1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What colors do you tend to buy in doll clothing?

Jan 7, 2017

1. It really depends on the doll and their character, but I find myself buying a lot of black and earthy tones for my boys, lots of mint, pink, brown and peach for SD girls and lots of pastels for MSD girls. I don't buy much for my yoSD and tiny girls, but what I make tends to be bright colors.

2. I've bought a lot of pink things for my dolls, despite the fact that I think pink is overused in the doll world. Pink contrasts nicely with my green Bobobie's resin while playing up her girly personality, and it'll look nice for the Minifee girls I'll soon have.

At the opposite end of the spectrum is my favorite color, green. I do have a few things for my dolls that are green, but not nearly as many things as I'd like. It's surprisingly fairly difficult to find green things for my dolls, so I usually resort to making them.

3. I lean towards black most times, but have been getting out of that notion when I got my HID. I'm too lazy to sew small scale so I bought what Iplehouse had a available that I liked!! I'll continue with black but color isn't out of the question especially when my Merlin from Ringdoll comes... he definitely is not a "black" clothing guy. Now with my other 2 guys coming, another HID & a Titan we will see, though I'm not sure...

4. Wow! It's great that everyone's dolls have their own distinct tastes :)

5. Well I haven't bought much, as in the past I spent all my money on dolls not clothing... and now I'll be making most of the clothing.xD However I don't think I have a set colour group? I have fabric and designs in almost any colour and style that I want to work with! My fabric bin is a rainbow of colour and styles! I can't wait to get a doll so I can start... :')

6. I think it depends on the character of the doll, but since I have an SD boy in tan skin, I tend to lean towards black or white as I think they suit his skin tone..

7. Black, it contrasts nicely with her pale skin. However my favourite colour is cerise pink so I'm currently looking for some clothes that colour.

8. To quote James Taylor, "The colors I choose are deep greens and blues..."

9. Olives and other muted greens seem to be my go-to whenever they're an option, otherwise I usually default to neutral shades such as brown, white, and beige. Once I build a sizable wardrobe for my dolls, I think I'll feel confident enough to branch out and go for more adventurous colors. ♥

10. I'd like to try and find earthy toned outfits.

11. I am not very experienced with resin, but I have read in several places that dark colors can stain the resin. I prefer pastels anyway though so just naturally stay away from darker colors.

12. Pastel pink and pastel blue clothes got me every single time. They are just adorable!
      Even though my dolls have their own colour scheme, I usually just go for my favourite colours anyway.

13. Black, grey and crimson dominate my doll wardrobe. It was not until I started collecting Dollheart Fer dresses that my color palate started to branch out.

14. The color of clothing I like definitely depends on the character!

I like white/cream/some pastel for Rhea, and for Rowan, well I'm not too sure yet!

I do really like earthy tones though!

15. I've been buying lots of blacks and greys for two of my dolls, since that's their general theme, with som sequins and glitter thrown in xD But now I've always been buy white, creams, coppers and gold for my new boy, whose head actually came in today <3

16. I prefer lighter colors for my dolls, especially pastels. x3 I just favor those colors naturally, and so I like seeing them on my dolls, and also, there's the added bonus of those colors not really causing any staining on the resin either, so I can keep them in their clothing. ^.^

17. I feel like this answer is reflecting the fact, I don't have a favorite color. :lol:
      I have clothes for my dolls in a variety of colors. I don't think too much about it, when I buy for them. I do, probably, have more black clothes, simply for the fact, that it's much easier to find. :whee:

18. In my normal chaotic fashion, none of my dolls have a color scheme, so they have clothes in all the colors of the rainbow and then some.

19. When I shop for doll clothes, I tend to like the ones that are either black or a off white/ cream colour.

20. I don't look at color first. I tend to look at design of the clothes first and then see what color options there are to decide from them. I have passed on items if I don't like the colors offered in the design I'm interested in. I tend to swing to more neutrals and jewel tones the most.