1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What colors do you tend to buy in doll clothing?

Jan 7, 2017

1. My girl likes pink and black mostly so l try to get clothing in these colors.

2. Same here--and, because of that, I've noticed I'm trending toward black and gray a lot. Or denim. Lots of neutrals. I keep thinking, 'Nooo, I like that shirt, but I already have a black/gray/white/insert-other-neutral-here shirt.' I know my guy (soon to be guys) won't care. . . but I do :/

3. For me it would be easier to ask what color I don't use lol. I pretty much use all the colors. I find a lot of mixed colors and patterns with clothes look really cute and I do shop the fabric samples area for that. I've been craving a rainbow hair actually. The only color I don't use a lot of would be purple.

4. I love green and white/off-white for girls. My boys get blues and greys.

5. I can't really speak to doll clothing, but I do buy fabric for my dolls. They seem to each have a type of color that they generally wear:

Pip: Pip wears dark colors and jewel tones mostly, although for her, my main concern is that the clothing be pretty casual. She's the only doll I have with clothes I have not sewn.

Orpheus:
      She wears more muted colors and fabrics that are more commonly available (denim, cotton flowersack, wool). Her colors seem to be red-orange/coral and blue, but she has a rainbow of other muted tones.

Eurydice: Her color is black, as well as earth tones (closer to brown than Orpheus), but she is made to wear both magenta and red (together) because they clash horribly with each other and her hair, which is a way to illustrate the divide between herself and her (adoptive) culture. She wears a lot of leather (biker).

Kore:
      Her color is white. She wears very lightweight fabrics (laces and chiffon, mostly silk).

Dollshe Arsene (not even a placeholder name yet): Her colors are silver, grey and black. Her clothing is very futuristic.

Hermes: He wears mostly white, heavier fabrics, with some transparent/clear accents. His clothing feels much heavier and more substantial than Kore's.

Hades:
      He wears jewel tones of really luxurious fabrics (velvet, brocade, etc), with so many patterns and colors that it gets tacky. Right now, his main colors seem to be red, gold, and purple.

Impldoll Nicholas (also not even a placeholder name): He wears pastels and his style is very preppy. His colors seem to be chartreuse, because I hate the color and I am trying to get myself to like it, pale pink, and yellow.

I have some other dolls, but they don't really have defined styles yet.

6. It depends on eyecolour for me. As most of my dolls are anime characters, they tend to follow pretty set themes as far as colour schemes go; drapery matching the windows, if you will.
      For my offtopic girl, lots of teal. She has beautiful, unique eyes that look like the sea, so I incorporate a lot of different shades of blue and blue-green into her wear. She looks good in white too, and lighter pastels due to her darker skin colour. She wears a lot of 'street clothes,' and tops that expose her shoulders.
      For my other offtopic girl, colours aren't determined yet (since I don't have her) but she'll wear a lot of dark colours and dainty, elegant clothing. Probably lots of classical Lolita outfits; like, actual Lolita, and not short-skirted low-busted lace monsters that I see on dolls a lot.
      For Super Sonico, she wears... mostly loose kimonos, chest-window white tops, and anything that is white because I'm completely terrified of her getting stained. Lots of white lingerie.

7. I mostly dress in black clothes, so I ended up reflecting this on my dolls. My last one will be a bit more colourful though. And I like pastel goth and lolita, too, so I may get some pastel clothes in the future.

8. I tend to dress them in pastels and colors I don't typically wear. Mainly because it makes them look so adorable, but also because I don't look good in lighter colors, and wish I could pull them off! :aheartbea

9. I end up buying a little of everything. However, I do gravitate towards pastel colors for most things. I do have one Red and White Polka-dot dress for my 1/3rd doll that I got from Ring Doll at a doll show. It is lovely and one of my favorite outfits.

10. Black is my favorite color, so most of the clothes for my dolls are back. Sometimes there's purle or pink as little details on it, but mostly black :lol:

11. For white skin dolls NEVER white clothes. That was my first big mistake when I got my first doll. A pure white doll with a white sweatshirt. My brain hurts thinking about it. All my tan dolls seem to have mostly white clothes. White skinned dolls mostly pastels, pink skinned dolls have a lot of black clothes. I wish I would have found this thread before I got clothes for my first doll. :)

12. I'm all over the place with colors. I love pastels, but then again, I also like older, vintage looking outfits which tend to be more muted, darker colors.

13. For now, it's mostly whites, blues and reds ! (*´▽`*) They're the colors that I associate the most with my characters, so it's not really that surprising ✩

14. Black, gray and maybe some white. Every time look for clothes I´m just going to these colors. But it´s the same with me, almost all my clothes are black!

15. Mainly dark colors for all of my dolls

16. I want my dolls to have a variety of colors in their wardrobe so now I try to buy colors out of my safety zone(orange,green,hot pink, lime green).

17. That depends on the character and the colors they prefer. Schemes vary wildly from character to character.

18. My favourite color is gray, so my dolls have a lot of gray outfits.

19. One of my girls veers towards purple and reds, while another likes greens. One of my boys likes bright colors (even if he can't see them), while my dancer likes blues and greens that remind him of the sea and oceans.

20. I like pretty much all colors but I do tend to stay away from dark colors because of the staining. Most of my dolls wear "regular" clothes but I do finally have my "kawaii" girl so she will always be in pastels.