1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What attracts you to comment on picture posts?

Jan 10, 2010

1. I spend a lot of time just browsing through people's gallery pictures, and if I happen to like their style, I'll leave them a comment! I also like posting on people's doll arrivals/box openings, especially if not a lot of people have commented on their stuff. I think it's good to encourage fellow members to share more pictures of their dolls, especially if they don't get a lot of attention or have uncommon sculpts.

2. how "pretty" the doll is and how good the pictures are. i'm probably not gonna comment on a doll with ugly clothes/faceup and blurry photos taken on your bed.

3. For me it's definitely the ability to make me go "WOAH. That's actually a (insert mold name here)?!" When I find the styling particularly unique or beautiful I generally will add a comment, even if one part of the doll stands out particularly vividly (I think I've left quite a few comments just to mention the styling of the wig or really awesome eyes, for example). Although I've skimmed over some of the really professional-looking photographs just because there's not much I could say besides "wow, that's awesome!" or something that's been said repeatedly over several pages.

4. I comment when something strikes me, that's all. Generally I look for well put together dolls and well framed shots. Of course, if it's a mold I know I'm more likely to click the gallery link and be struck, and a lot of the time it's all about luck. I comment on threads that come up when I click 'new posts' more often than actually delving into the gallery on my own.

On Flickr I make it a point to comment on just about everything in my contacts I can find ways to appreciate, because I like to spread the love, but it's a lot harder to reach out on DoA because there's so much posted every day.

5. I'll comment if I just want to let someone know that their specific efforts were noticed and admired, from the doll's clothes, poses, photography, etc.

6. I'm another one who comments when I'm in the mood & have the mental bandwidth... it doesn't matter whether the thread has only 1 comment or 6 pages of comments. I am more apt to click on threads labeled with brands/sculpts I know I like. But sometimes I take a gamble & just click on an interesting title that tells me nothing. If the photos move me somehow, whether it's a gorgeous doll, an incredible concept, a powerful mood, or a lively set of poses, I'll comment... because I like the creator to know how the pictures made me think/feel/imagine. They don't have to be flawlessly executed photos or a pristine doll, either; sometimes I pick up some wonderful spirit from a set of photos of a barefoot doll photographed with a cellphone, with a cat & some moving-boxes showing in the background.

And it doesn't make sense for me to hold back my opinion just because there's already 6 pages of comments, either, just because "the photographer must know they're good"... doesn't feel fair to me because I'm sure those people like hearing something nice about their work just as much as the next person. Besides, they may have 6 pages of comments already, but they don't have MY comment yet. ^^

But there are many days when I'm just doing Gallery drive-bys, & viewing without leaving comments on anything.... don't always have the time/wherewithal, even if the photos are amazing.

7. To be honest I comment on just about anything.. I tend to gravitate towards threads that have less posts simply because I like reading through everything and when I see a thread that has like 20-40 pages im like OH GAWD NO. Plus I find they have already had enough admiration and maybe those threads that dont have as many comments just needs a kick start?

8. Honestly I've never really posted a whole lot... I'm just now beginning to post more often than I have in the past.

I like to post comments on all kinds of things, but right now mainly Box Openings. It's nice to share the happiness of a new doll with someone else. Looking at their photographs and reading their descriptions makes me happy.

9. I have to admit, I comment to let the person know I looked at them. So far, there hasn't been any pictures I haven't liked though.

10. I don't know, I'm obsessed with wigs. If it goes right and gives a lifelike impression I just cheer incoherently in the comments.

11. I encourage someone to post more of what is entertaining or educates me on dolls

12. I haven't commented on people's dolls here, but I do so frequently on other doll forums. Sadly, the first criteria is whether I have the time to comment, since I'll often have multiple webpages open at a time in the morning before work. After that, I'm more likely to comment on dolls I find pretty and on pictures that are just top notch. I'll on occasion also leave comments about new member's posts encouraging them, since no one becomes a great photographer overnight.

13. I follow a lot of the databases. I think it's encouraging, at first, but there comes a point when I don't feel the need to add my short post to the noise of other comments, or the OP was so long ago the poster has probably moved on to better things. I'll break this if something just blows my mind or I actually have something constructive to say that is more than "gr8 pix, [insert name]". Also, b/c I subscribe to a lot of database threads, I don't want to take up someone else's time to have them look at a thread they're following just to see another 3-word post.

This would make for an interesting study for a Psych project....

14. I look for ones that have hardly any posts or ones that just strike my fancy at the time with their names or the topic of the pitures.

15. Usually I'll comment if I love the sculpt or the way the faceup is done. I love the gallery because I love looking at the dolls on this form so much :sweat...

16. Eh, it depends on my mood, but generally I only comment if I find the pictures particularly beautiful / adorable / impressive. For instance, if it looks like someone's put a lot of effort into their pictures (be it with costume, posing, or whatever) I'll always comment.
      Also, if I happen to click on a thread made by a member I know, I'm more likely to post.

17. Usually I'll comment if I think the picture is cute or if the doll is wearing an outfit that I think is cute, especially if it is a handmade item.

18. I comment on the scult I love if the photos are really good in my point of view. I love emotionnal pictures, when I feels that there is a meaning behind the first watch.

19. I simply comment to express appreciation(: I generally only look at threads that contain pictures of sculpts I like, own or are familiar with, then, if the photos or customizations are done really well and to my liking, I'll make a comment to say how much I love the doll owner's work! I can't say I worry about things like how many other comments the thread has or how popular it is, I just go by personal preference.

20. I suppose that the first thing I look at is if the sculpt is something that I would buy, if it's cute or gorgeous.
      After that first impression, I look for awesome customizations our amazing handmade outfits.
      And if there is a good story behind, even better!