1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What attracts you to comment on picture posts?

Jan 10, 2010

1. I wouldn't take it personally. Gallery threads seem to move pretty quickly. I know when I'm going through the Gallery I'll refresh every few threads I look into and see there have been comments or new threads since I last checked.

Because I have a rather poor memory for this sort of thing, this can lead to me looking at a thread two or three times in a night because I'd forgotten the title of the ones I'd looked at and it can lead to me accidentally skipping over a thread I hadn't looked at yet. I wouldn't doubt this happens a lot - where good photoshoots are accidentally overlooked because of people commenting on other threads.

I never make it past the first page when I go on my looking/commenting tours. It's just too active and when I get to looking at the same threads I've already seen, I get sort of irritated and give up. ^^;

2. I dunno. Um~ I do tend to comment on things with lesser comments, because I feel less likely that I'm being redundant and more like the person with the thread will appreciate my comment.

But it's not post count that gets me completely. The picture post still has to interest me, has to have a doll I find attractive, be funny, whatever.

3. The Duchess, thank you too =)

4. I tend to lurk more that comment in gallery threads, but there are definalty a few things that draw me to comment:
      -if i'm completley blown away by the outfit/photography/doll/photoshoot in general.
      -the story, if i'm looking at a photostory. If the dialogue, posing, and photography are all great, and the story itself keeps me interested or makes me laugh or cry or anything, i want to let the person know i enjoyed their post.
      -If the dolls involved are molds i like. I'm probably more likely to look at a thread with luts/fairyland dolls over one with volks or dollzone, or various others, since i dont like the sculpt style as much. its like reading a comic or manga, if i dont like the art, i'm not going to be too into the story or gallery.

It always makes me sad when i post galleries that get few or not comments, and its really disheartening. I like to comment where i can, because i know how much it means to me when people comment on my stuff. Thing is, i can't think of anything good to say half the time, whichis why i dont comment much. I dont want to be the one saying "great pictures! Pretty dolls!" because to me, i always feel like that comes off as kind of unobservant, and i'll admit that sometimes when i see posts like that i wonder if the person really looked at the pictures or read the story, or they're just looking to up their post count >>;;;

5. Generally I don't post, but sometimes I'm compelled to post on really well taken pictures. Like, the doll itself has to be attractive, but what gets me to comment is the composition of the photograph itself. If it's a well-taken, high quality picture it really helps me to notice the beauty of the doll itself, as well as attract me with a nice pose, pretty colors, cool effects, etc. If I see an exceptionally lovely doll, though, I will comment if the picture itself is good or not.

6. To me, I leave a comment if something really struck me, or if I wan't to cheer up a newbie, or if this is my good friend that posts and this is one of our ways to communicate :) Sometimes, though, I'm a newbie myself, so I comment a lot as everything seems new and exciting.

7. If the art stands out to be I will post, But I don't often look at the gallery or photo stories areas of DOA.

Unless I am waitinf for a doll, then I will look at every user pic I can get my eyes on!
      I know that while I am waiting for my Chrom, the box openings where a must to each and every one of them!

8. I am pretty unbiased when I look at the gallery, I pick randomly, look at the dolls and tend to leave a comment. Every sculpt is unique in their own way and it always fascinates me what people do with them! So for me it's always interesting to see and comment. :)

9. I look for dolls I know and enjoy in the titles and when I see something that has a certain light to it, or when you can tell the owner really put effort/love into the photos, I usually comment then. Whether I think the pictures are ok or if they're phenomenal....<3 sometimes I feel the doll is not to my tastes, I don't comment so as not to offend anyone...@o@ It's kind of a social thing too..like if you want to reach out to the person who is reaching out to you through their doll...

10. I don't comment here that much, but I do a lot of commenting on picture posts and I can see that I do have a pattern. I only comment if there is something about the doll/pictures that attracts me in some way. Doesn't have to be because it is very good pictures, but I'm super interested in photography in general so that often helps. But sometimes it's because I really like the person, or I like the sculpt or company. Most often it is about photography though - I'm sorry to say. How many comments the person already have has little interest to me really. I might not bother to comment if they already have 50 comments saying exactly what I'm thinking, but other than that number of comments rarely has any effect on me. ;)

11. I don't comment too much, mainly because the language stuff, but I do watch lot of galleries.

For me it comes down to a pair of things: First at all the titles. The gallery title MUST be interesting to get my attention. Why, it get's more atractive for me something like 'Doors of Destiny' that 'Yay! My doll is so cute!'
      Of course it is just my personal opinion.
      The second reason than makes me enter to that particular gallery is often the mould. I often look at those galleries that have unknown moulds for me, or unusual ones, or just when I am looking for an specific kind of doll.

The number of comments and views can have a clue of the quality of that particular gallery, but I don't usually mind it.

12. I feel the same way about commenting on the "just about perfect shots," and not only because they have pages of comments already. I am really not interested in those pictures, other that to look at it, say "wow" and move on. I prefer shots that are a little out of the ordinary, and I don't care if it is a little blurry. It just has to make me smile, or think new thoughts. :D

13. In general any picture post in the gallery or box opening forum is going to have about 5 times more views then comments.
      There are just so many posts, no one can look at them all, much less comment on them all and actually have any sort of life! So first one has to choose what to LOOK at, then if there's time and desire, perhaps make a COMMENT on a few...

What will make me LOOK--
      1. Interest in a Sculpt (includes Company, skin tone, size--whatever I happen to like)
      2. Interest in Topic of Thread (a good Title)
      3. Interest in Artist or Person posting

But what causes you to comment, in a doll specific area?

1. Spectacular photography or artistic effect. Or wonderful outfit or props, etc.
      2. Whim; I just feel in the mood to post something.
      3. Supporting a sculpt or look or owner that I like or feel something in common with...
      4. Someone who asks a question that I can easily answer. (e.g. "Which wig looks better?")
      5. Someone who may answer a question I have (e.g. "What wig is that?")
      6. Interesting poll of some sort
      7. Something really cool or unique that I must respond to!

Advice to people who want more comments--

1. Take the best photos you can--take some time and care and that can make a difference.
      2. Ask a question or make a poll or try and get some interaction... not just put up photos and sit and wait... Commenters need some help--something to say! Some indication of what you'd like to see in a comment. If you don't care, then just relax and let the photos speak for themselves--that's fine, too.
      3. Respond to people who comment! If people ask questions--answer them!
      4. Have a good title and put correct info in subject so people looking for your sculpts or themes or styles can find them.

14. In general any picture post in the gallery or box opening forum is going to have about 5 times more views then comments.
      There are just so many posts, no one can look at them all, much less comment on them all and actually have any sort of life! So first one has to choose what to LOOK at, then if there's time and desire, perhaps make a COMMENT on a few...

What will make me LOOK--
      1. Interest in a Sculpt (includes Company, skin tone, size--whatever I happen to like)
      2. Interest in Topic of Thread (a good Title)
      3. Interest in Artist or Person posting

But what causes you to comment, in a doll specific area?

1. Spectacular photography or artistic effect. Or wonderful outfit or props, etc.
      2. Whim; I just feel in the mood to post something.
      3. Supporting a sculpt or look or owner that I like or feel something in common with...
      4. Someone who asks a question that I can easily answer. (e.g. "Which wig looks better?")
      5. Someone who may answer a question I have (e.g. "What wig is that?")
      6. Interesting poll of some sort
      7. Something really cool or unique that I must respond to!

Advice to people who want more comments--

1. Take the best photos you can--take some time and care and that can make a difference.
      2. Ask a question or make a poll or try and get some interaction... not just put up photos and sit and wait... Commenters need some help--something to say! Some indication of what you'd like to see in a comment. If you don't care, then just relax and let the photos speak for themselves--that's fine, too.
      3. Respond to people who comment! If people ask questions--answer them!
      4. Have a good title and put correct info in subject so people looking for your sculpts or themes or styles can find them.
      5. Always be friendly and polite. No one likes whining or people who feel sorry for themselves or angry at being ignored when nothing like that is happening. Friendly and open is always a good thing!

15. The two main things that encourage me to leave feedback on pictures posts in the gallery are Humor and Life.

I think the shinning purpose for all doll photography is to take something that is not real, trying to be real, and MAKE it real. To bring life into something lifeless. So when I see a photostory or even just pictures that make an ordinarily lifeless doll truly seem real and alive, I take notice.

Another thing is humor, regardless of if your doll seems truly "alive" in the pictures, I always spare a comment on something witty that can make me crack up when I'm having a bad day.

16. Uhm, okay..
      If I like the mold,
      If the pictures are funny or really beautiful
      If the doll looks gorgeaus,
      And I like to follow certain members :)

17. Well, first of all, the title must be interesting. If in the title is too that dolls mold, it's better because then I can see too, do I like that mold already. And when I watch those pictures, I try to make some critique. Usually, I don't have any. So, when I don't have any critique, usually I don't comment anything but if the photo/doll are amazing, then I tell that.

18. Um...nothing really special. If I really like the pictures I'll comment!

19. Well as the gallery has too much threads for me ^^' I usually post comments on specific gallery threads:

- photos of dolls I like (sculpt or characters, that is not the same thing ;) ).
      - photos of users I know.
      - photos made by face up artists or photographer I like (even if I am not a fan of the dolls).
      - threads with strange/interesting/unusual photos or regarding dolls that I don't know, but only if I like the photos and the dolls (if I don't like them, I avoid to comment).

I would have time to comment many other threads but simply I don't have it... :(

20. I usually post when I like a doll and photos. If one of them is missing, I won't comment the gallery.