1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What can anyone tell me about Aoi Tuki?

Jan 15, 2006

1. I know.. but i heard someone got the body when he/she asked the artist for one.
      (well not got..but without a head) i haven't liked any of there heads to much up to now T_T...
      but maybe they will have a new heads around Christmas time ^_^ <3

with that i don't think they are really expencive.. (i mean..i love the body...490 usd is cheap if you look at it that way)

2. Just wanted to report that my Aoi-Tuki Izayoi came today, and she's a wow! Aoi-Tuki must have done *quite* a bit of work on casting quality and even parts of the sculpt since Barbara's doll was cast, because this is a beautiful, extremely well-made BJD. Her hands are lovely and delicate! The resin is creamy, smooth, and perfectly sanded everywhere. My only possible reservation is that she needs a bit of hot-glue sueding where her head sits on the neck, to make her head a little less inclined to wobble.

If anyone has been concerned about the quality issues that Barbara mentioned, I have to say I think that--judging by my doll--Aoi-Tuki has addressed them very, very successfully. Now I'm going to go play with Eriko some more . . . ;)

3. here's a picture of my Tuki head on a muse doll body

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Surely its a nice body, its quite big, and the heads look great too, too bad its always so difficult to get japanese stuff.

5. Oh, did you have trouble ordering from Aoi-Tuki? That's a shame! It was so easy when I ordered my girl through Celga, just a few weeks ago--maybe that's another area where Aoi-Tuki has improved recently?

6. That's the problem, you ordered it trought Celga, you can't buy it directly from Aoi-Tuki, that means a lot of additional money for Celga's fees.

7. How much did she end up costing after the fees, if you don't mind my asking? I'm just curious since I really love her body but would like to know how much I'd need to save up..

8. Oh, I don't mind a bit, but . . . I deleted the invoices after the package arrived, so I'll have to do a little estimating. :sweat

At Celga's exchange rate when I bought Eriko:

Base price (with gym suit, without wig or eyes): $527
      Celga fees: $ 60
      Bank transfer fee for Celga's payment to seller: $ 2
      _______
      $589 before shipping

Shipping from seller to Celga, then EMS
      from Celga to me: (this is the part I don't
      have good records on, sorry) ~$100 total

So $700 grand total is a pretty good estimate for the basic doll from the online shop, with the two shipping charges added in.

9. Thank you!! :)

10. Anyone know more about this post? I really just want the aoi-tuki body with the small breasts and big-ol hips. :love

11. I, too, would be interested in the body.

12. I ordered one of the rare Aoi-Tuki dolls from Celga's shopping service...the doll should be coming this week.
      According to the Aoi-Tuki website, I may have ordered the last Aoi-Tuki for sale there but there is one for auction on yahoo!japan.

13. Oh, no--do you mean that Aoi-Tuki is quitting? :( I didn't see any notice to that effect on the website the last time I looked. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean? Usually there are only one or two dolls listed for sale on the website at a time, and it takes quite a while for Aoi-Tuki to restock.

I did think the number of Aoi-Tuki auctions was decreasing over the past six months or so, and I wondered whether that might be a hint about the future of these dolls. But, then, Aoi-Tuki production has always been unpredictable.

14. I didn't see anything on the website either.. I'll be very sad if I missed my chance to get one because I spent all these months saving up. :(

15. The website is still up...I find all of this really confusing...I guess I could just contact Celga and ask them if it is possible to get one? I am seriously having doll lust for their adorable faces.

16. Celga *just* got me a replacement torso part from Aoi-tuki -- they were very nice and efficient to deal with, and Aoi-Tuki is definitely still in business.

17. This is a really really old thread, but just popping this up here as I recently saw a gallery posted of a doll with an Aoi Tuki body... I went to the website, it looks like they have a few auctions up? But you cannot directly order from them, at least through their site?

Does Aoi Tuki only do auctions, or is it possible to have a shopping service (like Crescent or Celga) order directly from the shop, exactly what you want?

And, did anyone ever find out if you could order just the body from there? Because I'm in love with that body.

18. Yes, of course shopping services can order from Aoi-Tuki's online shop, when there is stock available to buy directly. (At the moment when I'm writing this, the only item in the shop is the Harley Fat Boy--no dolls. But that could change at any time, of course.) And a shopping service can certainly inquire whether Aoi-Tuki will create a custom doll to the buyer's specifications, or sell bodies without heads. Since Aoi-Tuki has a link to Celga right on the front page of the website, it looks as if they/he/she welcome contact via shopping services.

If any of the posters actually checked into the questions about body-only or custom purchases, they didn't report back in this thread--so there's room for you to do some research and add information here! :)

19. I bought a body from her the summer before last using Rinkya. It was almost $500 with shipping and shopping service fees. They will contact her and then you will have to pay immediately. The body was ready in about a month and then Rinkya notified me that they had her and shipped her to me.

20. I'm trying to check through Celga about this right now (have a thread up in the Buying and Shipping Q's). I've been trying to find out for about 2-3 weeks now, because first the Celga person was out of town, so I had to resend it again and now still waiting on response from them. If I find anything out about whether bodies are still sold separately, I'll post it here.

I'm also trying to find out if Aoi-Tuki is still going to sell the Tukihime body with the small bust and the large hips, because they recently started marketing all their Tukihime dolls with the "TukihimeLL" body that you can see on their current Y!J auctions. The body has a very large, unnatural-looking, anime-styled bust which is completely antithetical to the natural look of the previous Tuki bodies. I really want to get the OLD body because the new one just looks like "oh, another boring anime body with fake-looking pumped-up breasts" to me. Seriously it looks like the doll got ginormous implants.