1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What attracts you to comment on picture posts?

Jan 10, 2010

1. I comment because I wanted to say something...

2. I like beautiful images, but I like original thoughts better. Of course I cannot resist expressing my admiration when I see a real work of art - a meticulously painted and dressed doll in a cleverly set-up scene, well photographed. But a clever and amusing photo concept will always get my praise, even if I don't particularly care for the sculpts or outfits.

3. I'm not much of a commenter, I just lurk most of the time, but if something really catches my eye I'll comment it. It also depends what mood I'm in, whether I can be bothered to or not. So sometimes its just a bit spontaneous. ;)

4. I usually go on the gallery and open up on the first page every thread that appeals to me so I end up with a lot of tabs open. I'll tend to click on threads with sculpts that I like or are done by people I know tend to do great pictures or if they have a lot of comments. I have to admit I tend not to click on threads for sculpts I don't like very much.

5. I'm a simple girl; give me a pretty doll in a pretty photo and I'm transfixed. I don't care about originality, really, as long as it's pretty pretty pretty. :D

6. I tend to go for sculpts that I like or catch my eye, but what really gets me to comment is the poses... oddly enough xD;
      I like to see natural poses, rather than almost a barbie-like stance~
      Even then, I tend to lurk more since I'm a ~bit~ shy when it comes to actually posting |D;;

7. I comment if something honestly strikes me as interesting and comment-worthy, and those reasons are too varying and fickle for me to list. :P I open threads based on the title (funny/sounds/interesting/type of doll), or reply count, but only reply count if I don't have much time and I'm just looking for some nice dolls to look at really quick before class or something.

8. I got up this morning and clicked here first, cheering. I'm glad people find this as interesting as I do. I love finding out people's thought processes!

9. Something that I like to post on is when someone asks a question of opinion. If I am asked to share my opinion, I will do so tastefully. I try to stick to the golden rule when online, "if I were receiving this comment, how would I feel about it?" something like that. I like to be nice and encourage people to keep making the improvements that they want to, and sometimes one comment can be rude or be perceived as being rude and it will discourage the person from ever posting again. What I like to post on... REALLY ADORABLE tinies are kind of my obsession, Crobidoll, Lolitas, dolls with unconventional colors of hair/eyes, generally things that really catch my eye.

10. I definetly think that sharing an opinion should be both honest, and straightforward, but also that there is no harm in being nice.

Now if I saw something that actually offended me? I'd speak up. But it has yet to happen with dolls. The most I have seen is dolls I don't like, or dolls that need work.

If I don't like something, then I don't comment! I don't really see the point in spreading negativity, and when my opinion is just based on my personal preferences, it's not actually important that the person know about it.

And if the doll needs work, or improvement? I comment on both the positive and suggest how they could change the negative. I don't think you should be afraid to offer criticism, because constructive criticism is a fantastic tool to help evolution of a person's creative abilities.

11. 1: Originality!!!. If it's a doll with an original faceup and an original outfit and well photographed, I don't care what sculpt it is, I LOVE seeing originality. I'm crazy about it. If it's memorable, I comment. If it's just another *common/overdonethinghere* that I won't remember seeing, then I usually don't bother.
      2: Quality of work. If someone's made a great, however small, achievement in some aspect of their doll or the way they showcase it, I will usually say something.
      3: Realism: Cause I like realistic sculpts or cinematic style photography or what have you. Just my preference.

If I don't have anything nice to say, I simply refrain from posting at all.

12. Beautiful face. Plain and simple.

13. I'm most likely to post if I'm impressed by something in the images (either the doll/outfit/face-up or the photography itself). Sometimes I also post if there aren't a lot of comments, but I still really like the shoot. Oh, and I nearly always comment if I know the poster outside of this forum somehow.

14. /shrug.

I comment if I especially like something.

The way a doll is posed, their face-up, or maybe if I have the same doll and want to know the wig/eyes/clothes, or just want to know how they got that position for the doll!

It's random.

15. I like to comment on photos of dolls I either have, wish I had or just like in general. That's what first draws me into looking in the first place. To comment, I also take into how the photo was done. If it moves me in any way, like I'm thinking it's soo cute, beautiful, awesome, or just simply creative. I guess basically make me want to say "wow that's so cool/neat".

16. Interesting topic =3 .

A big factor on what I even look at is that I 'like the sculpt'. And by 'like the sculpt' I mean 'the only sculpts I ever look at or bother with'. This includes Blue Fairy Tiny Fairies and MinoruWorld Juniors. That's it. XD Sometimes I'll click on/look at other stuff, but it's usually random and kinda' rare. I find a lot of threads by peeps posting links to their own gallery threads in the Blue Fairy thread itself =P .

As to whether I comment... I'm a big lurker, and on DoA specifically I'm an even bigger lurker than I usually am when it comes to commenting on other's art/dolls. I feel strongly in being honest and giving proper criticism along with compliment, because that's the type of comment I appreciate. Generic 'that's nice' comments make me feel cheap and like I'm lying (I appreciate the gesture when I get them, but I don't like giving them) .

The things I feel most compelled to comment on are the photos that really impress me in some way but still could be commented on in other ways than just 'I like it', such as criticism or suggestions on other things they could have tried. I won't, because most of these pics are in the gallery or elsewhere and such blasphemy is unallowed outside Critique (a super-turn-off to me), but those are the only ones I usually itch to comment on.

Pictures that are so perfect there's nothing else to say, I feel that they should already know they're awesome and there'll be plenty of people to reconfirm that. Pictures that are so plain or riddled with amateurism and lack of effort are a turn-off because I don't want to just point out a bunch of mistakes in an unsalvagably no-merit photo.

Oh! Right! And I do feel a lot more compelled to post in threads with less comments. Those with more have already had a lot of the things said, while those with less have nothing. But by 'less comments' I don't mean less than 10. More like... 3 or less. XD

<3 ali

17. I'm offended very much by that for my photos makes comments 2-4 persons though in the next theme with very ugly photos can be very much comments. In my opinion, I do quite normal photos... >_>
      Sadly (((

18. I tend to click on the links of sculps I admire but don't have. I comment sometimes but not always because some days I don't feel like talking even is I love the images. On other days I make a point to comment on images I like because I want to give good feedback. Great Lighting, composition, and color balancing will inspire me to leave a remark.

Lately I have been looking and commenting more on Flikr because it is easier to preview someone's works before you click. But I still love DOA!

19. Don't feel offended. Remember that some members have been with DOA for a long time and they have created many connections within the community. That could be why.

Also, if you would like more comments a great way to get them is to leave them for others. That way people get to know you and they will remember your name when you share photos. :)

Good luck and don't get discouraged.

20. Isenn, thank you =)