1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What attracts you to comment on picture posts?

Jan 10, 2010

1. I comment if I like the picture and have something NICE to say! :) it has to be good though

2. I comment for any of these reasons:

1) If it looks like the person put a lot of work into their photos/dolls/set-up.
      2) If the photos are moving to me in any kind of artistic/emotional way.
      3) If they have less than two comments already, and I can find something I like about their photos, because I too like to encourage people.

I don't comment if:

The person already has 47 comments, and they know their doll/photoshoot is amazing. because i figure just one more comment won't mean anything to them. I still appreciate it if it's something I like, I just might not always comment.

3. Ive been commenting a lot on Dollshe box openings since I am waiting on a Dollshe boy, so when they get their dolls...I guess I want them to know that I am happy for them and excited for them.

Galleries...I dunno. Usually I will only comment on something that really made an impression on me, something that made me stop and just...stare for a moment.

4. For me, it's several things. I often don't comment on the way popular posts. I figure one more comment after 50 others isn't important. There isn't anything for me to say that hasn't already been said. Threads with just a couple of posts usually get a reaction from me. I hate when I work hard on a faceup/outfit/photoshoot and get no comments at all. It's really discouraging, so I try to encourage others by commenting on theirs.

Also, it depends on the doll. To be completely honest, I rarely like popular dolls. Some of the sculpts that everybody and their mom has do absolutely nothing for me, and I just don't find the appeal. But there are lots of sculpts that are not popular that I think are just amazing! So I tend to gravitate towards them too. If I'm expecting a doll or planning to buy one, I like to look at owner pix of that doll and comment on it. It makes waiting on my own less painful. lol

It also depends on the photography. You don't need to be a professional photographer for me to appreciate your work. I actually really dislike a lot of photoshopped pix and want to see "raw" work. Though if it's fuzzy and blurry and snapped with cell phone and I can't even see details, I'll pass it over quickly without a second thought.

5. Lately, I've been drawn to dolls that are the same sculpts I own--I love seeing other people's takes on them! I like to leave comments on those threads especially, but I don't always have anything very new or original to say. I'll usually comment, though, if there's an outfit I particularly like, or a picture that I like enough to save it to my computer to see it again later. Or an interesting sculpt I've never seen before!

I also look for threads that mention new face-ups, because I love seeing what other people have done there. Plus, I think it's an extra nod to the artist to stop in and comment on their hard work, especially when it's someone here on the site.

6. When I have the time and am in the mood to browse, it is almost always by sculpt or company. Especially if I am interested in a particular doll and want to see more pictures. When I comment ist is usually because I have something specific to say about some aspect of the picture, or I just love the doll. There are a couple of dolls on here that I 'follow' and do comment on sometimes, even though they're crazy popular and don't need me at all. :lol: I don't usually think of that as a criteria.

7. For me, it really depends on my mood, sometimes I'm too shy to say anything. But if I do comment it's because something in the photo has caught my attention.

That's not to say that I don't like it if I don't comment though.

8. I comment sometimes because of the doll or sculpt. I feel more of a connection to the dolls I personally like. I post because I like what is said along with the pictures. I also post when it is apparent the doll is special and/or it is obvious a lot of time and thought was put into the photograph ahead of time.

I look at a lot of posts, but do not always have the time to post comments.

9. awesome lighting and clear photos OUO
      Kawaii and Cute dolls ~ or clothinG ` <3

10. I usually comment when something "impresses" me. Doesn't have to be a limited, pristine doll, or an amazing faceup...sometimes watching a WIP topic is what really drives me to respond.

I like substance too, and variety in topics. I normally do not post photos unless I am being informative, or have something good to show off, like things I have made. I need practice with a camera, so until I get the hang of doll photography and photo stories, I will lay low. I am also sort of shy. :P

I feel, good clear photos are what attract people, as that is what attracts me. Though, different strokes for different folks!

11. I lovvvvveeee pictures, so I'll look through them all anyway.... But what compels me to say something? Color, sharpness, and the background. Something bright and colorful will usually do it, even if it's a doll I don't know about or really want, more likely that than a dark, grainy picture of any grail doll of mine.

12. I'm really just a random commenter haha
      I just click threads that seem interesting and if they are then I comment c:

13. I am also a random commenter for the most part.
      Of course, whatever it is has to interest me to an extent which can be achieved through really well-done, artsy photos, a unique/beautiful face-up, something taboo, tattoos, anything involving cats or anthros in general, and if it showcases a doll I own or want to own.

14. The truth is, I comment when I'm in the mood XD sometimes I see very beautiful pictures but I don't comment because I feel lazy or I would be repeating what others have said.

15. I comment on the photos that interest me enough to make me want to comment. That is usually dolls that I have or would like to have but not always. Some dolls are still pleasing to me aesthetically even though I don't have or necessarily want them. Sometimes it is the way a photo is styled. I really don't analyze it that much.

16. I really wish the forum had something like the "Like" button on Facebook, because frequently I'll want to give a nod of appreciation to a photo, but feel that saying "how beautiful!" is inadequate or redundant (and doesn't really add to the conversation, or serve as a thoughtful critique).

As far as reciprocal commenting goes, I think that's sort of an icky motivation. If I thought somebody owed me a comment in return for one of mine, how honest or meaningful could those comments really be?

17. I've just started commenting on photostories, because I wanted to learn the etiquette of it first. Now, I think my rule is going to be that I comment when I have something original to say- there are going to be lots of comments saying "beautiful work", I want to be able to point out something specific I like, ask a question, or give some other unique insight.

I think it shouldn't upset someone if they have many more views than comments, sometimes it's difficult to find the right thing to say regardless of photography or story-telling skills.

18. I lurk in galleries often my self, not because I have nothing to say but more because I usually offer creative criticism, which some times isn't received well. So unless I see a "OMG SUPER SQUEE-LICIOUS!" Doll or item I tend to be quiet, unless they ask for input on their subject, then I become a fount of how too's and alternative ways of getting it done! :3

19. I feel bad for doing a ton of looking and not enough commenting. It's part of my personality not to say much of anything, even to things I really like. I'm quiet, and very negative-thinking XD. I try to NOT do that online, though, and try to obviously express that I like something. I also try to put effort into my compliments... say things that nobody has said before.. maybe even make someone blush happily. ;)

20. I often comment doll I want (and probably dolls I have if only I had more than one!). I'm also very attracted to photos wih a lot of accessories.
      IIt also depend of my time and the way I'm connected (I also check forum from my phone and it's too hard to comment whith it).