1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Clothes Wigs fit BambiCrony?

Jun 1, 2006

1. In the old DoA cached stuff google finds, someone said some WTG Boyfriend clothes fit YoSD.

I know at least one person said WTG girl's stuff fit Limhwa ToYou well but ToYou is about 11-8-11 (in cm) and Bambicrony is 12.50-11-13.50 so BC is larger.

ToYou could barely fit in some Momoko clothes. Momoko can wear WTG girl stuff. For reference, there is a photo here of Momokos and another doll (WTG?) in WTG clothes:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jltohru/412818160/

And here is headless 1/6 Volks body, Soul Kimmy,Momoko,Barbie so you can see size difference between Momoko and Barbie:
      [​IMG]

The is a photo of dressed WTG's here:
      http://kitty-dollies.livejournal.com/2006/04/27/

And here there is a photo of Limhwa ToYou and a Barbie nude, and a bit further down are a bunch of measurements I gathered of commercial fashion dolls - this might be useful for comparison to Bambicrony:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59316

Carolyn

2. Thanks, Carolyn! It's a shame that the WTG stuff won't fit BC ... they've got such cute clothes! I'd suspect the accessories like the purses would be suitable, though. And maybe the jewelry, too.

3. I recently took a bunch of pictures of my Elf Pepe in Barbie clothes that I didn't think suited her personality if that helps. A good chunk of them are ones I bought at Target, Walmart or Big Lots, though some were from Good Will so I have no idea how old they are. All of these but the green dress close completely in the back and yeah some are tighter than others. Right now the only thing my girl wears is barbie clothes. *L*

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/onnawufei/xxx%20My Stuff xxx/onnawaffle/barbie/

(Ignore the lone Bittenbefore shirt.)

4. Is there a difference between regular barbie clothes and the MyScene barbie clothes? The MyScene barbie seems to have a wider waist than the barbies I used to play with when I was younger.

5. Here are the measurements of commercial fashion dolls I gathered a while back. It includes Barbie of some vintage and modern barbie/myscene - and WTG which I don't even remember having there.

Looks like WTG does have a big hip size so maybe some bottoms for her would fit BC. And according to the measurements I got, old and new barbies and my scene have the same waist, but the bust and hip measurements are swapped compared to old Barbie.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=764186&postcount=8

For comparison, Bambicrony is:
      chest - 12.50 cm
      waist - 11.00 cm
      hips - 13.50 cm

Carolyn

And a question... who makes colored thigh-high stockings and knee socks to fit BC? I have seen some colored handmade knee socks for Ann Estelle (I think) on Ebay - has anyone tried those? But I haven't seen thigh-highs.

6. I had a lot of questions about the porcelain doll dress that Peony stole for her arrival photos.

My mom found out today that there are some cheaper bisque porcelain dolls at the Dollar General store for $3 each! And their dresses fit BC perfectly! They are slightly wide in the waist, so I'd think they could fit YoSD dolls as well.

Thus, we made a quick trip to the Dollar General and bought an armload of dolls for under $10!

Here are some pictures of Peony next to the doll she stripped a dress from, and three more of the dolls in their boxes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dresses fit (even over the hands!), and so do the bloomers. The shoes and some of the hats do not. Some of the dolls come with accessories that are probably a good size (like bags and parasols).

The above dresses fray easily and aren't perfectly made, but they are nice for photoshoots and just sitting around in. You just have to be careful putting the dresses on and off. The socks could probably fit, but as you can see in the pics, they are not made well at all since they originally had shoes covering them.

The bloomers that Peony is wearing in the above pics (probably can't see them), came from a more expensive porcelain doll that was about $10 and came from the Florist where my mom works. The dress in the picture below came from a Russ Birthstone doll that's the same size as the above dolls. It's a bit better made than the above pics, hence the higher price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parasol is a christmas ornament that I got from GardenRidge.

7. I am having a lot of trouble picking out Barbie clothes that work. One stretch tube-type top hardly stretched at all and comes nowhere near closing in the back. Another top had what looked like fairly wide long sleeves but again it was made of stretch fabric that hardly stretched.

Carolyn

8. I've found that maybe 15% of Barbie clothes works. It has to be really stretchy--and as Carolyn.S says, even then, it's not a guarantee. Trousers are nearly impossible to fit, unless they're a very loose, short, stretchy style. (I haven't found any pants that will work, anyway... some almost go on, but will not close.) Most t-shirts won't work because the sleeves are too tight--even short sleeves--they are too tight at the arm-holes.

I've had some luck with stretchy short skirts and camisoles and tank-like tops and dresses in stretchy fabric (knits).

9. Cherry Doll Petite Ai clothes DO NOT fit the Bambicrony's. I bought a super cute outfit from Denver Doll in the Petite Ai size and my girl just swims in it. I've asked them to order the BC size and I'm sure that they will be able to do it. I hope I can exchange this outfit for the smaller size because it's beautiful. If anyone wants this outfit in a Petite Ai size let me know, if I can get what I paid for it seeing that it's brand new and all I would be happy.
      Vintage Ruffles

10. Good to know.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

11. Do Narsha or Sharmin clothes fit BC? Although Sharmin is probably a longshot because she is a mature sculpt...

12. Narsha doesn't. She's several inches taller. Longer arms too.

13. Do pullip dresses fir Bambicrony?

14. What size wig do Bambicrony wear?

15. 6-7" right?
      The head mesurements on the side say that they are about 6.2-5"

16. We have a thread on BC wigs here. :D

17. Some Pullip outfits fit but it's all trial and error. There's a picture request thread asking for BC's in Pullip clothes here somewhere.