1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What can anyone tell me about Aoi Tuki?

Jan 15, 2006

1. Oh yeah, I saw that body too; not nearly as nice as the old body. That's why I bought the old one. I like the natural look of a smaller bust with curvy hips. It's so different than most of the skinny dolls on the market these days.

2. I really wish more companies would understand that a lot of us like the natural look for a female body rather than having it look like some cartoon fetish object. They seem to be getting the message just fine for the head sculpts, now it's time to think about the body.

3. That's exactly how I feel too, and the reason I was originally attracted to bjd's in the first place. If I wanted fashion dolls, I'd collect Tonners instead. It's not that I object to the tall thin girls with big chests (or smaller ones), but I like variety and options.

4. Oooo.Need.Very need.
      Finally,a doll that makes me joyous with natural proportions!
      The LL makes it perfect...The chest is a tad big in the ridiculous perky way,but in almost every sense-this doll is like me.I love it!
      What other heads do you think could go on her?

5. bunnydots, I could ask my boyfriend (who's Japanese) to email the company directly and ask about the small bust option if you can't get an answer fast enough. I was going to have him do that anyways whenever I got around to having the head I want the body for, but it wouldn't hurt to ask now. I'm really curious about it too. I wouldn't mind the bigger boobs if they didn't seem so fake. That was the beauty of the smaller boobs in my opinion, where else could one find a small busted, big hipped body except for this one? It was such a beautiful natural body. If they offered both sizes, I think a lot of people would be very happy. Best of both worlds.

Jesterina, I know there's a Lu-Wen head on the Aoi Tuki body in the galleries. Thats the only hybrid I've been able to find. I was planning on a MNM head personally, with no idea whatsoever if the proportions will look good :P. I just like the body so much. Doesn't hurt to try I guess. Good luck with your search.

6. I've ordered an Elfdoll head for my Aoi Tuki body. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives!
      She seems to be best suited to heads of a small to middling SD size- anything 9-10 wig size would look bobbly.

7. I have a Dollstown head on mine.

[​IMG]

8. bumping this thread up - esp looking for owner pics!

9. I would also like to see owners pics of the body with any doll head.

10. I WANT an Aoi Tuki! Head or body or both, how could I go about getting one? Is Celga the best way to go? Or, should I try Crescent?

11. I am ordering mine through Rinkya. I should have it soon. It was easy! I just emailed them about what I wanted with a link and they got back to me with cost, etc.

12. I bought mine through Rinkya also. They are very easy and pleasant to deal with. It took about a month for my doll to arrive.

13. Okay I didn't end up keeping the Elfdoll head, I went with a Migidoll Jina head, which is allllmost bobbleheaded but not quite. She makes it look good, though, IMHO. She hasn't had a good shoot with her head and body showing properly, but here's some teaser pics until then.
      This is Elinore:
      [​IMG]
      Frazetta tribute shoot- joints PS'ed out.

[​IMG]
      Faceup shoot, before I could make her proper clothes. She's not really 'wearing' that dress cause it doesn't fit.

[​IMG]

14. Wow I love your first shot Rosslyn....gorgeous!!

15. She looks great! I have a Dollstown head on mine.

16. when you say link, did you send a link to the Aoi Tuki website with the doll you wanted? Or did you need to use a link from yahoo Japan? Because I absolutely have no idea how to find what I want on Y!J.... If I could just send them a link to the doll on the website, that'd be awesome... OuO

17. When I ordered mine, I sent Rinkya a link to her website and asked them to ask her if I could order a body. In a couple of days, they sent me an invoice. This was about two years ago.

Edit: one thing, be ready to pay when you send them your request because they ordered her as soon as the artist got back with them and then sent me the invoice.

18. Ahh, awesome! Thank you so much linakauno!

19. Keep in mind also that you will have to get back with Rinkya after the doll gets to them to arrange (and pay) for shipping to you. It was about a month for my doll.

20. Rosslyn that first picture is gorgeous.

Linakauno what color dollstown head did you use for the body? I'm thinking about getting an IO elf head for the body.