Now I just need to finish cleaning the basement of our house where the first story photo session will take place, get the story written for the session, and actually get the pictures taken.

18. Now that I have 3 MSD sized dolls, I need to come up with a storage system for their clothes. And make everybody more clothes. I'm currently trying to edit down my collection a bit so I don't have to spread my attention between so many unfinished dolls.

19. My goals are to decorate my BJD display with furniture and add to the dolls clothing collection, by only buying pieces made especially for the doll I'm dressing. No more buying pieces in the hope that they will fit. I've ended up with loose pieces that I don't like and that don't fit well. I've just bought three pairs of shoes/boots from Etsy sellers and I'm so excited to receive them. I'm also waiting for a free shipping sale from a favourite seller as the shipping costs as much as some of the items. Maybe also add a couple more dolls! I really want a baby BJD, more so I can get some furniture and props for it, than for the doll itself.

20. Everything! Just everything!!!! I am making, eyes, wigs, clothes, accessories, doing face-ups and props. This also helps to pass the time while I am waiting and trying not to look at new dolls.